Reasons Why Britney Spears Is a Gay Icon

I commented on a thread a few days ago that Britney never really showed the LGBTQ community support or appreciation throughout her career. I’m a humble person and I would like to retract my statement. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:
I forgot about this beautiful song. Britney participated in this song dedicated to the victims of the shooting at a gay club that took the lives of many. She sounds absolutely beautiful here and in my opinion stands out the most. 

She does love us and I’m sorry Britney :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, BritneyLVR said:

I commented on a thread a few days ago that Britney never really showed the LGBTQ community support or appreciation throughout her career. I’m a humble person and I would like to retract my statement. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:
I forgot about this beautiful song. Britney participated in this song dedicated to the victims of the shooting at a gay club that took the lives of many. She sounds absolutely beautiful here and in my opinion stands out the most. 

She does love us and I’m sorry Britney :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Wondering how you could think that in the first place? She has been always surrounded by gay dancers, even exchanged saliva with one of them during OHT. What is that if not a support? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Show me some footages where Trump does that! :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Britney is a gay icon because she's always been unapologetically herself, and she NEVER got in the way of others wanting to do the same.

AND she's given us a bazillion gay bops for the dance floor, as well as the hottest music videos. So HER WORK HERE IS DONE.

i think that she wasn't unapologetically herself since almost 14 years.................................... 

Leave Xtina alone, lol. 

Somebody wrote about "Beautiful" - actually the song was never offered to her and stop with this stupid rumours. Her team heard the track (demo) already after it was given to Xtina (but not released) and Linda Perry had a nice laugh of it that they wanted :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

12 minutes ago, Riko said:

Even more so that I originally tried with “Rik” when I joined, cause I published all my Britney mashups 15 years ago with this nickname. Coincidence. :)

Guess no one will mix us up anyways. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Omg I wonder why the username wasn’t available! I only started visiting exhale about 3 years ago on and off. Anyway :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:  icons being icons 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, MathCarmignani said:

i think shes more a gay icon in the sense that her persona and her strugles are more relatable to us - at least to me - as any other pop girl out there... Also for me she is a symbol of kindness, strength and being treated like the underdog while actually being the main character that no one else is. She's been beat up by media and public while putting out amazing work, doing amazing performances and being one of the nicest and down to earth superstars we have seen and I can see how much this relates to most of the LGBT+ community. For me she's not a gay icon that is in the forefront of our fight, she is a gay icon because she is the person that mirrors our strugles the best and still rises above it all by being one of the most successful entertainers of our generation and taking back control of her life.

Flower Rose GIF

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block