Demi Lovato Drops "29"

JayTawndre

22 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah I do agree. It’s just interesting the differences between age of consent depending on where you live.

Yes, I am surprised California is so strict. I don't even hold it against them. Even though I don't think a 17-year-old dating an 18 or 19-year-old is inherently bad, I think a very strict rule around this to remove ambiguity has benefits. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kevney said:

A lot of states it is 16 just like the UK? Wut? You should look into this kinda thing before just typing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#State_laws

Okay, I said age of consent varies in different states and that in CA the age is 18, all you did was confirm what I said. What do you mean I need to read up on stuff before I type. I literally did and you basically restated it but with articles. So what am I missing here. Not even trying to be aggressive but if I missed something I’d like to learn. If what I read was ill informed, I’d like to be corrected. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Isla said:

I like it. It’s interesting to hear about Demi’s relationship with Wilmer from her side. The song seems to end abruptly though. 

Ugh this is my qualm with the song! Love the song, love that they're spilling the tea, the sound really suits their voice...but I legit thought my Spotify stopped working when I first heard the song. I was like, "wait, did my internet go out?" :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, cubasterd said:

I like the song. But why are people so out of touch with reality these days? She asks if it was his fantasy to date a 17 year old upcoming actress or was it her fantasy to date a popular 29 year old male actor. I'm betting it was both of their fantasies. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Fantasy or not, as the legal adult, Wilmer should have known better than to get involved with Demi while they were a minor. It also sounds like he groomed them, which is just :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: I don't care how close to being a legal adult Demi was when this started - as someone who is closer to Wilmer's (then) age, I can't even fathom going for a 17-year-old.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

This is my first time hearing this song and WOW I LOVE IT!
Its probably the best song ive heard so far from the album.

I think that it was SICK of Wilmer to take advantage of a then underage Demi but this isnt the first time he's creeped on underage starlets:

He's done it to Lindsay Lohan and Mandy Moore.

(He even bragged about taking Mandy's V-Card, which is SO disgusting btw!)

He's just a creep.

I wouldnt be suprised if he gets with another teen star

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, toxiccriminal said:

Fantasy or not, as the legal adult, Wilmer should have known better than to get involved with Demi while they were a minor. It also sounds like he groomed them, which is just :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: I don't care how close to being a legal adult Demi was when this started - as someone who is closer to Wilmer's (then) age, I can't even fathom going for a 17-year-old.

I agree. He is a predator, especially considering that he befriended her when she was younger than 17 , before they started dating.

Thanks for sharing, it's really a good song from her new album ( I like Skin of my teeth and I really like Substance) and it explains the abuse she suffered from Wilmer Valderamma I suppose. As an adult, she realized things, the grooming he did with her and Mandy Moore, Lindsay Lohan notably 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, toxiccriminal said:

Ugh this is my qualm with the song! Love the song, love that they're spilling the tea, the sound really suits their voice...but I legit thought my Spotify stopped working when I first heard the song. I was like, "wait, did my internet go out?" :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Yeah same here, that ending was weird. The songs this era feel much shorter too.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block