Disney says that its future characters will be 50% LGBTQ+ or minorities

4 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Let's make this a fun math question.

Between you and Stefani, it's been said that 60% of America is white and that 10% of the population is out gay. If you add 40% nonwhite population + 10% out LGBTQ, what number do you get?

LOL. Still unrealistic. That 10% LGBT is spreading among the 60% white and the 40% non Caucasian.

52 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

***uality is all around you since you were born, starting with gender reveal parties and adults asking kids "if they have a girlfriend" when they're just 4, or 5. Not teaching them early facilitates bullying of kids that are different.

I can't believe I'm having this conversation IN THIS FORUM, in 2022

Well then those are stupid parties and stupid questions that need to be discussed among adults not children and definitely not while watching a Disney movie. One thing doesn't necessarily validate another. And don't be condescending to me, I'm not dumb nor a prude, I just shared another point of view of the same topic, which is valid and also part of a broader conversation, sometimes things are not only black or white.

Just now, bitbitboi said:

Well then those are stupid parties and stupid questions that need to be discussed among adults not children and definitely not while watching a Disney movie. One thing doesn't necessarily validate another. And don't be condescending to me, I'm not dumb nor a prude, I just shared another point of view of the same topic, which is valid and also part of a broader conversation, sometimes things are not only black or white.

Do you have to explain straight people to children after watching other disney movies? 

• Like 1

If Disney loses the special government..

I would hate to be the state of Florida, a Million dollars a year in additional teXes..

Disney was helping Florida payimg their own police, all that..

Disney paid for, once gone its to the people..

And they have to pay also 3 billion in debt..

All because Ron was pissed..trust me Ron will get the evictions notice, Florida is pissed realizing they have to foot the bill to keep Disney world functioning and maintained..

11 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Do you have to explain straight people to children after watching other disney movies? 

Stupid Disney movies that bring up that subject in the first place then, which is again my point. And if kids ask questions, then parents and family are the ones to answer, not Disney. And then you answer, and that's it. But romantic relationships shouldn't be promoted at that time; instead, we should be talking about family and friendships (with that, you already have literally years of teaching and learning), and also about us as individuals and our rights and responsibilities, and how to take care of our bodies, and physical boundaries with one another, etc. NOT romantic relationships. Period. I'm out.

2 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Stupid Disney movies that bring up that subject in the first place then, which is again my point. And if kids ask questions, then parents and family are the ones to answer, not Disney. And then you answer, and that's it. But romantic relationships shouldn't be promoted at that time; instead, we should be talking about family and friendships (with that, you already have literally years of teaching and learning), and also about us as individuals and our rights and responsibilities, and how to take care of our bodies, and physical boundaries with one another, etc. NOT romantic relationships. Period. I'm out.

Ohhhh I get it, it's not about portraying gays, but that romance in general shouldn't be in movies for kids.

Which means you have problems with Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Cinderella, Snow White, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, The Parent Trap, High School Musical, The Princess Diaries, Pocahontas, The Lion King, The Princess and the Frog, Tarzan.

I'm sure that's what you're talking about, right? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Ohhhh I get it, it's not about portraying gays, but that romance in general shouldn't be in movies for kids.

Which means you have problems with Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Cinderella, Snow White, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, The Parent Trap, High School Musical, The Princess Diaries, Pocahontas, The Lion King, The Princess and the Frog, Tarzan.

I'm sure that's what you're talking about, right? 

Exactly.

PS: Shouldn't High School Musical be for teenagers?!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Your comment was about education, not Disney Movies.

I could not care less about Disney Movies

9 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

LOL. Still unrealistic. That 10% LGBT is spreading among the 60% white and the 40% non Caucasian.

According to UCLA, about 60% of the LGBTQ community is white. So, ok 46% of the population is either gay or nonwhite in the US. 

How dare Disney be so inaccurate by rounding up 4% :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

I'm sure if they make only 46% of their characters nonwhite + LGBTQ, that will stop your complaints. 

• Love 1
On 5/3/2022 at 11:31 AM, Whyshouldibsad21 said:

As someone who grew up with hetero everything shoved down my throat, I find this hypocrisy hilarious. :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:  I remember watching Disney cartoons where the couple would kiss. Now people are mad that gay relationships are going to be included and talked about? The "don’t say gay" bill is just ridiculous. Good for Disney, stay pressed. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

They don’t view gay relationships the same, so they don’t see it this way. I agree with you though. It’s ridiculous. This all goes back to education. Gay people / relationships are and have always been a part of humanity (and most other species). They don’t realize they’re indoctrinated.

Lgbtq suicide, bullying, abuse has almost been an obvious part of our lives due to being born different. And this bill will ban any idea that lgbtq people are normal human beings who apart of society. It is vaguely written to scare any discussions at all.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Yeah ok but 50%????

Yes. Are you telling me that five out of every ten people aren't people of colour, LGBTQI, or other minorities rather than all white Americans. Its not an outrageous statement. If a film has 10 characters, 5 could be a family, one might be black, one might be gay, one might be of Asian descent, one might be an immigrant,  and one might have a disability and this all a very vague breakdown because of overlap (a black, gay woman, or a Hispanic Boy with a disability).

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Yes. Are you telling me that five out of every ten people aren't people of colour, LGBTQI, or other minorities rather than all white Americans. Its not an outrageous statement. If a film has 10 characters, 5 could be a family, one might be black, one might be gay, one might be of Asian descent, one might be an immigrant,  and one might have a disability and this all a very vague breakdown because of overlap (a black, gay woman, or a Hispanic Boy with a disability).

Everyone in America is immigrant except the indigenous. Brazil has more than 50% black or biracial and we don’t force this narrative. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 5/3/2022 at 10:46 AM, bitbitboi said:

Children's brains are not fully developed yet, this should be a conversation for later on in their lives, and when THEY ask about it. We should teach them about love, respect, and other values, but ***uality? That's pushing it. Also, Disney is and should be an entertainment company, not an educational one. They are stepping out of their line.

Okay, what if you see a gay couple holding hands and kissing in public? Are you supposed to keep blinders on children until they are teenagers? What do you tell the kid if they ask? Also, why are we treating this as if the teachers are popping on gay **** vids off ****hub when discussing ***uality?

Some kids will have friends or classmates who have two mothers or fathers. That's just reality. Treating LGBT couples as regular people and explaining to kids some have two moms or two dads isn't going to ruin the fabric of society. You explain that to a kid and then they'll just smile, nod, and go on and keep playing or doing their thing. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

Okay, what if you see a gay couple holding hands and kissing in public? Are you supposed to keep blinders on children until they are teenagers? What do you tell the kid if they ask? Also, why are we treating this as if the teachers are popping on gay **** vids off ****hub when discussing ***uality?

Some kids will have friends or classmates who have two mothers or fathers. That's just reality. Treating LGBT couples as regular people and explaining to kids some have two moms or two dads isn't going to ruin the fabric of society. You explain that to a kid and then they'll just smile, nod, and go on and keep playing or doing their thing. 

...are you guys even reading what I say, or do you just take my post as an example of whatever voice you want to fight against?
For the last time, I don't think it's Disney's prerogative to teach this stuff to children, it's their family's. So if they ask, I answer. Disney doesn't have to. BYE.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block