Camila Cabello's new album 'Familia' to debut in the top 15 with 25k sales

1 hour ago, Korb said:

She's fallen hard . Her promo efforts have been...non existant.

I just don't think Camila wants to be a popstar. I do think she has the makings of one, though, contrary to what some of yall say

She’s literally been everywhere this week, Fallon, The Today Show, SNL, Kelly Clarkson?

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Rik said:

Plz omg

the only song I like is that one from 5 years ago 

it’s u babe and I’ll never ever ever ever be the same 

Her entire first album is a bop! Like i seriously recommend that, she has some dance and mid tempo ballads. Its pretty good :D If you can find it online give it a listen

I started to like her as a person based on her interviews in couple of months but unfortunately her voice got even more annoying, before it was a damn nasal mess but now its raspy nasal mess and honestly even "Dont Go Yet" is fantastic, I couldn't listen her album in full cause it hurts my ears

Not Listening Season 5 GIF by Friends

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Normani should hire max Martin or bloodshy and avant and create a bop. I don’t get the trend of create basic simple music 

we want a true bop :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Big producer cost bi money, and companies wont invest if they dont know if they get money back especially into artist who have no history of hits

I never comment here. But I'll make an exception this time cause her album is out of this world 🔥 and it most likely won't get the recognition it deserves. 

She can't come across likeable mostly due to the tumblr scandal. It's a shame really: I know hundreds of lgbtq people who had explicitly homophobic views in their teens and they were pretty outspoken about them. Some of them are activists today. Hell, I abandoned almost all of my beliefs from that period of my life. That's because you CAN'T form opinions at that age, you simply internalize and reflect the values of your environment. What she did was extremely disturbing even for a teenager. But people grow. Only if you let them. 

But from I've gathered from spending time with American collegaues and friends and from many visits to the US over the years, most American ppl spend their lives without even attempting to question the status quote. It's all about "making it" within the boundaries. For instance looking from here, the lack of social net is turly shocking (no public health care, no public benefits, no paid parental leave, homeless people all over major cities) yet majority of the people seem to think the US is the best place to live in. People marrying their high school sweethearts, ppl dying without even seeing another state let alone a country, ppl being ok with not having more than 2 weeks of vacation once a year, the list goes on. 

Exactly how does this relate to Camila? Simple: the same mindset applies to her public image now. Once she's become the disgraced racist pop girl, it'll be extremely difficult for people to perceive her objectively. Her being a cisgender female makes it all worse. Because somehow American society can be surprisingly forgiving when it comes to men (2004 nipplegate with JT) yet very harsh and  strict when it comes to women.

Familia happened to come out at the time I am going through a big transition so already earned a special place in my heart. It easily matches Future Nostalgia in lyrical and production quality. It literally does not sound anything else on the market. But it'll be wasted due to everything I mentioned above. This is despite her insanely verstaile vocals and the great art direction work that obviously goes into her each MV and performance.

It really is a shame.. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, olly said:

I never comment here. But I'll make an exception this time cause her album is out of this world 🔥 and it most likely won't get the recognition it deserves. 

She can't come across likeable mostly due to the tumblr scandal. It's a shame really: I know hundreds of lgbtq people who had explicitly homophobic views in their teens and they were pretty outspoken about them. Some of them are activists today. Hell, I abandoned almost all of my beliefs from that period of my life. That's because you CAN'T form opinions at that age, you simply internalize and reflect the values of your environment. What she did was extremely disturbing even for a teenager. But people grow. Only if you let them. 

But from I've gathered from spending time with American collegaues and friends and from many visits to the US over the years, most American ppl spend their lives without even attempting to question the status quote. It's all about "making it" within the boundaries. For instance looking from here, the lack of social net is turly shocking (no public health care, no public benefits, no paid parental leave, homeless people all over major cities) yet majority of the people seem to think the US is the best place to live in. People marrying their high school sweethearts, ppl dying without even seeing another state let alone a country, ppl being ok with not having more than 2 weeks of vacation once a year, the list goes on. 

Exactly how does this relate to Camila? Simple: the same mindset applies to her public image now. Once she's become the disgraced racist pop girl, it'll be extremely difficult for people to perceive her objectively. Her being a cisgender female makes it all worse. Because somehow American society can be surprisingly forgiving when it comes to men (2004 nipplegate with JT) yet very harsh and  strict when it comes to women.

Familia happened to come out at the time I am going through a big transition so already earned a special place in my heart. It easily matches Future Nostalgia in lyrical and production quality. It literally does not sound anything else on the market. But it'll be wasted due to everything I mentioned above. This is despite her insanely verstaile vocals and the great art direction work that obviously goes into her each MV and performance.

It really is a shame.. 

I promise this isn’t my second account 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, olly said:

Nice to know there r ppl who understand. 

I couldn’t love Camila more even if I tried! 

I can’t even say what it was that attracted me to her in the first place, but there’s just something about her that I’ve always related to.

I’m not tone death, I completely see why the GP don’t like her and even though I’m shocked at just how low the sales for Familia are, I’m not shocked that they are lower than her previous efforts.

I can only speak from a die hard fans perspective and I absolutely LOVE this album. 

I made a thread a while ago saying “we need to stop hating on Camila Cabello” and it basically echoed your original post, people are quick to judge someone for their mistakes yet these people can’t practice forgiveness, even when the person tired to correct their mistakes. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block