Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa's 'Sweetest Pie' music video out now!

Slayer

I don't understand how anyone thought this song was SINGLE MATERIAL. The song is bad, weak to say the least... Generic, basic, already done and heard before, and the lyrics are so bland. I truly wonder what their intent was with this, but obviously it wasn't to slay the dance floor, so what else? It's obviously not a romantic ballad either.

I also hate this new streaming culture, because it's making artists release stand-alone singles that have no connection to anything, and now it's clearly just a way of testing the waters to see what sticks and what doesn't, but in the meantime they are putting out there trash, and making the fan base invest time and energy on things that are not worth it. Before, a new single was a freaking EVENT, and most of the times the wait was more than worth it.

This is an album filler song with a million dollar video. I'm baffled.

• Love 3
  • Like 6

Production and visuals are A+ But agree with the others, we’ve seen this type of video done over and over. 

The song while catchy, is too repetitive. I don’t see any chemistry between these two, I needed more. Also would have been nice to see a dance break with both of them and not just Megan. 

14 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

What are you talking about... Nicki stabs with every word and I love that but not every rapper has to be the same; Megan has a different vibe but she definitely has bars.

The fact that I love me Megan and I follow her on socials, but sneaky DISSIN’ her now… it shows that I need D ICK :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: I’m drained lemme go call some buddies to make me their pie :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, SJK said:

Production and visuals are A+ But agree with the others, we’ve seen this type of video done over and over. 

The song while catchy, is too repetitive. I don’t see any chemistry between these two, I needed more. Also would have been nice to see a dance break with both of them and not just Megan. 

They posted rehearsal footage of both of them learning choreography so I don't know why it isn't in the video.  Its weird Dua just walks everywhere and Megan has like 4 dance breaks.    I love Dua but she is so outshined in this video.  Megan is so electric it's hard to keep up with her.  

But agreed...the song is meh and the video is very been here/done that.  Not my fav

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block