Don't you think Britney's VMAS 2016 performance was sabotaged ?

15 minutes ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

It wasn't sabotaged. Period. And don't even get me started on the whole "she wanted to sing live" BS. Just don't:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

However, I do believe Her appearance at the 2011 VMA's is highly controversial. The fact they made her turn her acceptance speech into an announcement of Beyonce's performance, speaks volumes:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Ok you have your opinion, I have mine, if you want to elaborate you can. Yes for the VMAS of 2011, its just so infuriating that they did this to her 

30 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

She should’ve opened the awards. 

Performing right after Beyoncé’s lemonade mix was a shady moved from MTV and that’s why the performance is forgotten. Cute.. but forgotten.

Yes it would have been better and I agree, it was a shady move because she had a lot more time, more stage production, than Britney, as if they did it on purpose with this type of performance that have better budget and focus. 

I just hope one day she can come back stronger on stage, if she wants to of course. 

1 hour ago, Almost Mystical said:

I always think her VMA performance is sending a message. Shadow hands controlling her life from behind the screen. And somehow it’s something that looks like really her idea. No flashy big budget spectacle, just her giving us signs for Free Britney. 

I been thinking this recently as well glad to know I’m not the only one

I believe Britney should’ve opened the VMAS that year! I understand that Rihanna performed three times due to receiving the Video Vanguard award, but had they pushed back one of her performances or switched Britney’s spot, I believe Britney’s performance would’ve been more memorable. I do believe MTV was shady for having Britney go on right after Beyoncé. From what I remember there was so much hype for Britney. Then Beyoncé comes on and pretty much kills it! Her performance was really good. Afterwards on the monitor, you see the coming up next… Britney Spears… compared to Beyoncé, Britney’s performance was more light hearted and chill. Beyoncé was more hard and aggressive, so  that’s a reason why it seemed less than spectacular at the time. Looking at it now, I believe it’s one of Britney’s best performance’s from the 2010’s. This was the first time in years we go close to seeing Primeney again! 

• Love 1

Well she had no hit songs from the album, so why would she perform more than one song? thats why they add a popular song to her song to get more attention. There is no sabotaging the performance, I dont know what ur talking about! The performance was great, but its not what people expected considering her other VMA performances. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

The team sabataged the entire era because of that stunt she pulled, Britney said her team use to always embarrass her they probably made her wear that hideous outfit, and then I remember they gave it away to some fan the next day, that’s how you know the outfit wasn’t worth sh**t

Ah ok, I didn't know they gave it away but I'm not so much surprised with that they did overall

14 minutes ago, Britney58 said:

I believe Britney should’ve opened the VMAS that year! I understand that Rihanna performed three times due to receiving the Video Vanguard award, but had they pushed back one of her performances or switched Britney’s spot, I believe Britney’s performance would’ve been more memorable. I do believe MTV was shady for having Britney go on right after Beyoncé. From what I remember there was so much hype for Britney. Then Beyoncé comes on and pretty much kills it! Her performance was really good. Afterwards on the monitor, you see the coming up next… Britney Spears… compared to Beyoncé, Britney’s performance was more light hearted and chill. Beyoncé was more hard and aggressive, so  that’s a reason why it seemed less than spectacular at the time. Looking at it now, I believe it’s one of Britney’s best performance’s from the 2010’s. This was the first time in years we go close to seeing Primeney again! 

Yes I see, because I think her performance was maybe meant not be over the top, a more chill one from the start (with one song) compared to Beyoncé's and yes it was overwhelmed. What do you think about the one at the Billboard Music Awards  ?

It was a great one too. 

20 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Well she had no hit songs from the album, so why would she perform more than one song? thats why they add a popular song to her song to get more attention. There is no sabotaging the performance, I dont know what ur talking about! The performance was great, but its not what people expected considering her other VMA performances. 

It would have been great to perform Slumber Party I think. For me it was strange to have only one song and few effects, dancers for her to perform but it's just my point of view 

4 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

I like that performance tbh. The only reason it seemed underwhelming was because Beyoncé sang like the whole album with a SuperBowl type of production... 

Yes it played a major part, it would have been different if Britney had the same type of production and set 

4 minutes ago, Niaraley said:

It would have been great to perform Slumber Party I think. For me it was strange to have only one song and few effects, dancers for her to perform but it's just my point of view 

I understand that you dislike how it was done, but I dont think it was sabotaged as the performance was actually really good.  Slumber Party is good, but its too similar to Make Me to add it to the performance. 

• Like 2
Just now, fays1 said:

I understand that you dislike how it was done, but I dont think it was sabotaged as the performance was actually really good.  Slumber Party is good, but its too similar to Make Me to add it to the performance. 

Yes I just think it's unfair in a way, but maybe I'm in my feelings lol. It was a great performance and yes maybe Slumber Party would have been too similar, it's an interesting point of view

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block