I feel like "Oops" has been a lie...

4 hours ago, Puppy said:

At least the common thing is that Max makes her do it many times and demands perfection even Britney said it.

I guess there is a reason he has produced so many hits and we can't deny his talent but man that must be so stifiling to work with especially since britney herself was restricted from her own creative vision most of her career, its understandable why she didn't work with him for ITZ & blackout

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Shadow. said:

I guess there is a reason he has produced so many hits and we can't deny his talent but man that must be so stifiling to work with especially since britney herself was restricted from her own creative vision most of her career, its understandable why she didn't work with him for ITZ & blackout

And somehow they ended up being 2 of the Holy Trinity, whoda thunk it. Getting away from the slave master and genius happens

• Super Mods
On 7/23/2022 at 10:20 PM, Shadow. said:

Yeah I understand why he is talented but yeah…it’s not like it’s all rainbows working with him. I think there is an interview he did that he liked working with Britney as she is young and mold able. 

On 7/19/2022 at 7:31 PM, Puppy said:

This reminds me when Cyndi Lauper said Max Martin would make Britney sing every word so he can splice together a perfect take.

Cyndi Lauper is a lazy, off-pitch singing hag who doesn't know what she is talking about.

Comping together several takes is standard practice and some producers do it more (like Max Martin) and some do it to a lesser extent.

I can guarantee you no one is recording vocals word by word and then splicing it together, as that would sound very disjointed (Like the 'Mannequin' verses where this was done intentionally).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JackSProductions said:

This bit specifically is very important, she was only in Sweden for like a week in November and that’s where a large amount of songs was recorded. That’s basically a song a day.

Strange to now know that the quality of her most iconic album was compromised and rushed.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:31 AM, Sia said:

I'm sure you're listening to something else. You can HEAR the pitch correction and it's most noticeable in that her entire tone changes when the note hits. You can hear the slide where the autotune kicks in. Also, a vocoder doesn't correct pitch, it modulates the voice to give it a synthetic sound. 

The pitch correction doesn't bother me as much as the long notes not even being real. Granted it was late 1999/early 2000 when they produced it, but it clearly was not done smoothly lol.

I can't help but agree with you, in particular it's the chorus B 'send from aboo-o-o-o-o-o-ve'

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 2:53 PM, halfdressed said:

This song is a ******* masterpiece. Objectively lol. It’s so good. If anything these stems make me respect the song even more. I (thought I had) have a keen ear but I have never heard some of these sounds within the master. 

same here, i listened to the stems and was like ooook britney with that control. i think she sounds great

• Love 1
On 7/25/2022 at 12:15 PM, Puppy said:

Yeah I understand why he is talented but yeah…it’s not like it’s all rainbows working with him. I think there is an interview he did that he liked working with Britney as she is young and mold able. 

but lets be honest here, he said many GREAT things about britney. how professional she is, how GOOD she is in the studio, how diligent, how talented, etc. i appreciate people like him that make sure to give britney credit because people tend to **** on her vocal abilities and hes always defended just how good hers are.

Well guys the stems are great but not genuine. What's making me saying that is that I did extract and put various versions of the song on IA platforms and guess what ? There's layers that aren't in the pack.

Some notes that are sounding way produced in the pack that seems way less in IA extracted sounds I have (but that are noisy). So I'm assuming the pack was also "produced". It's not like raw vocals neither genuine stems. But 22 years after we can finally hear some sounds we couldn't till now.

Stems we do not have by examples :

- Piano and harpsichord or organ (yes there is with interesting textures added to the song). The piano is so dramatic and give a darker version of the song.

- Some vocals like at last chorus are well hidden like "did it again from above I'm not that innocent" (sung by background singers).

- Sound that underline the "did it again" in last chorus (that you can hear only when the song is ultra filtered).

- The kind of strings (sort of whistle) we can hear easily in the begining of bye bye bye that is hidden all over oops.

- The oops oops hidden you can hear in the old incomplete acappella version we had to live with all these years.

- The strings that you can hear in the dialog part (that are neither included in the official instrumental version).

And so much more.

What I can say on Britney's vocals in that pack they have been filtered (very well made but not perfect). I can say that the DWAD rock version is having the exact same high note "above" as the studio version and yeah it's not raw but it's not as damaged as in the pack...

Not saying it's not an overproduced song, just saying it's ia filtered pack and not coming from masters.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block