Demi Lovato Drops "29"

JayTawndre

So is she now confirming Wilmer had intercourse with her when she was underage, 17? Cuz this can get him into serious trouble! She’s always maintained they started dating when she was 18, but in the past, he was obviously dating a then 17 year old Lindsay Lohan and she said they were “just friends” and then boom she turned 18 and then they were a couple. So it wouldn’t surprised me if Demi lied about being 18 when they first hooked up to cover for him.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

So is she now confirming Vilmer had intercourse with her when she was underage, 17? Cuz this can get him into serious trouble! She’s always maintained they started dating when she was 18, but in the past, he was obviously dating a then 17 year old Lindsay Lohan and she said they were “just friends” and then boom she turned 18 and then they were a couple. So it wouldn’t surprised me if Demi lied about being 18 when they first hooked up to cover for him.

Tea spilled

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Rex said:

This is honesty so sad. But it is nice to see Demi being more personal and vulnerable with music now. Only makes me excited for the album! I honestly think this album will be their best yet.

Although I prefer R&B/Pop Demi best, I am paying attention to this Rock Demi era a lot. She seems a lot more relaxed too which says a lot. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

So is she now confirming Wilmer had intercourse with her when she was underage, 17? Cuz this can get him into serious trouble! She’s always maintained they started dating when she was 18, but in the past, he was obviously dating a then 17 year old Lindsay Lohan and she said they were “just friends” and then boom she turned 18 and then they were a couple. So it wouldn’t surprised me if Demi lied about being 18 when they first hooked up to cover for him.

What’s the age of consent in the US? It’s 16 in the UK. I think if this had happened in the UK between two Brits, I think people would have still raised their eyebrows at a 16 and 29 year old (you’re not legally an adult until 18 in the UK) but some people probably would have defended it given the age of consent. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Isla said:

What’s the age of consent in the US? It’s 16 in the UK. I think if this had happened in the UK between two Brits, I think people would have still raised their eyebrows at a 16 and 29 year old (you’re not legally an adult until 18 in the UK) but some people probably would have defended it given the age of consent. 

It varies in different states, but in California, where they were living at the time and I believe still are, it’s 18 years old. I wanted to know more about it and I read California is very strict with its law. Even if he was 18 and she was 17 that would still be a crime. California is a liberal state, so I was surprised to see how strict it is with age of consent laws. I read other states allow a legal adult and a minor to have consensual intercourse if it falls within a 3 year age gap. And then there’s a “Romeo and Juliet” law that it’s legal if both parties are underage. California doesn’t acknowledge either of those scenarios. So he could face up to a year in jail if prosecuted and convicted.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

It varies in different states, but in California, where they were living at the time and I believe still are, it’s 18 years old. I wanted to know more about it and I read California is very strict with its law. Even if he was 18 and she was 17 that would still be a crime. California is a liberal state, so I was surprised to see how strict it is with age of consent laws. I read other states allow a legal adult and a minor to have consensual intercourse if it falls within a 3 year age gap. And then there’s a “Romeo and Juliet” law that it’s legal if both parties are underage. California doesn’t acknowledge either of those scenarios. So he could face up to a year in jail if prosecuted and convicted.

Oh yikes. Now you’ve mentioned California law that reminds me of what happened with Jamie Lynn’s ex when she fell pregnant. She was 16 at the time and I think he was 18? Wilmer could definitely be prosecuted if Cali are that strict. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

Demi Lovato Drops album track "29" which candidly speaks about her past relationship with actor Wilmer Valderamma. 

Demi's new album HOLY **** drops Friday. I'm so ready! Are you? :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

"29" is an absolute bop. Honestly my personal favorite release from HOLY **** so far along with "Substance."

Thoughts?

29 as “29 pronouns” or “29 frozen yogurt flavors”? 

• Haha 7
35 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

A lot of states it is 16 just like the UK? Wut? You should look into this kinda thing before just typing.

History of California laws

The age of consent, at the time applying only when the girl is the younger party, was 10 when California introduced its penal code in 1850. In 1889 the age of consent was raised to 14. In 1897 the age of consent became 16. The age of consent in California has been 18 since 1913. Some media sources reported that the age of consent in California in the 1970s was 14 or 16 but in fact it was and has been 18.[129]

In the 1990s Governor of California Pete Wilson stated that there was a trend of men in their mid-to-late 20s having s** with and impregnating teenage girls around 14 years of age and that the statutory r*** laws needed to be enforced to prevent this.[138]

In 2012 Kristin Olsen, a Republican member of the State Assembly of California, sponsored a bill that criminalizes ***ual relations between K-12 teachers and students, including students over 18, as well as ***ual text messages and other communications aimed at seducing a student. The bill was proposed after a 41-year-old teacher and 18-year-old high school student publicly announced that they were in a relationship.[139] The bill was killed in committee by Democratic lawmakers concerned about the constitutionality of the proposed legislation.[140]

By 2014 there had been civil court rulings in California stating that minors under 18 may consent to ***ual activity, even though the age of consent is 18 under state criminal law.[141]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#California

States where the age of consent is 16 (31): Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio,[a] Oklahoma, Pennsylvania,[b] Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, and West Virginia.

States where the age of consent is 17 (6): Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, New York, and Wyoming.

States where the age of consent is 18 (13): Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Kentucky, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas,[c] Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#State_laws

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Isla said:

Oh yikes. Now you’ve mentioned California law that reminds me of what happened with Jamie Lynn’s ex when she fell pregnant. She was 16 at the time and I think he was 18? Wilmer could definitely be prosecuted if Cali are that strict. 

That happening was dumb as hell, but I do not view a 2-year difference as being predatory. It's impossible to determine a hard line. To me that isn't though. On the other hand, a 4-year age difference in the teens is too much, IMO. People change quickly in those years. 

I do not view a 2-year difference as *inherently* predatory. I can't speak for that guy's character beyond his foolishness to not find birth control (Jamie Lynn's also). 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

That happening was dumb as hell, but I do not view a 2-year difference as being predatory. It's impossible to determine a hard line. To me that isn't though. On the other hand, a 4-year age difference in the teens is too much, IMO. People change quickly in those years. 

I do not view a 2-year difference as *inherently* predatory. I can't speak for that guy's character beyond his foolishness to not find birth control (Jamie Lynn's also). 

Yeah I do agree. It’s just interesting the differences between age of consent depending on where you live.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block