Adele reportedly walks away from $150 million Las Vegas residency

Body ache

4 hours ago, Prachi said:

That's odd, Adele could be sued for this is it confirmed news by all means? Let's hold our judgements till then! 

apparently if her team says she's taking care of her ill father she can walk out of the residency without any lawsuits :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

I still don't understand how they managed to get away with it when Domination got cancelled, because at first it was "postponed" as Cappy87 reminded us daily back in the day, but eventually at some point it was finally cancelled, I don't know how there weren't any lawsuits.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

This is exactly where my mind went reading this post...Domination that’s a huge mystery 

I hope the business manager really had that sorted out, because if now it's known that the father wasn't ill, or even if he was, the reason the residency was cancelled wasn't that, they could try to sue her or try to convince her to perform again, if they were really evil people. But it's also been so long, that I don't know if it would even apply at this point. Also if the contract involves the conservatorship maybe it shouldn't be valid, or it would be the father the one that should be sued, but who knows.

There's also the fact of whether or not they were gonna profit off of it, because people still claim the sales were low. And Britney was set to become the highest paid performer in Vegas, so maybe it wasn't even profitable for the hotel to pay her that much if they weren't selling enough tickets, so they rather just leave things as they are.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

apparently if her team says she's taking care of her ill father she can walk out of the residency without any lawsuits :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

I still don't understand how they managed to get away with it when Domination got cancelled, because at first it was "postponed" as Cappy87 reminded us daily back in the day, but eventually at some point it was finally cancelled, I don't know how there weren't any lawsuits.

Maybe there's a sick clause added inside these contracts I suppose but I am sure there is some fine to it if you cancel it the last minute though.

12 hours ago, HisNameisChase said:

Apparently she might pull out of the Brits as well.

I might get flack for this but Adele is not resilient and cannot handle anything but praise.

Her album -- to her own standards -- underperformed. Her record company thought she would do at least a million and there are tens of thousands of unsold CDs and vinyls left in stores.

This is her "flop" era and for someone who has been used to praise and been overhyped (she is talented but has been fed with a golden spoon of sometimes undeserved praise) to the point of not being able to handle this type of reaction from critics and fans.

She knew weeks before about the issues and pulled out last minute. Her album, to me, was... I don't want to say inauthentic, but it wasn't good and seemed too calculated and formulaic.

This may undoubtedly be an unpopular opinion, and I'm sure I'll be sent to gay hell (which is fine since I like warm weather), but I've always found her music to be... boring 😬 There is no denying she's extremely talented, and I've watched some videos and know of her main radio songs, but I've just never understood the appeal of watching/listening to people who sing mostly depressing sad songs one after another 😬 Again, her talent is evident and she's gorgeous, but I wouldn't be surprised if most people just kinda moved on from the sadness of her last album and don't want to revisit that stuff again. Don't hate meeee

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, If I'm Dancing said:

This may undoubtedly be an unpopular opinion, and I'm sure I'll be sent to gay hell (which is fine since I like warm weather), but I've always found her music to be... boring 😬 There is no denying she's extremely talented, and I've watched some videos and know of her main radio songs, but I've just never understood the appeal of watching/listening to people who sing mostly depressing sad songs one after another 😬 Again, her talent is evident and she's gorgeous, but I wouldn't be surprised if most people just kinda moved on from the sadness of her last album and don't want to revisit that stuff again. Don't hate meeee

Actually no, a lot of gays agree with you, including myself. She's undoubtedly talented as hell and pours her heart and soul into her music. The reason I stopped liking it is that she's recycling; there's very little re-invention in her sound. It's always the same thing over and over again. 

I get it, she found her niche and it's working for her. But as far as I'm concerned, I stopped listening to her. I simply got bored :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired: happy for her success though, she deserves it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Prachi said:

Maybe there's a sick clause added inside these contracts I suppose but I am sure there is some fine to it if you cancel it the last minute though.

Yeah, that's what we figured out, but, after all the truth is known now, could they seek to sue Britney or Jamie or whoever signed that contract? Or will they just forget about it out of consideration to Britney? 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, that's what we figured out, but, after all the truth is known now, could they seek to sue Britney or Jamie or whoever signed that contract? Or will they just forget about it out of consideration to Britney? 

Business doesn't come from emotions but in my belief Britney signature during conservatorship should be now null and void. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, HisNameisChase said:

Apparently she might pull out of the Brits as well.

I might get flack for this but Adele is not resilient and cannot handle anything but praise.

Her album -- to her own standards -- underperformed. Her record company thought she would do at least a million and there are tens of thousands of unsold CDs and vinyls left in stores.

This is her "flop" era and for someone who has been used to praise and been overhyped (she is talented but has been fed with a golden spoon of sometimes undeserved praise) to the point of not being able to handle this type of reaction from critics and fans.

She knew weeks before about the issues and pulled out last minute. Her album, to me, was... I don't want to say inauthentic, but it wasn't good and seemed too calculated and formulaic.

This era is not a flop in any way, shape or form, or stretch of the imagination :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block