Remember that time an interviewer asked Britney for a kiss and she said No

2 hours ago, agustinmalandra said:

Maybe culturehas something to do here in this debate.

Here in Argentina (center of Argentina, geographically speaking) it's normal to give a kiss when saying hi or bye... other countries are so cold (example Japan, you touch hands and it's a scandal)

I'd kiss y'all all over 

FBFpq5xXEAQwd7G.jpg

Same in France, I guess that has to do with European/Latin/Romance culture :) 

When I lived in the UK, I remember Brits being appalled at us French, Spaniards and Italians kissing on the cheek to say hi or bye !

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I don't kiss anyone on the cheek except my family and closest friends. And of course my boyfriend the few times I'm being wholesome and not... the other thing. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

To have a complete stranger ask for one is rude and disrespectful IMO

But thank God it was a woman, I came storming into this thread thinking it was some creepy guy. :gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

2 hours ago, agustinmalandra said:

Maybe culturehas something to do here in this debate.

Here in Argentina (center of Argentina, geographically speaking) it's normal to give a kiss when saying hi or bye... other countries are so cold (example Japan, you touch hands and it's a scandal)

I'd kiss y'all all over 

FBFpq5xXEAQwd7G.jpg

13 minutes ago, ydmc said:

I guess that's cultural.

Over here, in France, pre covid, it was pretty common, even usual, to kiss on the cheeks to say hello to someone.

on the other hand, i would never hug anyone as a form of greeting, that's so weird to me.

I think it's a cultural thing, people here in Latin America tend to be more physically expressive.

It wasn't that the lady was being introduced to her and suddenly kissed her cheek, that's invading your space and your privacy, but you have to understand the context of the situation. 
she was a journalist who was going to interview her and she asked her nicely at the end of the interview, Britney could have refused in a nicer way.
But her face was as if she had asked for a kiss on the mouth. . a lot of drama.:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
24 minutes ago, ydmc said:

I guess that's cultural.

Over here, in France, pre covid, it was pretty common, even usual, to kiss on the cheeks to say hello to someone.

on the other hand, i would never hug anyone as a form of greeting, that's so weird to me.

No hugs? OMG a hug is the first thing I do when I see someone I know!

Hug more people, they're scientifically proven to release oxytocin!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

I think it's a cultural thing, people here in Latin America tend to be more physically expressive.

It wasn't that the lady was being introduced to her and suddenly kissed her cheek, that's invading your space and your privacy, but you have to understand the context of the situation. 
she was a journalist who was going to interview her and she asked her nicely at the end of the interview, Britney could have refused in a nicer way.
But her face was as if she had asked for a kiss on the mouth. . a lot of drama.:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I'm Puerto Rican, born and raised. Not all of Latin America has a lack of boundaries. :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

Hugs on the other hand flow freely. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Rachel Green Geller said:

I mean, I think Britney could have tried to say no in a "friendlier" way but why would anyone ask their interviewee to kiss them? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Who randomly asks someone if they can kiss them? That’s just too personal. The woman was there to interview Britney, not kiss her. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Her reaction to that lady asking for a kiss was HILARIOUS! :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay::hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

You can tell she stopped giving af around this time

It really is hilarious. Gets a giggle out of me. I don’t think she was being particularly rude here either, she was caught off guard and that’s how she reacted. Iconic emote. 
I agree she stopped caring around that time. She’d had enough and needed a break. I think she even says that later in Chaotic or an interview from around that time. 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

It really is hilarious. Gets a giggle out of me. I don’t think she was being particularly rude here either, she was caught off guard and that’s how she reacted. Iconic emote. 
I agree she stopped caring around that time. She’d had enough and needed a break. I think she even says that later in Chaotic or an interview from around that time. 

Agree.

You can tell she was over fame once ITZ came out.

But if that woman really thought just cause Britney kissed Madonna, that she can ask for a kiss,

she's seriously sick

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block