Britneys personal life is overshadowing her return to music

1 hour ago, Greg Sargent said:

Her personal life is also what has kept her relevant and a top Google Trend 24 years into her career. Its the same thing that Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Elvis had. When you are an aged popular star, you either stick around because you are still a hot topic, stick around because you just relentlessly chase fads and trends, or you wither away and become a flop. No one is going to be giving a veteran pop star the Dua Lipa or Olivia Rodrigo treatment, but both of them would be lucky to have Britneys career relevancy in 20 years. 

it shouldn't be like that. beyoncé is also 25 years into her career. she always managed to keep her private and public life separated. same for JLo/Shakira (although JLo isn't on the same league as Bey/Brit/Shakira). britney had and still has the capacity to do the same. she is way too young (younger than all the girls I've mentioned) to be a "veteran" popstar. 

still, let's be real: britney's personal life is literally making her the marilyn monroe of today. it's contributing to her status. 

I just hope that her next era (if she does one) won't be a blackout 2.0, with her hitting the headlines everyday while forgetting about her music. it should be fine though, as people are highly anticipating her album. 

• Love 2

Her family will continue trashing her because too much is at stake for them. The only way they will stop is when Brit starts winning all her court cases against them and files more cases against them to drown them in debt. At this point they are the most dangerous because they still have some clout, the kids are still minor so they are using everything in their power to silence Britney.

Imagine if it's actually proved that the whole conservatorship was a Fraudelent racket . What face will anyone of them have. Lifelong they will be seen as criminals or abusers. Presently it's only free britney team who thinks they are evil but when it's proved , the whole world will see it. This must obviously be giving them sleepless nights. That's why the overdrive to push the narrative that Britney is mentally unwell . And even making her kids say so.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, do the thing said:

it shouldn't be like that. beyoncé is also 25 years into her career. she always managed to keep her private and public life separated. same for JLo/Shakira (although JLo isn't on the same league as Bey/Brit/Shakira). britney had and still has the capacity to do the same. she is way too young (younger than all the girls I've mentioned) to be a "veteran" popstar. 

still, let's be real: britney's personal life is literally making her the marilyn monroe of today. it's contributing to her status. 

I just hope that her next era (if she does one) won't be a blackout 2.0, with her hitting the headlines everyday while forgetting about her music. it should be fine though, as people are highly anticipating her album. 

Beyonce with that elevator thing that she put in a song over and over again? Or the divorce and cheating thing with Jay Z that they made the entire album with? Or Becky with a good hair? They put personal drama as a menu to clickbait people to listening to them.

When you are deep in showbiz, these gimmicks are somehow necessary to put your name back in the news. That what Kardashian, Beyawnce, Kanye, Drake, Taylor Swift are doing. As much as this personal issue will hurt Britney, but I think she knew better. She got married for 50 hours prior to her album. Not sure if she did that intentionally or not, but she release a collab with Madonna and Toxic right after.

Britney will do fine, and she's back on her element. She's a smart girl so she'll know what to do next.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, do the thing said:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Beyonce had to come up with that fake story about Jay Z cheating on her to sell Lemonade and it worked for her. I remember there was so much drama going on

And let's not forget when she announced her pregnancy at the VMA's ..... if it's not attention seeking then what is it ?

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Almost Mystical said:

Beyonce with that elevator thing that she put in a song over and over again? Or the divorce and cheating thing with Jay Z that they made the entire album with? Or Becky with a good hair? They put personal drama as a menu to clickbait people to listening to them.

When you are deep in showbiz, these gimmicks are somehow necessary to put your name back in the news. That what Kardashian, Beyawnce, Kanye, Drake, Taylor Swift are doing. As much as this personal issue will hurt Britney, but I think she knew better. She got married for 50 hours prior to her album. Not sure if she did that intentionally or not, but she release a collab with Madonna and Toxic right after.

Britney will do fine, and she's back on her element. She's a smart girl so she'll know what to do next.

true for them! I was just saying that their story aren't as "dramatic" as britney's, who hits the headlines each week because of her trial, her revelations, or another family member speaking against her. i'm pretty sure that the wedding in 2004 wasn't done "on purpose", it's not like she wasn't on the news daily and promoted constantly (and this event would tarnish her reputation on her first really mature album in which she tried to push her direction and gain respect as an artist). not necessary or helpful at all.

6 minutes ago, TeaWaiter said:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Beyonce had to come up with that fake story about Jay Z cheating on her to sell Lemonade and it worked for her. I remember there was so much 

And let's not forget when she announced her pregnancy at the VMA's ..... if it's not attention seeking then what is it ?

I agree lol, it's just that for beyoncé it's "calculated" and she takes breaks during eras, she's in the news and she wants to and it's usually during her eras. it's controlled, while britney's private life is shed onto the news without control from her (her sister writing a book or her sons speaking against her or her ex husband shaming her etc.)

3 hours ago, do the thing said:

Actually Shakira was pretty much flopping with her latest song and it started to pick up right after his husband cheating rumors surfaced. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward: every pop star needs a little drama in her life to sell records let's be real.  You're either extremely controversial to the point where your personal life doesn't matter cause what you do on stage is enough (Like Madonna, or Gaga) or you're using your personal matters in your favor (like Beyonce and Taylor do) 

I hope this is the route Britney follows now that she has the rights to do so. To use everything she lived in her favor and it pushes her art better than ever 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Greg Sargent said:

Her personal life is also what has kept her relevant and a top Google Trend 24 years into her career. Its the same thing that Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Elvis had. When you are an aged popular star, you either stick around because you are still a hot topic, stick around because you just relentlessly chase fads and trends, or you wither away and become a flop. No one is going to be giving a veteran pop star the Dua Lipa or Olivia Rodrigo treatment, but both of them would be lucky to have Britneys career relevancy in 20 years. 

This. But unfortunately it's always been like that. Even when she was just starting out. About her break up with JT that had to be her fault said media outlets and the alleged boobjob etc. It's a shame because why can't they see that they are ruining a woman that is over talented (singer, dancer, pianist,...) And still after all that HUMBLE as they come. it baffles me every time. 

People don't know what they got until it's gone. And I'm afraid it's the same thing with Britney when she's not with us anymore 

No, all the constant drama about the c-ship is mostly followed by Britney’s fans or people really interested in celebrity gossips. But the GP the people in general don’t care, they understood the abuse and have moved on, and they will be enjoying Hold Me Closer when it’s on the radio, that’s it.

I mean, that's how you know she's back and coming out with a killer album. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Criticism over her perceived over***ualization and disapproval from parents? Britney.

pu***fied dragging her in the media? In The Zone.

Her dark times? Blackout.

The conservatorship? Circus.

Her being free, and getting attacked by those leeches is only going to ensure she gets hit after hit this era. I, like our favorite lawyer Britney "Matilda" Spears, remain unbothered.

she-hulk-twerk-she-hulk-megan-thee-stall

9 hours ago, do the thing said:

Beyonce chases trends, but does it in a more classy way. Her droplets with Ed Sheeran, with Megan the Stallion, and her usage of young lingo and mentioning things like "onlyfans" in her songs would be very cringe if her persona was more like awkward artsy Madonna instead of the cool as a cucumber ice princess she's developed. Beyonce also takes risks here and there like her surprise release of Self Titled, and headlining Coachella. 

Jlo is one of the ultimate trend chasers. She literally has dedicated her life to staying young looking and works with all the young up and comers in her lane when they are hot, like Iggy, Bad Bunny, Maluma, etc. also, JLo actively pushes her personal life in the media to stay a hot topic. She actually wants the type of interest Britney has, but theres only so many times someone if going to click a Bennifer story.

Shakira hasnt been able to get a US Top 10 in like a decade. The Super Bowl made her a hot topic again briefly, but the music she released afterwards was duds. In the Latin Market she is still a Queen, but they seem to be more loyal and less ageist.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block