Camila Cabello's new album 'Familia' to debut in the top 15 with 25k sales

2 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

Again, how is she anywhere near over? She's the 25th most streamed artists on Spotify on the planet, and that's only 1 streaming service. Far from a flop, or over. 

Worldwide she’s not over, Familia is still #1 (although im not sure how relevant Apple Music is) on WW Apple Charts. It had gone #1 in 29 countries on iTunes. Bam Bam is still rising in charts worldwide.

Maybe, just maybe she is solely a singles artist ( I’m not tone death to the fact Ed Sheeran has played a big part)

Echoing from my previous posts, again, I’m not tone death to how how she isn’t selling as well as what I was expecting in America, but worldwide so far she seems to be selling well and Bam Bam seems to be a slow burner.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, IForgotYouExisted said:

Tbh... Camilla is soooo being pushed down people's throats ever since 5th Harmony and I guess people are tired of it. 

Also, musically, she didn't evolve much. I get that she's a Latina but this album is basically "Havana" all over again. She should explore more.

Her music is meh. 

In her defense when she tried to do something different with the first two songs from her last album they flopped. She thinks the public wants to hear Latin music so that’s what she gives. Also Camila was never solo star material and that’s the problem with a lot of singers who think they can go solo especially when they’re not the lead vocalist.

57 minutes ago, Mexwero said:

The singles were a serve! Don’t go yet and Bam Bam are still on replay for me. But after listening to the album, those were the only songs I liked hahahaha Ok…that song with Maria Becerra was a slight serve as well. 

Yes hasta los dientes is so good and Celia 

• Like 3

Can we please stop looking at numbers and pay attention to words and stories, and how they impact (or not) on people? We're pop music fans, we should know better by now.

So if 25k is not enough for you, what is it? And in what context have you seen that happen? Right away, I can think of Ariana's peak... In those scenarios, her music and videos were always, ALWAYS, accompanied by an underlying story. It's not always clear but it's definitely shared by the audience, and many times unconscious, but it's always there: It can be a love story between two famous people, a personal struggle, or a story of survival, or whatever. Ariana was going through A LOT in that time, and she was constantly on the news. What's with Camila nowadays? Who is she, and how is she important to the public right now? I don't think there's anything particular around her that interests people... She just broke up with Shawn, but she's not singing about the breakup, she's not making a big deal out of it. "Bam Bam" kind of taps on that, but she's not being genuine about it either; instead, she's playing a silly character around that topic, and that's a problem with her: I think she's too exaggerated and comical all the time, so mature people cannot relate to it, only kids. For example, Shawn and her are not fighting or being petty about the breakup, like Taylor was with Katy and their friendship in "Bad Blood" back then. That's obviously the opposite of being mature, but come on, it's very relatable... So with Camila now there's no real story line. She's just another kind of talented woman out there, doing her thing, and not releasing outstanding songs either, so there isn't much to offer to catch people's attention. But that doesn't mean she's awful or lazy or uncommitted to her craft, she's just not extraordinary or of main interest to the GP right now. I like "Bam Bam" and "psychofreak" though, they just seem random and too different from each other, so there's no clear point of view either. Again, WHAT DOES SHE WANT TO SAY? Britney mostly sings about love and s e x but at least she's consistent and keeps finding ways to catch people's attention in doing that if you're into it. However, when you're all over the place and never really nail any of it... What's left to offer? Also, demand and offer... Don't do what has already been done a thousand times.
Billie? She's so young and emo and talented and mature and obscure and writes her own lyrics and does her own thing, so she's thriving on that. Doja Cat? She's ridiculous and freaky and incredibly beautiful and talented. Megan? She's all out there and secsy but also cute and fun and has no real competition at the moment. On the other hand, Tinashe: She's gorgeous and super talented but who is she? What does she like, what does she hate? No one knows. The same happens with Ciara. And so on...
This post is all over the place but I had to get it out of my chest because I see many threads and posts being disappointed for the latest chart or sales performance of many artists but the reasoning is always the same: they are either magically amazing, or they absolutely suck, and I think it's a little more complex than that.

• Love 1

Cuban here too and I actually agree that the album is good. Songs like Celia appeal to me specifically but she has solid music on this album. And I’m a harsh critic of any and all of these pop girls.
Buena Vida grows on you. Bam Bam and Don’t Go are solid hits. Quiet sounds like something Taylor would release. 

• Love 2
On 4/13/2022 at 3:33 PM, 76th Rockafella Xmas said:

I'm not saying I'm a Camila stan, but I'll never fully write her off either...solely because this performance is so good (except for DaBaby's involvement perhaps...) 

Maybe she'll pull off some live performances for Familia that are at the calibre of this My Oh My performance :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

This song and Havana are the only good songs she has, I also love this performance and dababy is hotttt:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block