Can you sing like Britney ?

Yes actually I’m a tenor and my love for singing Britney Coincided with my interest in Britney’s singing technique growing up , over the years I have practiced replicating her vocal cracks and croaks and essentially learning to sing through my nose at a falsetto or higher pitch. Singing like this for a few years no has unfortunately actually shaped my voice in a negative way, and within the past year I’ve been learning how to sing like me, and not like another person but even when I sing with my lower register and explore my other ranges my friend who is a musician told me he can always hear Britney in the background. Most specifically Britney’s vibrato is something I’m able to excute but only when I really focus but when I sing my rock theme sings the Britney esque features really shine through but I’ve been in the process like I said of reshaping my singing because I’m ultimately an r&b chill songs and that’s the kind of music I would like to sing, my friend who’s a musician has a studio and me and him are currently working on a song

this is such an interesting topic btw this my first time speaking about my musical interest here lol, I mean I wouldn’t be a Britney if I wasn’t a music lover

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Yes actually I’m a tenor and my love for singing Britney Coincided with my interest in Britney’s singing technique growing up , over the years I have practiced replicating her vocal cracks and croaks and essentially learning to sing through my nose at a falsetto or higher pitch. Singing like this for a few years no has unfortunately actually shaped my voice in a negative way, and within the past year I’ve been learning how to sing like me, and not like another person but even when I sing with my lower register and explore my other ranges my friend who is a musician told me he can always hear Britney in the background. Most specifically Britney’s vibrato is something I’m able to excute but only when I really focus but when I sing my rock theme sings the Britney esque features really shine through but I’ve been in the process like I said of reshaping my singing because I’m ultimately an r&b chill songs and that’s the kind of music I would like to sing, my friend who’s a musician has a studio and me and him are currently working on a song

this is such an interesting topic btw this my first time speaking about my musical interest here lol, I mean I wouldn’t be a Britney if I wasn’t a music lover

sassy-black-woman.gif

• Haha 5

I used to carry a good tune when younger, but singing in the style of Britney for the past 23 years, since I listen to her everyday, has definitely made my singing voice different and I've tried the past couple of years to focus on singing more natural, but her style still creeps out. Even when singing along to other artists, I've had her style creep on out, too. I can't replicate her since I'm a guy, but just her style of head singing and croaky.

Hearing Brit surprise sing STTA live at Vegas, she sounded like 1998ney, but still the baby voice came out at parts and it's a bad habit hard to break.

tbh i feel like my voice was shaped around her as i was younger bc she was all i listened to, my style of singing is similar to britney’s, but probably not as polished. i feel like through the years my voice has definitely been damaged, but i’ve always sang like britney and my natural voice was even low like britney’s… i can do the baby voice as well. overall it’s not perfect, but i can hold a tune!

:lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

i find this thread interesting bc i always wondered if i was the only one, but i guess not!

• Love 1