Nicki’s Minaj ‘Super Freaky Girl’ breaks record for biggest solo Spotify debut by a female rapper

12 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

Why is Nicki outselling her replacements with no video/promo?

spacer.png

Where are the haters? spacer.png

Are you jealous of the queen of rap? 
spacer.png

Didnt this happen after she released 4 flopped singles that even the music videos couldnt get views?

And didnt she say she will stop the over ***ual songs because its old and shes uncomfortable with it? but after she flpped she wants to do it?

17 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

This could’ve been her first solo #1 on Hot 100 easily, but ofc we’ve got a messy rollout. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: Anyway, Super Freaky Girl is a smash! I needed a ‘fuq those skinny b’s’ line at the end, tho! 

Spotify 

• #2  US — 1,573,025
  • #13 Global — 3,021,816

Apple Music

Itunes Charts 

• #1 in 53 countries!!! 

The song is FANTASTIC!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TheDukeDan said:

Everybody has their own opinion and taste in music… And if she is number one in that many countries on iTunes, I guess it’s not for nothing. But let’s talk about it in a few weeks ;-)

How could you say any new female rappers upstaged Nicki when Nicki was the defining point of what a modern female rap song/video should look like?

Babe, Nicki showed their way. I’m not going to trash talk about them because I honestly love all of the girls. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, 4EverIntoxicated said:

I honestly think it’s the best release from any main pop girl in a long time. I don’t even care for Nicki, but this is a bop. I don’t know if it’s the nostalgic 2014 vibes that it gives, or the fact that I appreciate her realizing what gets her hits…. Idk. Something about this song stands out way more than her recent releases :katyfrog_perry_upset_um: I prefer her pop sound? I guess… but then I enjoy her trap ish…. :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

I agree. It's refreshing to hear those 2010s vibes. It's produced well.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

How could you say any new female rappers upstaged Nicki when Nicki was the defining point of what a modern female rap song/video should look like?

Babe, Nicki showed their way. I’m not going to trash talk about them because I honestly love all of the girls. 

I think I’m just a lil’ bit disappointed because I loved everything Nicki released from 2010-2018, but nothing since Chun-Li (which I loved, BTW). But I agree with you, maybe I was to quick/harsh to say that these girls “upstaged her”. What I wanted to say was more like: I prefer what those girls put out in the last 3 years than Nicki’s new era. I don’t know if her next album is part of a label deal but I have a feeling she doesn’t want to be there (that’s what I meant by “invested”)… but maybe I’m wrong and if you guys like her songs, I’m really not the one to judge!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block