Do you regret making fun of the Piece Of Me Vegas show?

12 hours ago, do the thing said:

Yes.

I didn't make fun of FFT because she looked really unwell, heavily drugged and her body language screamed that she didn't want to be there and that she was forced throughout the entire era.

For Vegas, she seemed a little bit more comfortable and I thought that she enjoyed the proximity to her house and stuff like that, so yes the wigs, painted abs, choreographies were made fun of. 

Vegas 2.0 received a lot, a lot of praise though. It really correlated with the spark that she had at this moment. BBMA performance also received a lot of praise. 

After a year or so, a bit after the tours, she seemed quite... unwell though. I remember a lot of people talking about it here (although her tours were more trashed obv). A lot of parasite movements, scrapped choreographies, body language on the edge of a panic attack, something fishy was going on at this moment. Then the Domination mess. 

I remember she had these hand tremors or gestures. I wonder if they were caused by medication 

Honestly, no.

Even when POM kicked off with the bad wigs and the airbrushed abs, I was still stunned :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

It was however so INCREDIBLE to witness the change in POM from BJ to GLORY era .. & how she eventually regained that “fire in her eyes” until that dance move she asked to not do  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, limecakes said:

I remember she had these hand tremors or gestures. I wonder if they were caused by medication 

They may also be coping mechanisms (anxiety and panic attack: she's doing this to spend her energy and fill every "empty" moment in order to avoid having time to overthink and start a panic attack). Just like when you're overstressed and just shake a lot your whole body to avoid just collapsing from stress. These are also distress signs. 

• Super Mods

I didn't make fun of it, but I knew from the beginning that she didn't give a flying **** about it. I could tell it in her eyes. I always said, she's doing bad moves not because she's lazy or can't dance, but because she literally DOES NOT care whatsoever. POM was a huge red flag for me, that's when I started realizing something was majorly off :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I liked watching the videos on Youtube, her performances always bring me joy. The least watched show for me was Femme Fatale and I even bought the dvd. I just cant enjoy POM or FM anymore, even on days when she looked and performed close to primeney, I am asking myself "did they pump her full of stimulants just right before" or "what empty promises did they make her". Its just too sad to think about all the what ifs. I hope that she one day does a show again so I can see her live.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, PARKBOM said:

Honestly, no.

Even when POM kicked off with the bad wigs and the airbrushed abs, I was still stunned :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

It was however so INCREDIBLE to witness the change in POM from BJ to GLORY era .. & how she eventually regained that “fire in her eyes” until that dance move she asked to not do  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

:otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1

Do I regret it? No. That show was so bad, from 2013 all the way to 2018. I dragged it back then, and I'd drag it now. Because for me Britney was never the problem. The problem was everything else; the choreo, the outfits, the hair, the make-up. Maybe I'd poke fun at Britney here and there because of certain moves that got repeated every two seconds (the crazy hands, the butt wipes, the chest explosions) but I never once thought Britney was the problem with POM.

I can separate the artist from the art. And the art SUCKED.

I

I didn’t make fun of them it was more I was more so critical on the delivery aspect of it all just because I knew it was not up to her standards. I knew this was not the Britney we all knew. I had the assumption she didn’t care anymore about her career and she just wanted to be a mother but she’s only invested in doing it for a paycheck and that’s it because it gives stability for her boys to see their mom. That’s why she seemed more comfortable to me in POM vs the other tours that were worldwide. The fire did come back for a while in late 2015 to 2016, then she just seemed tired after that. 

As for CT I feel she only went along with it and took a step back just to go along with it enough to get out of the conservatorship as she initially thought was the plan and when that didn’t happen years later FFT comes you could tell she didn’t give af at all about that and didn’t have any creative input.

I’m glad Glory is the one she like I can’t listen to Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean without listening to it saying “this is forced and not her”. Those albums don’t have her touch any other artist could of created those albums. Glory is very much her similar to In The Zone, Blackout it has that Britney feel to it. Also out of all the Team Con Glory stays the most timeless tbh 

It’s hard to promote a project called “Femme Fatale” and then not feeling like one because your locked up and you don’t have control. Her team trying to portray she has control but now we know the truth. I see why she really didn’t give af that era. She didn’t need to give or owe anybody anything. I wish she would of never done that whole era and just stayed home with her kids who probably needed their mother at that age. ❤️

make fun of them it was more 

As for CT I feel she only went along with it and took a step back just to go along with it enough to get out of the conservatorship as she initially thought was the plan and when that didn’t happen years later FFT comes you could tell she didn’t give af at all about that and didn’t have any creative input.

I’m glad Glory is the one she like I can’t listen to Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean without listening to it saying “this is forced and not her”. Those albums don’t have her touch any other artist could of created those albums. Glory is very much her similar to In The Zone, Blackout it has that Britney feel to it. Also out of all the Team Con Glory stays the most timeless tbh 

It’s hard to promote a project called “Femme Fatale” and then not feeling like one because your locked up and you don’t have control. Her team trying to portray she has control but now we know the truth. I see why she really didn’t give af that era. She didn’t need to give or owe anybody anything. I wish she would of never done that whole era and just stayed home with her kids who probably n

• Content Curators

Yeah It’s no wonder why the shows went more and more limited in its props and production, the messy pony, the costumes becoming bikinis and the gym/zumba type choreography. You would do what you can to lessen the effort and push yourself through it easier. It’s unfortunate because most fans did poke fun at her for all of that, it was deliberate 

I can only speak about her POM performance in Antwerp (Belgium) and I wanted to leave a few times halfway through the concert.  My husband didn't understand.  'she is your idol, your Queen'.  But all I could say was 'I see someone being pressured, someone going through a rough period mentally, this is not OK'.  It made me especially sad.  I am glad that she can now speak so openly about this and explain it.  All fans wanted was to support her but we saw someone being exploited.  I feel really bad about that.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.