Britneys personal life is overshadowing her return to music

6 hours ago, Greg Sargent said:

This is why there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I do like your points! Just chiming in to say that, IMO, there is almost no such thing as bad publicity! Britney could in theory destroy her reputation beyond repair, which absolutely would be bad. People like R. Kelly and Kevin Spacey come to mind. Even a Lea Michele scenario of being accused of years of bullying co-workers could be damaging. 

But I like your take that what we're seeing now isn't really bad for Britney's career. I think people on Exhale take some of the drama in Britney's life too seriously in a way. Like, oh no!! Another drama! What did they expect? That she'd exit the conservatorship and there wouldn't be residual family drama after all that went down? Britney's personal life has been utterly insane. Of course the media's going to talk about it. The public knows her life has been insane, but they also know that she was wronged by her family/management, that she's a talented entertainer, and that she stood the test of time after so many thought she'd be a flash in the pan. 

1 hour ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I do like your points! Just chiming in to say that, IMO, there is almost no such thing as bad publicity! Britney could in theory destroy her reputation beyond repair, which absolutely would be bad. People like R. Kelly and Kevin Spacey come to mind. Even a Lea Michele scenario of being accused of years of bullying co-workers could be damaging. 

But I like your take that what we're seeing now isn't really bad for Britney's career. I think people on Exhale take some of the drama in Britney's life too seriously in a way. Like, oh no!! Another drama! What did they expect? That she'd exit the conservatorship and there wouldn't be residual family drama after all that went down? Britney's personal life has been utterly insane. Of course the media's going to talk about it. The public knows her life has been insane, but they also know that she was wronged by her family/management, that she's a talented entertainer, and that she stood the test of time after so many thought she'd be a flash in the pan. 

True. People like to support victims. They also are endlessly fascinated by the eccentric artist. Hell, people will support **** addicted artists too (See: Amy Winehouse and Whitney). But cross the line into child molestation or r***, and youre done. People dont generally want to support a criminal. Michael Jackson was a bit of an exception since he was famously cleared in each case, but his career did take a dive nonetheless. 

• Like 1
On 9/3/2022 at 8:49 PM, Greg Sargent said:

Her personal life is also what has kept her relevant and a top Google Trend 24 years into her career. Its the same thing that Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Elvis had. When you are an aged popular star, you either stick around because you are still a hot topic, stick around because you just relentlessly chase fads and trends, or you wither away and become a flop. No one is going to be giving a veteran pop star the Dua Lipa or Olivia Rodrigo treatment, but both of them would be lucky to have Britneys career relevancy in 20 years. 

Damn.. spot on. 

So team con are doing her a favor... When the legal takedowns finally happen, it will make bigger news and be a bigger triumph because of all the noise they created.. they will fall harder 

Lou is keeping very much in the background, not showing her hand 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block