Jesy Nelson reportedly walks away from her record deal with Polydor

Slayer

50 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I guess they were expecting a more rushed album, Jesy wants to do it her way, obviously taking time off like she did probably did piss everybody off.

You know team Leigh Anne on Twitter is gonna roast her a new one.

There was a poll, and nobody wants Jesy back in the group, saying a soprano girl group is better. 

So yeah, then watching the reaction from vocal coach, she wasn't a fan saying it's too much sample's for a lead single. She should have done something that well is her own..

I think they wanted her to do a Mabel, who is also on Polydor and do a safe pop album instead of the r&b route they wanted.

We know Jesy and she would have straight up refused to do that.

Jax Jones even revealed Jesy said no to doing a DJ collab with him because she wanted to focus on R&B music.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I guess they were expecting a more rushed album, Jesy wants to do it her way, obviously taking time off like she did probably did piss everybody off.

Hardly rushed. She left little mix in December 2020 and very early in 2021 she confirmed she was working on a solo album and spent most of 2021 working on it then Boyz was released in October 2021 and now we're nearly in August 2022 and still no 2nd single and no word on the album. in fact i remember when Boyz was released she said in an interview she had so many songs in the bag ready to go so what the hell has she been doing. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

Hardly rushed. She left little mix in December 2020 and very early in 2021 she confirmed she was working on a solo album and spent most of 2021 working on it then Boyz was released in October 2021 and now we're nearly in August 2022 and still no 2nd single and no word on the album. in fact i remember when Boyz was released she said in an interview she had so many songs in the bag ready to go so what the hell has she been doing. 

She's been in the studio SOOO much, she's been non-stop posting it on her instagram stories.

This was/is supposed to be the next single:

• Content Curators

I though the song was a nice start.

Maybe it wasn't the strongest choice but a good song it was.

I'm rooting for her, it starts to seem like having a hard time. I think that for her debut album she should of just gone with the flow of what the record company wanted and then later on stepped in with her ideas.

Wish her the best though.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Oh this isn't good :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: fingers crossed she can find another label. She hasn't made a lot of great decisions recently but she's still very talented and I think with the right song she might be able to win people over eventually.

(Is it bad I haven't heard Boyz apart from a few clips of the Jingle Bell Ball performance dd)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

Probably went back to the drawing board, Boyz got mixed reviews from fans and the music video wasn't well received either. She probably doesn't want to make another mistake. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Jesy was my favorite in Little Mix and the one who drew me in, but she seems more interested in living a celebrity lifestyle than working. I hope she has good people surrounding her, but in the end, more power to her for moving at her own pace. She started working in pop nonstop at a very young age and if she is putting finding herself ahead of her music career, I can respect that. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block