Anitta released her new single "Boys Don't Cry", produced by Max Martin

mono-yuumi

On 2/1/2022 at 10:03 PM, bitbitboi said:

...that doesn't really take off. She's great and talented like Nicole but I'm truly shocked at how little they stand out from the rest or make statements other than being fantastic at.... forgettable stuff.

Hmm... I don't agree at all. You might not know but Anitta has been HUGE in Brazil for almost 10 years already, and has a growing audience worldwide in the past 4 years, mainly in Latin America.

Currently, she has 17.500.000 monthly listeners in Spotify, more than a lot of other pop acts from USA, like Kesha, Charli XCX, Tinashe, Normani, Marina... So, if we are comparing Anitta with somebody else, I'm sure Nicole does not meet the requirements.

Don't forget "Boys Don't Cry" is Anitta first release in the USA under an american label, Warner Records.

She might not be an A list in USA yet, but let's also not forget that the USA is not the center of the world, right? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

If you wanna know some other great songs from Anitta, here you are a few:

• Love 2
4 hours ago, mono-yuumi said:

Hmm... I don't agree at all. You might not know but Anitta has been HUGE in Brazil for almost 10 years already, and has a growing audience worldwide in the past 4 years, mainly in Latin America.

Currently, she has 17.500.000 monthly listeners in Spotify, more than a lot of other pop acts from USA, like Kesha, Charli XCX, Tinashe, Normani, Marina... So, if we are comparing Anitta with somebody else, I'm sure Nicole does not meet the requirements.

Don't forget "Boys Don't Cry" is Anitta first release in the USA under an american label, Warner Records.

She might not be an A list in USA yet, but let's also not forget that the USA is not the center of the world, right? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I was not talking about numbers, and I know Anitta is basically royalty in Brazil, and I honestly don't care what the US think because they are way too narrow-minded to spot talent beyond their noses (KYLIE MINOGUE, WORLDWIDE LIVING QUEEN, HELLO), but what I mean is that whatever Anitta makes is not memorable, or she doesn't really stand out or bring sth unique to the table. For example, from the songs/videos you shared, I was actually going to name "Paradinha" as a song and video that I think truly showcases who she is, and which could be the starting point for many great things. But she dropped all that very fast and her career now is basically all collaborations, and I honestly think the features overpower her, like Saweetie (overall, "Faking Love" is a good song though), the clearer example being Pabllo, she STEALS that song with only one verse or a freaking scream. So, to sum up... In my humble opinion as a pop music lover, Anitta is always one step below others in everything she does. Still good, but not amazing. And "Girl From Rio" is an album track, not a single, what is she thinking...

4 hours ago, mono-yuumi said:

Love those! Especially Girl from Rio, Faking Love and Me Gusta :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 1

This is the first song by her I really love. I’ve been hearing about her for years and trying to give her music a chance, none of her English songs have been any good that I’ve heard. And I rarely listen to non English songs, not to be a hater or close minded, I just like songs I can sing along too, so it’s rare I really love a song in a different language lol. This song is a total bop though! She should continue to work with Max! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block