“Slumber Party” is a pop masterpiece and was absolutely slept on by the general public

Just now, MrLovett said:

Yeah but you can’t feature a song like that with a no name like Tinasha. I mean I don’t love her but like @GODNA IS A QUEEN stated, it would’ve been so much better and a guaranteed hit if they added Riri :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

I hear all of you that are quoting me…..been a Britney fan since 1998 and Imo “slumber party” is the worst song for a single besides the Smurf song she did. I honestly knew it wouldn’t be a hit when it was chosen. Maybe I should go back and listen to it again bc tbh I don’t hardly listen to any of “glory”

2 minutes ago, do the thing said:

i find the song pretty boring tbh 

my fav glory song is if I'm dancing. unique and original, also meme-material (I remember those brazilian legendary vids with if I'm dancing). 

love me down was another pretty cool one.

make me is an amazing song but it's been killed by its mv and poor management. 

If I’m Dancing and Love Me Down don’t and won’t ever hold a candle to the excellence that was Slumber Party. The audacity. There is a reason why it was chosen as a single. And Make Me fell short because it was boring and G-Eazy’s verse was extremely lackluster. The song’s only saving grace was the gorgeous harmonies during the chorus. 

4 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Let’s fill up this clawfoot bath with bubbles!

My god this song had so much potential and the mv was iconic! I think it needed a much better feature than tennisshoes it needed like Rihanna or Selena Gomez literally any A list female singer not a d list proactive commercial girl

since when is Selena Gomez an a-list singer? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

her charts outside of the US are pretty awful, and in the US they're B-lister charts at best.

a-list is Mariah with 17 #1s, Rihanna with 15 or so, Beyoncé selling out stadiums, Britney having 2 diamond albums and a WW hit per era, Madonna having more than 35 top 10 hits, Ariana Grande having idk how many top 5 hits by now consecutively, definitely not Selena Gomez :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

22 million records sold WW despite being there since 2009. lana del rey sold more records than Selena Gomez in the US only. 

8 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

:saywat-towelney: she released slumber party video  literally like a year after… liar or love me down would flop harder then 

slumber party is the most catchy of them all… the gp just does not know about its existence 

Nothing  could have saved glory era maybe a re release (soon after glory flop) with the original concept (cover) with exaholic, mood ring and matches (with a better production and longer) in it 

Wow you took the words out my mouth. Sonically, Slumber Party was and is the strongest song with the most solid, polished production off of Glory hence why they went ahead with it as a single. The logic of these fans, I swear. :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: I agree also with how if Exaholic, Mood Ring and Matches (No BSB) had better production and were actually completed in its final form, they all would have been strong contenders as the third single. That and possibly Love Me Down or Change Your Mind, but still Slumber Party washes all of them.

• Like 1