VIDEO: Unseen footage of Britney singing at a kindergarten graduation (1991)

12 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I meant every word of what i said. Britney is not a “good” singer by definition. She has a unique voice and can carry a tune. She would’ve never made it on vocals alone. This video shows nothing, other than a lot of discipline and hard work at a very young age.  Her voice as a kid was very grown up. Britney would’ve never even had been signed to jive had it not been for some creepy men enjoying the way she rolled her eyes to the back of her head when she sang. She was signed on a conditional contract. She worked hard, and was able to really work with her voice and give it that unique Britney sound we love. Britney Spears is an entertainer the same way Janet Jackson is. Mariah and Christina are vocalists. There’s no shade here. Britney is talented and one of a kind. 

She already made it on her voice alone when she made that’s why her workshopped debut single wasn’t a hit until she made it one. If Britney wasn’t a good recording artist how could she take a song passed around to the likes of Toni Braxton and TLC and make it such a smash? She was not widely known as an entertainer before she released her debut single as a singer, she became known as a recording artist. 

I don’t even know why you would feel the need to box influential musicians like Janet and Britney into singers vs entertainers in the first place? Janet writes and produces almost all of her music but because she doesn’t have an eight octave vocal range and also because she’s a legendary live performer she’s an entertainer first, musician last. Like is that what you’re saying please make it make sense gurl :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

5 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I meant every word of what i said. Britney is not a “good” singer by definition. She has a unique voice and can carry a tune. She would’ve never made it on vocals alone. This video shows nothing, other than a lot of discipline and hard work at a very young age.  Her voice as a kid was very grown up. Britney would’ve never even had been signed to jive had it not been for some creepy men enjoying the way she rolled her eyes to the back of her head when she sang. She was signed on a conditional contract. She worked hard, and was able to really work with her voice and give it that unique Britney sound we love. Britney Spears is an entertainer the same way Janet Jackson is. Mariah and Christina are vocalists. There’s no shade here. Britney is talented and one of a kind. 

This.  So much this:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1

Britney was signed because she was on the Mickey Mouse club. 

most solo pop stars have come from Disney or Nickelodeon … it is still a trend today .. Olivia, Ariana, Selena, Demi ….

they literally train them as kids to turn into pop stars and filter out those who they don’t think they control or don’t have enough drive 

On 5/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, EmmaJG said:

It’s so sad what happened to her voice. So much wasted potential. I hate her record label for stripping her natural singing voice from her.

I think people exaggerate the difference between her "natural" voice and her "baby" voice. Listening to this video you can really hear the similarities between baby Britney and the way she has sung since her debut; the same inflections, belt. When you sing pop songs its harder to sing in a chesty deep rounded sound. Even vocalists like Ariana sing in a more nasally, bright tone when performing pop. Although she was "trained" to sing with a more nasally sound, Britney's naturally voice is already pretty nasally and unique that there's a difference but not a huge one. 

Also if you listen to singing videos she posted on instagram around 2018 her voice is very much still there. 

5 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

most solo pop stars have come from Disney or Nickelodeon … it is still a trend today .. Olivia, Ariana, Selena, Demi ….

they literally train them as kids to turn into pop stars and filter out those who they don’t think they control or don’t have enough drive 

Although I'm sure the experience helped her skill-wise I doubt MMC had a large role in her getting signed. Christina, Britney, and Justin were not marketed like Selena, Demi, Miley, or the rest were. MMC was an ensemble cast where most of its members didn't become household names until a couple years after. There was a good 2-3 years of Britney basically doing nothing professionally and being a normal teen before signing with JIVE after MMC was canceled. Christina also went through a period of not working before getting the Mulan soundtrack.

5 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

Britney literally went back to high school after Mickey Mouse Club ended, graduated, and then went out and got signed because she was always destined to be a star. She didn’t get some lucky break. 

I swear some people just cannot DEAL with the LEGEND of Britney Spears ! They have to make up all kinds of narratives “oh she only got signed because some creeps liked the way she sang” “oh she only got signed cuz of Disney mouse” like ok so why are Christina and Justin not as iconic or successful??? Why did they not have Britney’s impact???! 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BritneyGXKB said:

I swear some people just cannot DEAL with the LEGEND of Britney Spears ! They have to make up all kinds of narratives “oh she only got signed because some creeps liked the way she sang” “oh she only got signed cuz of Disney mouse” like ok so why are Christina and Justin not as iconic or successful??? Why did they not have Britney’s impact???! 

Britney’s voice is mediocre.  Several record labels passed on her, and Jive executives admitted that they weren’t impressed by her audition and that she sounded terrible is some parts.  

Our fave is talented but she’s not a vocalist.  This shouldn’t even be up for discussion as Britney admitted her voice is just ok and would have loved to have a voice like Christina:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, mythology said:

Britney’s voice is mediocre.  Several record labels passed on her, and Jive executives admitted that they weren’t impressed by her audition and that she sounded terrible is some parts.  

Our fave is talented but she’s not a vocalist.  This shouldn’t even be up for discussion as Britney admitted her voice is just ok and would have loved to have a voice like Christina:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

some of the best and biggest voices of all time were passed on by several labels before their breakthrough. 

also you’re using her own words and humility against her? If only xtina didn’t think she was the greatest vocalist of all time, then maybe she’d be a good singer.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

Why she was signed vs why she was iconic are two different things. 

being on Disney as a child was really her break, it proved her work ethic and opened the doors for her to connect with the industry … regardless if she went home for a few years after it 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

Britney literally went back to high school after Mickey Mouse Club ended, graduated, and then went out and got signed because she was always destined to be a star. She didn’t get some lucky break. 

Having a big show as the Mickey Mouse Club on your resume was her break regardless if she spent a few years after at home … which is why she auditioned for it twice ..

also it’s not like that’s a small thing, being selected amongst hundreds of children and leaving home and working hard as a kid shows such rigor and discipline .. there’s no doubt execs saw that she has what it takes and the drive based on her success on MMC

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BritneyGXKB said:

some of the best and biggest voices of all time were passed on by several labels before their breakthrough. 

also you’re using her own words and humility against her? If only xtina didn’t think she was the greatest vocalist of all time, then maybe she’d be a good singer.

Christina isn’t a good singer, she’s a great one.  She was also labelled as the Voice of the Generation by the general public at one point during her career.

Britney is a mediocre singer at best. In contrast to Xtina, the general public thinks Britney can’t sing.  I wonder why?:riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

35 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Having a big show as the Mickey Mouse Club on your resume was her break regardless if she spent a few years after at home … which is why she auditioned for it twice ..

also it’s not like that’s a small thing, being selected amongst hundreds of children and leaving home and working hard as a kid shows such rigor and discipline .. there’s no doubt execs saw that she has what it takes and the drive based on her success on MMC

How was it her big break if nobody knew about it? She sang on Mickey Mouse too.

14 minutes ago, mythology said:

Christina isn’t a good singer, she’s a great one.  She was also labelled as the Voice of the Generation by the general public at one point during her career.

Britney is a mediocre singer at best. In contrast to Xtina, the general public thinks Britney can’t sing.  I wonder why?:riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

Girl xtina cannot sing a SONG. She is not a great singer and in fact a great many people cite her as having the most annoying voice of a generation. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block