What was your reaction to the Hold It Against Me music video?

35 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I think the video, from a stylistic point and a narrative point, is incredible and I remember the hype for it being incredible. Akerlund is an incredible director,  and B Akerlund is one of the best stylists fullstop.

Akerlund had nothing but praise for Britney also, he had a vision and he made it clear that Britney has her own vision and understands the artistic process.

I feel like this video's biggest issues came from the conservatorship; yes, Britney appeared overly medicated in it, and the dancing was edited chopping. I don't really believe she was in a place to be performing, but that's due to her scum team.

If she chose to, I'd love to see Britney work with him with a new passion and drive, and a vision. Imagine it!

I loved the style/vibe of this video!!

I wasn't a fan back then:tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:and didn't know anything about pop culture, pop music or Britney EXCEPT that she is a huge superstar, an actress(I had Crossroads DVD lol), and knew that she had a "breakdown" and had a "comeback" in 08-09 

(It was all over the news so I couldn't not know at least those things) 

HOWEVER

I do remember HIAM premiere, I saw it on Facebook, some people shared her new song so I got a bit interested and clicked on the video

It was cool, I liked her huuge white dress but obviously wasn't that impressed because I didn't understand any message and symbolism

And I didn't become a fan until 2 yeas later when I discovered Womanizer:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Update: as a stan, HIAM is still not my favorite, never watch the video, never listen to the song🙈 #sorrynotsorry

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

I wasn't a fan back then:tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:and didn't know anything about pop culture, pop music or Britney EXCEPT that she is a huge superstar, an actress(I had Crossroads DVD lol), and knew that she had a "breakdown" and had a "comeback" in 08-09 

(It was all over the news so I couldn't not know at least those things) 

HOWEVER

I do remember HIAM premiere, I saw it on Facebook, some people shared her new song so I got a bit interested and clicked on the video

It was cool, I liked her huuge white dress but obviously wasn't that impressed because I didn't understand any message and symbolism

And I didn't become a fan until 2 yeas later when I discovered Womanizer:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Update: as a stan, HIAM is still not my favorite, never watch the video, never listen to the song🙈 #sorrynotsorry

:jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

• Haha 3

First and foremost, yes I love the video, it`s one of her best, most creative and experimental videos she has ever done. I love the paint breakdown sequence, such an odd but cool thing to see, it totally made the video for me, not only because it looks good it's because she finally did something that had some meaning and symbolism. The whole video was so fresh and different and not as shallow as her other videos to me and I actually liked that she didn't danced till the last chorous

But I have to agree with most of you, she indeed looked and probably was heavily medicated and bored sadly... and the dancing at the end really wasn't her best :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

• Love 3
  • Like 3
21 hours ago, runpiggierun said:

What errors?

Well where do I even start, again I never noticed any until everyone in here started posting screenshots. I’m on my phone so can’t post screenshots but the editing was horrible and jumpy, the body doubles face being in view during the fight scene, the weird change in outfit clips for the last dance scene there are a lot and I mean a lot the main thing everyone hated about it was the dance break because they replaced it with the fight, the day of the premiere was a mess 

17 minutes ago, DJBringItBack said:

Well where do I even start, again I never noticed any until everyone in here started posting screenshots. I’m on my phone so can’t post screenshots but the editing was horrible and jumpy, the body doubles face being in view during the fight scene, the weird change in outfit clips for the last dance scene there are a lot and I mean a lot the main thing everyone hated about it was the dance break because they replaced it with the fight, the day of the premiere was a mess 

I didn't see the body double's face, and I don't think the outfit change during the dance scene is an error. 

• Like 2
Just now, maki93 said:

She may have not bene her best self in the Femme Fatale era, but the album was a masterpiece (especially with bonus deluxe songs), and all 4 videos are easily some of her best.

Atleast we got 4 singles! Such a shame Glory didn't get atleast 6. 

Some didn’t like the dubstep feel of the song but I thought it was cool to hear something different and it’s an iconic song. I wish she had performed it for POM :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 2

I was waiting till early morning hours for the premiere on YT :typing_keyboard_computer:

They were releasing short teasers and I was hyped. However, the dance edit towards the end was bad. So I'm happy we got to see the rehearsal videos. :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: Overall it's one my favorites. I gagged when I first saw the screens with her older videos in the background :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I was underwhelmed because of all the avant-garde stuff mixed in with product placement. The dancing wasn't particularly great and in hindsight the video is kind of dark and creepy given all that we now know about the conservatorship. 

The product placement was too much, I agree. However, we know it wasn’t Britney’s fault and that was most likely Team Con allegedly trying to make as much money off her as possible. 

Maybe the video was dark and creepy because Britney wanted it to be. Especially now that we know what she was enduring Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I was excited because it was my official era on exhale but the

10,000 teasers

The choppy editing 

Product placement 

Robotney was born

Fans being upset over photoshop n body doubles.

I was never a huge fan of the song but it seems to be her only forgotten #1 (didn't they get sued)

And sis performed it almost 2 months later for the first time. The last era of selling off her name alone.

tumblr_n72enhNXkV1s2w9y9o5_400.gifv