10 years ago Lana Del Rey Released ‘Summertime Sadness’

Cqleb

• Content Curators

10 years ago Lana del Rey released Summertime Sadness, the fourth single off her album ‘Born To Die’. In September 2021, the song was ranked #456 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

OMG I love this song!

Sadly I never really heard any other music of hers besides this song.

I cant believe its 10 yrs old, it still sounds fresh

I think if you’re a fan of this song, I think you’ll enjoy her Born To Die and  Lust For Life albums. Ultra violence is a great album but more rock. Her latest two albums has been a let down to me, but she has a lot of work that’s just so passionate and mesmerizing. 

• Super Mods
10 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I think if you’re a fan of this song, I think you’ll enjoy her Born To Die and  Lust For Life albums. Ultra violence is a great album but more rock. Her latest two albums has been a let down to me, but she has a lot of work that’s just so passionate and mesmerizing. 

Oh really?

Do you recommend I listen to those albums?

7 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh really?

Born to Die is perfection! You’ll love that album for sure. And I’d say Lust For Life is the next closest album that sounds like BTD. But really most of her albums are great. I loved Paradise, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon had some good songs but overall I wasn’t super into it. I just think Born was her most mainstream sounding album, but her sound changes between, darker, moody sounds to then Americana to then more rock, to more alternative. But yes I think you should listen to her albums, starting with Born To Die. I also enjoyed her music videos from that era the most. 

• Love 1

Although she is repetitive sometimes, I really appreciate her uniqueness. Why she hasn't been bigger is beyond me.

Taylor Swift seems to be her biggest fan. She is clearly, copying Lana at this point. I listened to that song Carolina and she literally enunciates, sounds and emulates.Lana.

7 hours ago, On_Mah_Raydah said:

Her last good song for me:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I know what you mean. Summertime Sadness marked the end of Born to Die era, for me.

But you must have missed out on "Young and Beautiful" if you think thats her last good song . It has that  Born to Die sound and its probably her most epic song.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, On_Mah_Raydah said:

Her last good song for me:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

The sheer insult to Lana’s artistic growth. Reported and banned.

Sonically, these are all better than Summertime Sadness. Songs like West Coast, God Knows I Tried, Ride and the greatest are some of the greatest songs of all time. Just say you lack taste and prefer a Top 40 hit and go. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Oh really?

Don’t listen to @MikeHunt!!!!! Born To Die Paradise Edition is a great place to start but do NOT listen to Lust For Life. That’s like telling someone who’s trying to get into Britney’s music to listen to Femme Fatale or Britney Jean. 

Her holy trinity is Born To Die Paradise Edition, Ultraviolence and Norman ******* Rockwell. Ultraviolence is a brilliant and emotionally raw album with a lot of classic rock and roll flares. Can’t say enough great things about it. You will surely love it. Whatever you do, don’t start with Lust For Life. Her last 2 albums aren’t anything special either.

• Like 1

One of the best pop songs ever. I will never get over meeting and smoking a cigarette with Lana during “BTD” era. She was the sweetest, most down to earth famous person I’ve ever met. Her music was really therapeutic for me at the time and I am so happy I was able to tell her that in person. 

• Love 3
Just now, bbbsss said:

One of the best pop songs ever. I will never get over meeting and smoking a cigarette with Lana during “BTD” era. She was the sweetest, most down to earth famous person I’ve ever met. Her music was really therapeutic for me at the time and I am so happy I was able to tell her that in person. 

YOU SMOKED A CIGARETTE WITH THEE LANA? OMFG LEGEND TINGZ :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

6 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Don’t listen to @MikeHunt!!!!! Born To Die Paradise Edition is a great place to start but do NOT listen to Lust For Life. That’s like telling someone who’s trying to get into Britney’s music to listen to Femme Fatale or Britney Jean. 

Her holy trinity is Born To Die Paradise Edition, Ultraviolence and Norman ******* Rockwell. Ultraviolence is a brilliant and emotionally raw album with a lot of classic rock and roll flares. Can’t say enough great things about it. You will surely love it. Whatever you do, don’t start with Lust For Life. Her last 2 albums aren’t anything special either.

She has only liked Summertime Saddness, Lana’s most commercial sounding single. Why would I recommend Ultraviolence and NFR? Those are completely very different sounds. Yes I, as a long time Lana fan, agree with your holy trinity statement. If you kept reading, I did mention that she should check out those two albums but start with those two because they’re more radio friendly pop, since that’s what she’s liked. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

a decent gateway song into lana’s world but her best albums are ultraviolence and honeymoon. both records contain a clear and distinct direction, beautiful visuals, unique vocals & lyricism, and are both sonically interesting (especially compared to the piano wannabe vagabond beatnik poet borefests she releases now). 

majority of the born to die album & paradise ep are too tryhard, though both still feature some of her best songs.  

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

You told me you were going to start listening to her albums back in January of this year. What happened!? :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

I've just been busy with school but now that im on vacation,

I have the time to listen.

It wasnt on purpose.

Im gonna listen to her songs today when I go out.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block