Demi Lovato brings Ashlee Simpson on stage to perform "La La"

Jordan Miller

I was there last night!

Demi was pretty good and I'm indifferent toward her. I feel like she didn't want to be there. Her set was very short -- less than 90 minutes but a little over an hour. She did perform back-to-back and seemed to want to be done asap.

Ashlee was good and I was so surprised. I feel like a lot of people didn't really know who Ashlee was tbh

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
3 hours ago, britney fkn spears said:

Hahaha when ur :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: how dare u talk about GODobiography like that, :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:the LITERAL autobiography (co written and produced by John Shanks :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:) of the SUPERIOR sister of the simpsons EMPIRE. 
you REALLY think her sophomore album is better than THIS ALBUM? :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

Omfg album tracks for a REAL album 

The best tracks from I Am Me are

On a serious note though, they’re actually both kinda good sonically though 

You should be happy I at least like singles :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: and NO I'm not taking back what I said.

Deal with it :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

3 hours ago, BeyonceIsQueen said:

Ashlee is the Jamie Lynn of the Simpson sisters - an uglier and significantly less talented version of her superior sister.  Ashlee killed her career by herself due to her lack of talent as the whole world watched and laughed at her.  

Ashlee Simpson is a joke.

Ashlee did her own thing and made two very good albums after Autobiography that people were determined to dislike yet she has remained successful if not near the level she was at her debut. She still had multiple hits after that moment and her songs remain played everywhere, maybe more than Jessica’s. Jessica’s music is just so BORING. Ashlee REMAINS CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED. :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

not this from the one who called Britney’s lowest selling album before Britney Jean “overrated” but ok sis

???

I think Jessica’s music is streaming because it has meme quality for how unironically bad it is and the way she sings with her entire mouth open.

also there was that Lucia Cole character and others who went viral for passing off Jessica’s songs as their own… kind of proving no one had actually listened to them and were ready to believe they were made by some soundcloud artist.

:eyes_britney_laugh:

Or maybe because there are many who grew up with Jessica and can appreciate her late 90s/00s catalogue for what it is. :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: Jessica literally displayed more vocal versatility in her debut single than my fave ever did throughout her entire career… And you have the nerve to call her a bad singer when she can actually sing. 

And sure, Jessica’s music may have not quite gotten the recognition it deserved but it has its special place when people think of 2000s pop. Let’s also not forget she has double the amount of Top 40 hits than Ashlee and she was a fairly big household name throughout the majority of the 2000s. Anyway, I think you should stop pitting two sisters against eachother. Both had their moments. Objectively speaking, however, Jessica is a bigger name in music than Ashlee and her musical catalogue has more highs. Regardless, you seem so pressed over Jessica when the gag is that both her and her sister can co-exist. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BeyonceIsQueen said:

You think people listen to Ashlee in 2022?  I cant:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Jessica can actually sing and has some bops, Ashlee could nevah:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

This :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Jessica’s streaming numbers are there to also back it up  

100% yes I don’t hear Jessica’s influence anywhere because she was literally riding the teen pop wave. Ashlee was pretty much the antithesis of that and her sound and aesthetic are clearly more influential among today’s pop stars.

And what’s Ashlee’s influence exactly? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: Her sound was an offspring of Avril Lavigne, Hilary Duff and what every female-oriented pop-punk band was doing in 2003. Again, not trying to tear anyone down but facts are facts. :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

How come a lot of your posts come off pretty negative lately? You alright?

Have you read any of the recent threads on your forum, Jordy?

There are people in this thread saying far more negative things like calling Demi a flop, trashing Jessica, and labeling Ashlee a joke. I literally just said that “La La” is a horrible pop song and suddenly I’m being crucified for being negative, and mind you, towards a forgotten song from 2005? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Like have you read the Katy Perry thread which reek from negativity all the way from over here? :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: Oh Jordan. Your hypocrisy never fails to amuse me. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

???

Or maybe because there are many who grew up with Jessica and can appreciate her late 90s/00s catalogue for what it is. :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: Jessica literally displayed more vocal versatility in her debut single than my fave ever did throughout her entire career… And you have the nerve to call her a bad singer when she can actually sing. 

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

is this your coming out as a JESSICA SIMPSON STAN?!?

:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Have you read any of the recent threads on your forum, Jordy?

There are people in this thread saying far more negative things like calling Demi a flop, trashing Jessica, and labeling Ashlee a joke. I literally just said that “La La” is a horrible pop song and suddenly I’m being crucified for being negative, and mind you, towards a forgotten song from 2005? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Like have you read the Katy Perry thread which reek from negativity all the way from over here? :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: Oh Jordan. The hypocrisy. 

La La and all of Ashlee's hits were bops and your opinion don't matter sis 💅💯

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block