Britney parody makes a comeback on SNL for Easter

13 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

You can think PC culture for that. SNL still has its moments however but nothing will top the show’s cast from the late 2000s and early 2010s.

yep cancel culture pretty much cancelled anything funny on snl. They haven't been funny since 2010 honestly. this whole episode was so cringe

• Like 1
Just now, queenofhearts said:

yep cancel culture pretty much cancelled anything funny on snl. They haven't been funny since 2010 honestly. this whole episode was so cringe

Yeah, the newer ones are a hit and miss. Have you seen the recent Kim Kardashian one? I must say that episode was actually really well-written and most of the sketches were quite funny.

SNL is meh. 
But, most of you all are wound too tight.  
“I’m so gay and so PC nothing is funny” (then posts ratchet aß memes or gifs and say “no offense”). 
“SNL is bad because of cancel culture! Let’s cancel SNL!”

You all are cancel culture and your responses to everything help proliferate it. The best jokes are the ones on you that you can laugh yourself. 

Here’s an article to help you all LEARN TO LAUGH

…and now go listen to Britney and untangle your jockstraps.

I Love You Reaction GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
Britney Spears GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards<<< (You all scattering to your lil’ keyboards.)

On 4/17/2022 at 12:45 PM, ConceptD said:

As someone who’s not from America, whenever I see clips of this show it baffles me how it’s so huge. It’s not funny at all. 

We don’t think it’s funny either. It used to be in the 90s and early 2000s tho.
I’m actually surprised it still airs. 

• Love 1

This was a pretty tame/non-offensive skit of Brit. I mean, it’s SNL — they make  fun of people. And come on Britney’s love of twirling is a little funny 😆

If Britney is stable enough to get married and have a baby and drive and travel the world and write a memoir— then I think SNL is presuming she can handle Chloe impersonating her twirling videos

Dress Twirl GIF

I'm not a die-hard fan of SNL, but I do enjoy some of their sketches, I think you just have to have a fond for this kind of absurd comedy. And most of the times the funniest part is just seeing the actors or the guests breaking character, rather than the actual dialogs. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Actually lately I've been binge watching many of their clips on their youtube channel, I don't know from which years they are, because most  of them were uploaded in 2013 but I know they're older, and they're really good, especially anything that has Kristen Wiig, Kenan, Cecily Strong, Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, among others. For example, I don't like Pete Davidson, I've never found anything he does funny, but he's like the exception among most of the cast.

I don't think Chloe nails Britney, but at least it's not offensive. I mean, they've could've mocked Britney so many times in the past, FFney, XFactorney, the early POM shows, etc but they didn't, and the fact that they're incorporating Britney Spears on their sketches today, after three years of hiatus, after not having a hit for more than 5 years,  tells us how relevant she really is. I mean, she's up there with the most talked about characters of recent times they're also parodying like Elon Musk or Trump or whatever. Not even Madonna or Beyoncé, or none of the current artists get parodied. Like, literally Britney with her Instagram posts of the past few years is far more interesting and relevant than anything other musician has done in the last 2 or 3 years. At least that's how I see it :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Ohh already back to mocking her, are we ?

I saw an article today in Belgian media asking "Is Britney really okay ? We're letting a psychiatrist analyse her instagram" and literally had flashbacks to 2007 when every Quack that wanted some airtime started analysing her.

The media will never learn. They did the "we"re sorry Britney" hashtag for a few days and now they start all over again.

She's the victim of abuse. Stop bullying her *********.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block