Demi Lovato Updates Her Pronouns to She/Her

Zach F

I say good for her. Lots of young people are experimenting with different pronouns and ways of expressing their genders. If someone wants to backtrack we should fully respect it and normalize it so people don't get stuck in a new box that doesn't fit them. 

GIF by Demi Lovato

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

The more I live, the more I see ***uality/gender as a spectrum. It's not black and white. You can feel a whole bunch of things for a whole bunch of different people and those feelings can change from day to day. The sooner we stop obsessing over pronouns and stop trying to place everyone in a box, the better. She felt one way last year, a different way this year, probably different in the future too. Let her be.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jsken said:

I say good for her. Lots of young people are experimenting with different pronouns and ways of expressing their genders. If someone wants to backtrack we should fully respect it and normalize it so people don't get stuck in a new box that doesn't fit them. 

GIF by Demi Lovato

Difference is this is Demi we're talking about, aka the biggest attention seeker in pop music. She almost certainly jumped on the non-binary bandwagon because it was trendy, then her albums started flopping so now she's going back to her roots as a she/her. It's such an obvious PR stunt. It's not going to win her any new fans though, so just watch her switch pronouns again in a few months. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Isla said:

This is annoying. I was actually willing to support Demi when she originally updated her pronouns to they/them but now it seems like it was just a phase, which I think it a bit of a slap in the face to actual non-binary people.

Imagine the backlash a celeb would get if they announced they were gay/bis£xual but then announced they were now straight again. 

You mean like what Jessie J did? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

23-j.jpg
M.INDEPENDENT.IE

SINGER Jessie J has revealed that she’s straight – years after admitting she was bi***ual.

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

Difference is this is Demi we're talking about, aka the biggest attention seeker in pop music. She almost certainly jumped on the non-binary bandwagon because it was trendy, then her albums started flopping so now she's going back to her roots as a she/her. It's such an obvious PR stunt. It's not going to win her any new fans though, so just watch her switch pronouns again in a few months. 

Idk, it is worth bearing in mind that a lot of trans and non-binary and gender-questioning people get accused of attention-seeking or inauthenticity in general. Maybe it was a PR stunt in her case, but maybe not, so I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt like I do everybody else.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block