Britney vs Myah Vocals On “Circus” 🎪

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Britney sings one line in the circus chorus… One line 

I take it more stylistic choice? 🤷🏻‍♂️ The BGV in this song are more for effect. I don’t take this song as a deceptive type of thing like people do for Britney Jean. We still very much can hear Britney in this song.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, studlygeorge said:

I take it more stylistic choice? 🤷🏻‍♂️ The BGV in this song are more for effect. I don’t take this song as a deceptive type of thing like people do for Britney Jean. We still very much can hear Britney in this song.

I agree and it’s mixed correctly that it’s almost impossible to tell if we didn’t have stems it would probably not even be known 

• Like 2

This video doesn’t showcase the male BGV that are also VERY prevalent throughout this song. I don’t know why fans always exclude stuff like this. Y’all are OBSESSED with Myah. This energy isn’t directed towards that Nana girl who was all over Britney’s early records, why is that? Songs feature BGV that echo the main vocalists voice. Why are we the only fanbase that is obsessed with this? 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Because not everyone knows this I’ve always heard like 3 voices during circus Britney, myah, and some guy in the background but I never see threads on this topic

Its Danja...itll always be danja if u hear his demos and i love it!!! Even if he didnt produce it its danjas voice and u cant tell me otherwise! 

1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

This video doesn’t showcase the make BGV that are also VERY prevalent throughout this song. I don’t know why fans always exclude stuff like this. Y’all are OBSESSED with Myah. This energy isn’t directed towards that Nana girl who was all over Britney’s early records, why is that? Songs feature BGV that echo the main vocalists voice. Why are we the only fanbase that is obsessed with this? 

Nana who?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

Ever since the conservatorship Britney's vocals have been more and more layered... It's sad I know... But hopefully I'd she ever does more music we get more authentic vocals.

Listening again years later her vocals on her songs rapidly deteriorated post-Blackout. ITZ was her vocal peak, if not for belts then surely for melismas. She has never sounded more authentic.

FF was the point for me was a vocal disaster and BJ was even worse. Glory was definitely better, but far from Circus. Circus actually served more ITZ vocals than Blackout but Hot As Ice and Why Should I Be Sad are simply career vocal highlights and there’s much less of that energy on Circus forward. I do like her voice in Private Show tho. :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Nana Hedin

It’s not Danja. I believe it’s Claude Kelly

I was just thinking we don’t talk enough about some of the background vocalists on Britney’s songs who AREN’T Myah. 

Nana, Nikki, Jeanette, Penelope, Emma, Candice, Windy, probably others that I’m forgetting. They were always creating the most perfect harmonious hooks. 

Interestingly, I just looked through all of her album credits and the last time she worked with any of her old background vocalists from BOMT to Circus was Nicole Morier on Femme Fatale. Femme Fatale forward everyone else was totally new. The background vocalists carried most of those albums but I don’t know if Britney ever even really got a say in who they were? It definitely doesn’t sound like she ultimately connected with them as well but maybe that is just another complication of various outside factors that I am overanalyzing. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block