Disney says that its future characters will be 50% LGBTQ+ or minorities

3 hours ago, Chadney said:

Wow. I didn’t know that there so many homophobes who frequent this site. Its sad that  inclusion still gets people so angry. 

2 hours ago, justin4britney said:

Yikes. This site has slowly become full of Tr*mp Qanon conspiracy theorists. 

Oh well. 

This happened such a long time ago, I'm just kinda shocked that some users still get shocked. Exhale has been like 50% bigotry for a hot minute sis. That's OUR diversity 🥰

This thread is a kiiiiii!!! As is this “don’t say gay” initiative or whatever. Now when the unalive rates go up, I don’t wanna hear anything about “representation” or “support”. Kids KNOW! How can we give their “undeveloped brains” SOOOOOO much credit for everything except knowing what they are attracted to. I knew when I was 5 or 6 🤷🏽‍♂️ I didn’t know what “gay” was but I knew that I liked guys and guys LOVE me

• Like 2

The LGBT+ community only accounts for like 10% of the population though. So why do half of the future Disney characters have to be LGBT+? Same with minorities. How is that accurate representation?

Also I find it hilarious that Disney is acting like they care about the LGBT community even though they willingly censor LGBT content in their movies when they export them to China or the Middle East. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 5/4/2022 at 1:46 AM, bitbitboi said:

Children's brains are not fully developed yet, this should be a conversation for later on in their lives, and when THEY ask about it. We should teach them about love, respect, and other values, but ***uality? That's pushing it. Also, Disney is and should be an entertainment company, not an educational one. They are stepping out of their line.

***uality is all around you since you were born, starting with gender reveal parties and adults asking kids "if they have a girlfriend" when they're just 4, or 5. Not teaching them early facilitates bullying of kids that are different.

I can't believe I'm having this conversation IN THIS FORUM, in 2022

7 hours ago, Stefani said:

The LGBT+ community only accounts for like 10% of the population though. So why do half of the future Disney characters have to be LGBT+? Same with minorities. How is that accurate representation?

Also I find it hilarious that Disney is acting like they care about the LGBT community even though they willingly censor LGBT content in their movies when they export them to China or the Middle East. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I guess you didn't read 50% LGBTQ+ or minorities :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Also, 1 in 6 of Gen Z identifies as LGBTQ+

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block