Jesy Nelson reportedly walks away from her record deal with Polydor

Slayer

JESY Nelson has split from her record label Polydor after just 14 months.

Insiders said the former Little Mix star decided to walk away from her deal to make a fresh start.

Jesy, 31, first quit Little Mix in December 2020 and said she could no longer cope with the pressures of being in a girl group.

She signed a major solo deal with Polydor Records, who also look after Billie Eilish and Sam Fender, in May last year but has only released one single, Boyz.

Her first single Boyz peaked at No4 in the charts.

Music insiders have now revealed Jesy and Polydor have split and are no longer working together.

Jesy has also since been removed from Polydor’s roster of talent on their website.

A source said: “Jesy decided it was the right time for her to make a clean break.

“She and the label have been going in different directions in recent months. And while there hasn't been a fall-out, Jesy just felt it was better to start afresh now – while everyone was still friends.

“Jesy enjoyed her time with Polydor - but feels, rather than go on together while having such differing musical ideas for the future, she now wants to be able to fully develop her own ideas as an individual artist.”

A second music insider added: “Jesy loves the music she has been working on and is really proud of it.

“She has been working hard in Los Angeles and is determined to get it out there and make a success of her solo music.”

A spokesman for Jesy said: “Jesy Nelson feels now is the right for her to move in a new direction. As a result, she has decided to part company with Polydor.

Jesy has been working on new music in Los Angeles for much of this year.

The singer, who was in Little Mix with Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall and Perrie Edwards, has been working with a host of producers and writers – including Tayla Parx who wrote the band’s smash hit Sweet Melody.

A spokesperson for Polydor said: “Polydor have amicably parted ways with Jesy. We have enjoyed working with her and everyone at the label wishes her nothing but the best for the future.”

Source: The Sun

JESY GIRL :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching: I wonder if she just left Polydor and is still with Republic.

Jesy is currently in LA working on music.

57501121-10790665-image-a-1_165186118174

3 hours ago, rednaldeirf said:

I hope she’s able to release her music. I thought “boyz” was a really fun song and I love her! 

Me too! I wonder if the source means she's going 'independent'? I thinks she may still be with her US label.

She's currently in the US recording music.

Fingers crossed this may end up with music coming quicker if she goes independent.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

I mean....

Support Yes GIF by Tristen J. Winger

The audience was louder than other acts, if you watch actual videos from the audience they were louder.

Imagine repeatedly trolling someone so much with well known mental health issues, embarrassing and pathetic.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Style. said:

It’s for the better. Why wouldn’t they invest in Jesy more? They literally threw out one single, didn’t know how to manage it and were silent for a whole damn year. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Maybe it is a blessing? Polydor is meant to be an awful label, especially how they've treated RAYE and Mabel and many other female artist.

I'm hoping we get something soon.

I'm sure if this is false, Jesy will respond as she'll be pissed. I think she'll confirm either way very soon.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Slayer said:

The audience was louder than other acts, if you watch actual videos from the audience they were louder.

Imagine repeatedly trolling someone so much with well known mental health issues, embarrassing and pathetic.

Repeatedly? This is literally the first time I make a post about this woman. Like, girl please. :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Mxra said:

"A source said: “Jesy decided it was the right time for her to make a clean break."  

Not this after only releasing one single with them. She makes it sound like she's been with them for years. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Exactlfy what i thought. maybe they are just sick of waiting on her to release music. i mean for godsake, its almost 10 months since Boyz was released, WTF is she doing??

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

Exactlfy what i thought. maybe they are just sick of waiting on her to release music. i mean for godsake, its almost 10 months since Boyz was released, WTF is she doing??

Do you really think it was her choice to delay? it's obviously the label. She's recorded SO much. The label chooses when to release, not her.

I guess the label wanted her to go down the pop route and Jesy said no and they mutually decided to part ways.

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Do you really think it was her choice to delay? it's obviously the label. She's recorded SO much. The label chooses when to release, not her.

I guess the label wanted her to go down the pop route and Jesy said no and they mutually decided to part ways.

actually yeh never thought of that. it just doesnt make sense that Boyz was successful and here we are almost 10 months later and still nothing. i thought the record label wouldve wanted another single out soon after Boyz whilst the iron is still hot

• Love 1
Just now, jonloch1 said:

actually yeh never thought of that. it just doesnt make sense that Boyz was successful and here we are almost 10 months later and still nothing. i thought the record label wouldve wanted another single out soon after Boyz whilst the iron is still hot

I know right, it's weird but I think they may have wanted the controversy to quiet down.

She's been teasing a ballad, so I wonder if she'll still go ahead and release that.

I'm very intrigued to see what will happen, I think if she's going independent she'll release soon.

• Like 1

I guess they were expecting a more rushed album, Jesy wants to do it her way, obviously taking time off like she did probably did piss everybody off.

You know team Leigh Anne on Twitter is gonna roast her a new one.

There was a poll, and nobody wants Jesy back in the group, saying a soprano girl group is better. 

So yeah, then watching the reaction from vocal coach, she wasn't a fan saying it's too much sample's for a lead single. She should have done something that well is her own..

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block