Nicki’s Minaj ‘Super Freaky Girl’ breaks record for biggest solo Spotify debut by a female rapper

This could’ve been her first solo #1 on Hot 100 easily, but ofc we’ve got a messy rollout. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: Anyway, Super Freaky Girl is a smash! I needed a ‘fuq those skinny b’s’ line at the end, tho! 

Spotify 

• #2  US — 1,573,025
  • #13 Global — 3,021,816

Apple Music

Itunes Charts 

• #1 in 53 countries!!! 

• Love 3

I don’t like to bad mouth, but isn’t she trying to sound like Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion and Cardi B reunited on a single song?

I know that she probably inspired a lot of those rappers, but I feel like they upstaged her. And Super Freaky Girl sounds like a Pink Friday leftover IMO. And she doesn’t sound really “invested” in what she put out recently …

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, TheDukeDan said:

I don’t like to bad mouth, but isn’t she trying to sound like Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion and Cardi B reunited on a single song?

I know that she probably inspired a lot of those rappers, but I feel like they upstaged her. And Super Freaky Girl sounds like a Pink Friday leftover IMO. And she doesn’t sound really “invested” in what she put out recently …

This is probably the most delusional comment ever written online. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

6 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

This is probably the most delusional comment ever written online. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

Everybody has their own opinion and taste in music… And if she is number one in that many countries on iTunes, I guess it’s not for nothing. But let’s talk about it in a few weeks ;-)

I honestly think it’s the best release from any main pop girl in a long time. I don’t even care for Nicki, but this is a bop. I don’t know if it’s the nostalgic 2014 vibes that it gives, or the fact that I appreciate her realizing what gets her hits…. Idk. Something about this song stands out way more than her recent releases :katyfrog_perry_upset_um: I prefer her pop sound? I guess… but then I enjoy her trap ish…. :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

• Love 2
  • Like 1