Reasons Why Britney Spears Is a Gay Icon

She got massive hate because she expressed her ***uality at a young age, she got hate because she didn't fit the mold that media wanted her to fit. She got hate because she wasn't scared of showing her skin and being confident. She got hate when she fell in love with "the wrong person". She got hate because she did mistakes. She even got hate from people that were just like her because of the hypocrisy. Being hated for who you are is sadly relatable to many in LGBTQ+ community. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: But she always pushed through and kept being herself, no matter what and I think that's what makes her a good role model and LGBTQ+ icon. Plus she has a lots of sassy gay anthems:werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, returcus said:

For no reason. She never supported gay community and she not Xtina. Period.

Well, her life was taken from her when she was young and even before that her previous years wear chaotic with her own problems. How could she support the gay community when she was basically a prisoner who couldn't say or do what she wanted? 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, la_land said:

Well, her life was taken from her when she was young and even before that her previous years wear chaotic with her own problems. How could she support the gay community when she was basically a prisoner who couldn't say or do what she wanted? 

So dont tell that she's was lol

1 hour ago, returcus said:

For no reason. She never supported gay community and she not Xtina. Period.

Have you ever watched onyx hotel tour? Or breathe on me performance where there were guy & guy and girl & girl performers? 

If she wanted to make a big deal about it, she would just make sure it is on all magazines or news considering that LGBT was more taboo back then. 

If she was not supporting it, she would not have guy & guy performances etc on her shows in early 00s.

Please delete your account.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
Just now, 3Pney said:

Have you ever watched onyx hotel tour? Or breathe on me performance where there were guy & guy and girl & girl performers? 

If she wanted to make a big deal about it, she would just let it go all over magazine or news considering that LGBT was more taboo back then.

If she was not supporting it, she would not have guy & guy performances etc on her shows in early 00s.

Please delete your account.

To be "okay with gays" and to be a gay  icon there's little gap bettween honey.

Please don't delete your account, she needs those kind of fans :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

I see that disrespectuful video of calling paparazzi a gay to insult him from 2007 is already deleted :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

I do think Christina Aguilera or Paris Hilton shows more love to the gay community, where Britney is more silent. She has referenced her gay boys before but she’s never really sat down and talked about us I don’t think. She did have her speech at the GLAAD awards but that’s the only thing I can think of out of her entire career. LT was also there I believe :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: I could be wrong! I do remember reading something like her writing letters I believe to a fan who came out and she supported him ❤️

I don’t think it’s that she’s not proud of us, I think it was more her family being obviously very traditional and maybe they didn’t want her speaking up on gay rights? :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: I’m sure that she’s aware that her following is a lot of the LGBTQ community! Kathy Griffin shows more love to the LGBTQ community than Britney does. 

She’s not just a gay icon, she’s THE gay icon :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, returcus said:

Oh she is a gay icon - gays love singing women. But she's not an icon in sense that we are talking about - she never supported them in obvious ways. But that's nothing wrong about it.

Well, tbh Xtina can be a huge supporter and that's great but she's not icon.

As nobody knows who she is anymore, and the last song we know from her is from 2006.

At least in Europe. But every gay event/party/etc. includes Britney songs, and usually everyone goes crazy. I mean her power in general and in the gay community is more present. But yeah, we're talking about completely different things.

• Love 3

i think shes more a gay icon in the sense that her persona and her strugles are more relatable to us - at least to me - as any other pop girl out there... Also for me she is a symbol of kindness, strength and being treated like the underdog while actually being the main character that no one else is. She's been beat up by media and public while putting out amazing work, doing amazing performances and being one of the nicest and down to earth superstars we have seen and I can see how much this relates to most of the LGBT+ community. For me she's not a gay icon that is in the forefront of our fight, she is a gay icon because she is the person that mirrors our strugles the best and still rises above it all by being one of the most successful entertainers of our generation and taking back control of her life.

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block