Official music video for "Hold Me Closer" drops on Tuesday: watch a preview

7 hours ago, Slayer said:

I wonder why they are waiting until Tuesday when they could get more sales for the tracking week from today.

As expected it doesn’t look like Brit will be in the video (understandably). Looking forward to seeing what Elton’s team came up with, i’m glad it is getting a video, the song deserves one.

What? Elton is clearly in this for the long term. We need to stop thinking about any individual tracking weeks.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Slayer said:

There is no long term if it falls off the charts. It’s an odd move to release on a Tuesday.

It went from 23 to 26 on BBH100, it’s stable on iTunes, doing well on Spotify, and growing like crazy on radio. What indicates it will “fall” off the charts if released on a Tuesday and not a Friday?

The major push you’re hoping for in an individual tracking week is what causes stark differences in performance from one week to the next. Think of it as spreading the love over two weeks.

• Love 5

The song has been dying on the US Pop charts for a few days and not growing at the other formats. The video and remixes are needed asap.

POP:
15 14 ELTON JOHN & BRITNEY SPEARS Hold Me Closer 6817 6325 492 18.587

-22 Spins
-192 Bullet
+0.078 Audience

HOT AC:
14 11 ELTON JOHN & BRITNEY SPEARS Hold Me Closer 3037 2758 279 10.654

+41 Spins
-10 Bullet
+0.135 Audience

AC:
11 11 ELTON JOHN & BRITNEY SPEARS Hold Me Closer 519 510 9 2.443

-3 Spins
-9 Bullet
+0.023 Audience

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block