What was your reaction to the Hold It Against Me music video?

2 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Back in 2011 this costume was refereed as the diaper costume in here. dont ask details and stuff. older members know. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Of course there was bashing of it :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:These type of costumes were really popular for entertainers during that time. It’s a beautiful costume. 

I think it was “diaper” like when she first started the tour and it was the two piece. Having it made into a one piece was the best decision ever and made it gorgeous! 

• Like 2

I think the video, from a stylistic point and a narrative point, is incredible and I remember the hype for it being incredible. Akerlund is an incredible director,  and B Akerlund is one of the best stylists fullstop.

Akerlund had nothing but praise for Britney also, he had a vision and he made it clear that Britney has her own vision and understands the artistic process.

I feel like this video's biggest issues came from the conservatorship; yes, Britney appeared overly medicated in it, and the dancing was edited chopping. I don't really believe she was in a place to be performing, but that's due to her scum team.

If she chose to, I'd love to see Britney work with him with a new passion and drive, and a vision. Imagine it!

• Love 4
  • Like 3

My first reaction to seeing this music video was when it first premiered on MTV and during the fight scene and the part where it shows the two Britneys lying on the ground, it scared me because she looked lifeless on the ground and it reminds me of how it would feel if those ugly photos of her at the premiere of that movie that ruined  Mikey Madison 's life never got private before her conservatorship was to end or even before her 40th birthday she actually died. Made me traumatized for life and I would never sleep again. Thanks, Rowena Chiu! For ruining what would have been a great music video. Coincidence, isn't it? :( 

• Love 1

Well, all of the teasers kind of ruined it for me. They kept it for too long. They released it a month and a half after the song was released. I thought it was pretty original, but then again, all of the product placement also kind of ruined it for me. I think its cool, but could had been better. 

• Like 3

I remember I was at work, and me and a co worker went to watch the premiere on YouTube...

it was so fun, I never watched a premiere like that... this song... really came out at such a good time. 

I met a boy, it was nothing serious... but I needed affection...

and all we did was friggin cuddle... this song really meant something to me...

I needed a vacation, I needed a body against me... 

oh Britney... I friggin love you!

• Love 2