Normani is now performing at the VMAs

22 minutes ago, Samuelnaz said:

I'll say this, When motivation came out, Normani had HUGE momentum... but ironically 0 motivation to promote or put out more songs... now that wild side is out, she has 0 momentum but a lot of motivation. ... I say the VMAs owe her nothing. 

This is exactly what I think too. If she had the promotional trail hard with Motivation things might have been different. Radio shows / tv talk shows / girl perform it every chance you get. 

• Like 2

I'll never understand this mentality. What have you done to get the attention of MTV or The VMA's that warrants a performance? I mean, yes, she is talented but her best moments are thanks to other people and are not purely due to her own efforts...

She broke away from an already broken girl band formed on a show that kinda suggested she didn't have what it took to be a solo star. Her biggest and only hit was written by an artist experiencing a career peak, with a stream of high charting songs from a high charting album so she benefitted from that, and the only other career moment was performing at Rihanna's fashion show, but none of this had impact. Cute topics of conversation? Yes. Iconic, impactful revolutionary? Not at all.

I didn't even know she had a new single out, but there's no excuses. So many artists completely upped the standard in their own careers, the charts etc. at a time when change was needed. 

You can't tell me that you deserve a spot, while acts like Doja Cat released and promoted like crazy. 

On 8/19/2021 at 10:38 PM, Jordan Miller said:

The sabotage :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Update: She's disappointed 😔. Sounds like she's going to cry tbh :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

no1.jpg.8d3ebb9763f9449c644136ff47564cfc.jpg

Uhm... she was already 'booked' 2 years ago with a non-hit single. She can't expect to be performing every time she releases a single a month before the awards (with not much impact). She should find another type of motivation (no pun intended).

Sorry not sorry...

• Like 1
On 8/20/2021 at 11:49 AM, gapeach704 said:

They booked camila who's recent "hit" didnt even hit the top 40. So, stop

The difference is Camila had TWO big hits with "Havana" and "Senorita" so duh? Normani has not had huge hits like Camila.. and I like Normani way better (or did, I'm over all of the 5H girls now).

Camila is also still a bigger star (although her star does seem to be fading)

• Like 1

Normani was my favorite in 5H with Ally, but I think for whatever reason her ego is out of control. Normani does not have hits, and she isn't even really that famous. I think this girl may be surrounded by a lot of 'yes people' in the industry. The VMA's are not going to book you when your song is flopping and you aren't even well known/have hits.

THE THING IS : 
She decided to do an  R&B sound for her first album... whyyy ??? this will corner her in a box and wont be able to reach the GP... like NORMANI first thing put out a pop album that everyone will be able to listen to ... AND THEN you can dive into R&B on your second album... 

I say BAD BUSINESS MOVE. 
Once again, the VMAs owe her NOTHING 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, frederiickx said:

The difference is Camila had TWO big hits with "Havana" and "Senorita" so duh? Normani has not had huge hits like Camila.. and I like Normani way better (or did, I'm over all of the 5H girls now).

Camila is also still a bigger star (although her star does seem to be fading)

People know "Havana" and "Senorita"...but they don't know Camila.  I can't count how many times people are like I love that song and then they see Camila and they're like, "She sings that? I had no idea. Oh.":gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: 

Camila is basically the equivalent of Los Del Rio.  Everybody knows the "Macarena" but nobody knows Los Del Rio :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Samuelnaz said:

THE THING IS : 
She decided to do an  R&B sound for her first album... whyyy ??? this will corner her in a box and wont be able to reach the GP... like NORMANI first thing put out a pop album that everyone will be able to listen to ... AND THEN you can dive into R&B on your second album... 

I say BAD BUSINESS MOVE. 
Once again, the VMAs owe her NOTHING 

6 hours ago, JP9101 said:

Normani keep going gurl, you are so talented, you should stay away of hip hop and take Britney as a reference and no beyonce :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

1 hour ago, Samuelnaz said:

Yessss !!! I always say that !!! She gives me Major prime Britney vibes !!!! But why R&B sis !! Whyyyyy??? 

TBH, incorporating R&B isn't a bad thing at all. Britney's debut album was her singing R&B-influenced pop songs and it made her a global star instantly. If anything, with racism in the industry, it is harder to break out as a Black star doing pop and even if she does do pop, it will still be considered, "R&B", by quite a few because she's Black. Plus it's clear she loves R&B so, what's the point of doing pure pop if your soul isn't into it? If she does pure pop and looks or sounds bored/lacks passion, it's not going to get her to take off either.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block