Was it ever confirmed that Britney and Justin were engaged?

8 minutes ago, PrimeBritney said:

That's just assuming tbh. She kind of changes subject with the "I still think the best night of my life was when I was 22 years old. It was New Year’s Eve, and in Hawaii.”

Her favorite time would've been In The Zone + the Jason Alexander marriage.

I'm now going to assume you are Jason Alexander 🙃 But you're right it's just assumption based on what she was just talking about and that she spent New Years 2002 in Hawaii with Justin and just some little context clues about that time in Hawaii. But it is just assumption. Britney has nice association with Hawaii but has often talked negative about Vegas (even before the residency).

13 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Yeah, they were engaged. Then she developed substance induced bipolar disorder and her manic phases turned him off, he cheated. She cheated. Then her mental health took a dive and she became a completely different person with KFed. Now Britney seems to be her natural sweet self again, albeit the random outbursts and acting out with her twirling dance videos to rebel and feel liberated.

Sources? 

2 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

She likely complained of having concentrational or attentional difficulties. So some a hole psychiatrist either diagnosed her with ADHD or prescribed her Adderall. Stimulant medications in high doses can induce symptoms of mania or psychosis. This information was leaked by the press and I made my own inferences from it. 

I've heard those rumors too. I just thought you had actual sources. 

Because that is not a reason for putting someone under a c-ship. 

Interesting. 

• Like 1

Okay, I just spent the past hour doing a little digging.

The photoshoot was shot by Howard Rosenberg for HELLO! magazine in early-to-mid 2001. Can't find an exact date, but that was her bleached-brows, ultra blonde era. Interestingly, the pictures were not released until Sep 2003:

hello784.jpg

I also looked up the 2013 interview where she's asked about the best night of her life. Full context for that bit:

We talk about her “French country”-style house on the outskirts of Los Angeles, and about the early years of her career, such as when she and Timberlake turned up at the 2001 American Music Awards clad entirely in denim. “It was a pretty carefree time,” she says. “We were just, like, ‘We look great, let’s go!’ I have great memories of that time: there were a lot of rehearsals, but there was also a lot of clubbing and a lot of dancing. I still think the best night of my life was when I was 22 years old. It was New Year’s Eve, and in Hawaii.”
Her smile hints at a fun night, but also suggests that the details are not for public consumption. “It was a long time ago,” is all she will say. “But it was fun.”

Seems like she is also talking about that night in relation to JT.

Now, let's look at the timeline:

She was with JT in Hawaii on New Year's Eve in 1999/New Year's 2000.

tumblr-308139c5ebc993b7787ca3a6cdc5f247-

Early January 2002: She's pictured with JT in Hawaii again, so they very likely spent New Year's Eve there as well. 

britney-swim-060102-13.jpg

Dec 31 2002: She was in New York for a New Year's Eve party.

Dec 31 2003: She's in Vegas partying it up with Jason Alexander. This is when she was actually 22, so she def got the date wrong.

So, that "best day" is very likely Dec 31 2001. If JT did propose then, however, that means they were NOT engaged at the time of the photoshoot. Yet she was 100% flashing the ring in classic "look I just got engaged" pose, so, I dunno...

• Love 8
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, sodapopbritney said:

That’s interesting because I see it the other way around if anything. I do think it was puppy love but her personality didn’t seem put on around him, even if they shared some mannerisms.

With kfed her personality took a pretty sudden turn, but maybe that really was her most authentic and I’m wrong :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Britney adopts the personality of whichever man she is most intimate with atm:

Justin --> career driven and focused
Random hookups with bad boys like Colin Farrell --> seeking rebellion
KFed --> stoner and wants to be lazy and take lots of breaks. doesn't care what she looks like.
Sam --> Loves and can't get enough of fitness and obsesses over physical beauty.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
32 minutes ago, Greg Sargent said:

KFed --> stoner and wants to be lazy and take lots of breaks. doesn't care what she looks like.
Sam --> Loves and can't get enough of fitness and obsesses over physical beauty.

This is blowing my mind right now.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Greg Sargent said:

Yup. It is actually mindblowing that more ppl have not noticed

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

She likely complained of having concentrational or attentional difficulties. So some a hole psychiatrist either diagnosed her with ADHD or prescribed her Adderall. Stimulant medications in high doses can induce symptoms of mania or psychosis. This information was leaked by the press and I made my own inferences from it. 

when was this info leaked to the press? 

8 hours ago, Greg Sargent said:

Yep even down to the mannerisms I think she does this to an extent. I get it because if you’ve ever struggled with your sense of self you know how it can be hard to not “mimic” people close to you.

I feel like she does this less with Sam, maybe as she’s matured. but the workout phase seems inspired by him 

8 hours ago, Bigno said:

Yup. It is actually mindblowing that more ppl have not noticed

What do you mean? LOL It was widely talked about when she started dating Charlie and had a total glow-up from when she was with David. Because she was a little bit thicker when she was with David (Feb. 2014 POMney is such a curvy goddess ISTG), and then got super slim when she got with Charlie who was in pretty good shape.

And had the best *** of all her men. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I just wanted to lick it.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, crystakat said:

Okay, I just spent the past hour doing a little digging.

The photoshoot was shot by Howard Rosenberg for HELLO! magazine in early-to-mid 2001. Can't find an exact date, but that was her bleached-brows, ultra blonde era. Interestingly, the pictures were not released until Sep 2003:

hello784.jpg

I also looked up the 2013 interview where she's asked about the best night of her life. Full context for that bit:

Seems like she is also talking about that night in relation to JT.

Now, let's look at the timeline:

She was with JT in Hawaii on New Year's Eve in 1999/New Year's 2000.

tumblr-308139c5ebc993b7787ca3a6cdc5f247-

Early January 2002: She's pictured with JT in Hawaii again, so they very likely spent New Year's Eve there as well. 

britney-swim-060102-13.jpg

Dec 31 2002: She was in New York for a New Year's Eve party.

Dec 31 2003: She's in Vegas partying it up with Jason Alexander. This is when she was actually 22, so she def got the date wrong.

So, that "best day" is very likely Dec 31 2001. If JT did propose then, however, that means they were NOT engaged at the time of the photoshoot. Yet she was 100% flashing the ring in classic "look I just got engaged" pose, so, I dunno...

It could be that the ring was a promise ring. Remember, both Britney and Justin are from the South, and people from the South tend to be traditional and old-fashioned like that.

A promise ring is exactly what it sounds like, a promise to love each other and be together. It's kind of like a teenager's version of an engagement ring nowadays, and way, way back in the day it was like a pre-engagement ring, like how the engagement ring nowadays is a pre-wedding ring.

So it's possible that Justin gave her the promise ring shortly before this photoshoot, and then just a few months later in December, actually proposed with the real thing.

But at the end of the day, this is Britney's best day ever. It's probably sacred and very intimate to her, so we shouldn't pry.

Aside from an engagement, the only other thing I could see it being is that this is the day she gave Justin her virginity. Girls and gays always romanticize their first time. I know I have.

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

It could be that the ring was a promise ring. Remember, both Britney and Justin are from the South, and people from the South tend to be traditional and old-fashioned like that.

A promise ring is exactly what it sounds like, a promise to love each other and be together. It's kind of like a teenager's version of an engagement ring nowadays, and way, way back in the day it was like a pre-engagement ring, like how the engagement ring nowadays is a pre-wedding ring.

So it's possible that Justin gave her the promise ring shortly before this photoshoot, and then just a few months later in December, actually proposed with the real thing.

But at the end of the day, this is Britney's best day ever. It's probably sacred and very intimate to her, so we shouldn't pry.

Aside from an engagement, the only other thing I could see it being is that this is the day she gave Justin her virginity. Girls and gays always romanticize their first time. I know I have.

The ring looks pink, like the pink necklace he gave her... which is also fitting to pink-y. ;) I mean we all know she has a thing for pink. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block