What was your reaction to the Hold It Against Me music video?

On 8/28/2021 at 11:11 AM, Sourab Patodi said:

Femme Fatale is one of her best era. I wish Inside out, Trouble for me, and He is about loose me we’re also released as singles.

criminal - which was deemed as a failure at time of its release is most streamed song or will soon be most streamed song on Spotify. 

Album did well overall as well. It was over shadowed by 21, teenage dream, and Born this way.

competition was fierce during 2011. 

One of her best????? How? She was medicated and bored most of that era. All her performance were lacklusters. Where were you at her Prime? Hell even Circus is better than this mess

24 minutes ago, J45x said:

One of her best????? How? She was medicated and bored most of that era. All her performance were lacklusters. Where were you at her Prime? Hell even Circus is better than this mess

Every one is entitled to their opinion. Also common man

Till the world ends , I wanna go , Criminal , and HIAM are such classic…as Britney said sometime you have good performance and some time not.. 

FF is such a classic dance album.

I didn’t said any of her previous album or eras were bad, but this album gave Britney her 3 top 10, digital sales, it is memorable

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Every one is entitled to their opinion. Also common man

Till the world ends , I wanna go , Criminal , and HIAM are such classic…as Britney said sometime you have good performance and some time not.. 

FF is such a classic dance album.

I didn’t said any of her previous album or eras were bad, but this album gave Britney her 3 top 10, digital sales, it is memorable

I understand that everyone has their own opinions but that doesnt means those opinions are facts. 

Im sorry, but FF is not one of her best. Yes the music is not that bad and there are some bops here and there, but all the context of the album is just so sad, and I dont know,disturbing. She was dating her handler/conservator around that time, and most of her performances were just plain bad, is around that time that Armney started to appear.

Are songs from that era even still played? Her classics and even that horrible Work Btch keep getting play on the radio but I havent listen to any of the FF era songs played in public in years. I understand if you like the album, but lets not call it one of her best. Not when we have her prime albums and glory. It is not. 

3 hours ago, J45x said:

I understand that everyone has their own opinions but that doesnt means those opinions are facts. 

Im sorry, but FF is not one of her best. Yes the music is not that bad and there are some bops here and there, but all the context of the album is just so sad, and I dont know,disturbing. She was dating her handler/conservator around that time, and most of her performances were just plain bad, is around that time that Armney started to appear.

Are songs from that era even still played? Her classics and even that horrible Work Btch keep getting play on the radio but I havent listen to any of the FF era songs played in public in years. I understand if you like the album, but lets not call it one of her best. Not when we have her prime albums and glory. It is not. 

You focus too much on aspects of her personal life that have nothing to do with the music to judge the album Femme Fatale. If you just forget about what's been going on behind the scenes it's a better album than Glory.

Glory isn't that memorable either, i don't get all the praise for this album,  musically it's so underwhelming and forgettable, it has no replay value, there's way too much mid-tempo songs, the vocal production is weird, her voice sounds worse than on her previous albums, it's so thin and nasal, and i hated the whole selena gomez/kygo tropical house trend back in 2016 and i still hate it now..

her last great album is blackout

13 hours ago, J45x said:

Yes, criminal is getting good plays..by end of this year FF will have 3 songs over 100 million on Spotify.  The videos are really great. Even Work ***** is a great video.

I get the frustration that she was forced to work and was not in full control… but still all the music videos and singles are great. The only reason album was overshadowed because it wasn’t promoted properly…and it was competing with Teenage dream, 21, and Born this way (which was hyped).

Musically it’s great. I have a lot of friends who loved that album. I was there on her prime, but being a 30 year old women in industry..she killed it. ESP Till the world end is one of her best selling digital song ~ 7+ million copies. I LOVE FF

I haven't read through the rest of the replies yet...

But I remember being really disappointed they only did 1 second cutaway shots to her performing the dubstep breakdown. At the time, I also thought they'd chosen to not feature the full choreo. But since Brian released the rehearsal it's clear this wasn't the case - it just appeared that way because the cuts were choppy.

Dancing was the MAIN hype back then for fans, and the fact they severely overhyped this video with teasers I was left feeling quite underwhelmed. However, I still do like the video as a whole - it's very different to anything she's ever done. But to me it has the feel of a Blackout era video in the sense of her not looking very happy, or even present. They were also rumours she had a breakdown on set, but idk how credible they are.

Things I liked:
- Pre chorus and final chorus choreos

- Her hair and makeup

- The visuals in general

Things I didn't like:

- Incredibly fast cuts 

- The Plenty of Fish advert

- The fight and paint scene (it was weird)