New Filing Today: Lisa Maccarley files amicus brief in support of Britney's objection to payment of legal fees as well as opposition to motion to compel her deposition

3 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Lady may be too invested in this and she comes off a bit looney but she is absolutely right.

The biggest enemy here is the state of California’ Probate Court.  They allowed all of this to happen.. but obviously Rosengart can’t come directly for the court without taking team con down first… eventually TriStar and Jamie will formally excuse themselves by saying they acted under the court’s consent and that’s when things will get even juicier.

i agree. like i said, my issues with lisa are that she continues to advocate for britney to reconcile with the spears, and seems to be using britney's case to further her own agenda and issues with ingham/the probate court. britney's had enough people telling her what to do and using her. it's not the time.

• Like 4

While Jamie and Tri Star absolutely are responsible for their abuse to Britney and they need to be held accountable, I also see her point that they wouldn't have been able to do that had the LA court not allowed them to do so. The LA court system essentially enabled Jamie and Tri Star to abuse Britney.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
55 minutes ago, Lola2790 said:

She's partially right, yes, but I find it odd she always seems to care more about reprimanding Ingham than anyone else. Perhaps she has personal beef with him?

I hope this doesn't impact Rosengart's strategy in any way...

yeah I was agreeing with everything until it was like INGHAM!!  :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Even if they paid attention to her, that only punishes him, when there's more in the bigger picture, like the judge Reva Goetz, and definitely Jamie and Tri Star, as well as the investigators that heard from Britney in later years that she wasn't happy with the conservatorship yet they did nothing.

Like, maybe that's her way to go after the court, but the way it's redacted seems like she's only blaming Ingham and no one else.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, easy said:

seems to be using britney's case to further her own agenda and issues with ingham/the probate court.

The whole reconciliation with her family is none of her business and she should keep her thoughts to herself.

If her agenda/aim is towards ingham and probate court I am intrigued to see how that develops.. I am curious to know if Ingham could have some sort of immunity since he was the court-appointed attorney. I’m sure he will be targeted by team con because for 13 years Ingham consented and gave them the legal permission and that will be their main defense.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lola2790 said:

She's partially right, yes, but I find it odd she always seems to care more about reprimanding Ingham than anyone else. Perhaps she has personal beef with him?

I hope this doesn't impact Rosengart's strategy in any way...

Well he was her counsel & was suppose to protect her rights & he did nothing of the sort.

if he would have done what he was suppose to do none of this mess would be like it is but he wanted that 10k a week 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the way it's redacted seems like she's only blaming Ingham and no one else.

Ingham was the only person that had the legal authority to stop this crime, he was the only person that was supposed to be Team Britney and look after her, but he played along and became complicit because he was getting paid weekly.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Ingham was the only person that had the legal authority to stop this crime, he was the only person that was supposed to be Team Britney and look after her, but he played along and became complicit because he was getting paid weekly.  

and he needs to be held accountable too, but who gave him the authority to do so in the first place? The court. And why did all of this happen to begin with, because Jamie filed that petition, and because the system allows it. Is not like the court was seeing Britney from the distance and decided to intervene and appoint Ingham, or Ingham introduced himself into the situation out of nowhere, and to my knowledge no one from Jamie's party objected to Ingham, but all the opposite, it was exactly the right person they needed for their plans to succeed.

Like, it's ok to point out all the inconsistencies in the case, but if we go to the highest level, in the end it's because of the court and the probate law that all of this was allowed to begin with.

She starts blaming the department then all of sudden puts all the blame on Ingham, as if he was the only rotten person, or as if everything would be different if they appointed a different lawyer, which would still not be ok, because none of that should've proceeded since Jamie's first petition lacking of any valid proof.

• Like 7

NEW📢INSIDER: 'Free Britney' lawyer Lisa MacCarley says psychiatrist whose 'mythological declaration' helped place Britney Spears in a conservatorship in 2008 should be deposed, court documents show

A conservatorship attorney involved with the "Free Britney" movement claimed that the doctor who lawyers allege diagnosed the pop star with dementia in 2008 should testify before Jamie Spears has the opportunity to depose his daughter, according to court documents.

In an amicus brief filed in support of the pop star on Monday, lawyer Lisa MacCarley said that Britney "is the last person on Earth who should be deposed in this case."

"The first person on Earth who should be deposed is Dr. James Edward Spar," MacCarley wrote. "Afterall, it is Dr. Spar's mythological declaration that placed Britney Jean Spears under the control and custody of James P. Spears, over her objections, in the first place."

In the brief, MacCarley pushed back on recent filings from Jamie's legal team asking Britney Spears to be deposed over allegations she's made about her father on Instagram recently – including claims that he forced her to get blood drawn at times and also restricted access to needed pain medication.

Dr. Spar diagnosed that the singer had dementia and did not have the capacity to hire her own lawyer. He has denied ever meeting the pop star. Spar did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.

Attorneys for Britney Spears and Jamie Spears did not immediately return Insider's requests for comment. 

That diagnosis helped paved the way for her father to take the reins as a conservator and for Samuel Ingham to become Britney Spears' court-appointed attorney, marching in lockstep with Jamie, MacFarley said.

"Understand the power dynamics of the Los Angeles County Probate Court and this case resolves itself in Britney's favor: WHO was supposed to protect Britney? WHO agreed to pay Mr. Ingham $10000 a week?" MacFarley wrote. "It is time that we all learned the truth about the judges and lawyers who left Britney, without a lifeline, under the control and custody of a violent male relative who had a long history of abusive and dysfunctional behavior."

MacFarley told Insider over email that "there no basis "in the law" for denying Jamie Spears' counsel the opportunity to depose Britney," and said that Britney's legal team's "myopic focus on Jamie is absurd, if not tragic." 

At a hearing on Wednesday, a judge may rule on matters related to whether Britney Spears needs to pay attorney fees for Ingham and other parties, conservator fees for her father, and whether Jamie Spears will be able to compel his daughter's deposition.

SOURCE: https://www.insider.com/doc-who-said-britney-spears-dementia-should-be-deposed-lawyer-2022-7

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block