As Britney Spears' 2001 VMAs performance turns 20, snake handler shares backstory.

Moscow

7 hours ago, Kletus said:

Ugh if 9/11 didn’t happened people would have been talking about it for weeks and weeks like they did the kiss! :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

They kinda did, in fact it's still being talked about 20 years later. I remember 911 and britney with the snake being everywhere,  that's why its kind of hard to believe they only happened a few days apart lol

• Love 4
10 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I think it was overwork in a way that she wasn't happy with. Plus, after the Britney era she broke up with Justin, her family was busy doing their own thing and she was single and constantly working. She needed to find herself outside of work. 

I agree. I mean look at how skinny she is, it's not her natural weight for her body... Of course she looks amazing and her abs in all of this era are iconic, but she was burning crazy calories and probably not eating enough

• Like 4

I love how when he got home that night after the ceremony, all kids were asking him if he had seen Britney with that snake? 

Literally every young person watched the VMAs and was talking about Britney right after it

Well, I kinda already knew that but cool to read about that in a real story, especially from the perspective of a person who wasn't her fan.

• Love 4