Normani is now performing at the VMAs

First besides her new song, what has she done this year music wise. Come on girl you were in a semi successful girl group for like 4 years and released two mediocre singles. You are hardly a house hold name. 

Plus it’s only the VMAs. Award shows are outdated and stale anyway. 

• Like 1

"See, this is what happens when you buy into your own hype"  somebody said this before, right?

But you know... she IS talented and she KNOW its. and the part that she says "i look back to those great performances and that im capable of" i do believe her, I DO think she would deliver a GREAT performance. Shes just honest with no "false modesty" you know??? But that can come out "wrongly".

I didn like her last realease... neither the song, nor the video. so... maybe thats it too... she needs to HIT.

Im actually curious/hopefull about what Olivia will do!! Hope she does a very VMA performance... its been a while... :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

• Love 2

That industry is getting ****tier and ****tier , she is talented, she might be a little bit "desperate" but I think her problem is that she's too passive and waiting for her label to do everything for her , which is not gonna happen , times have changed , that industry is now 50% tiktokers and stuff like that , if you're really serious about your career just be independent , those award shows are nothing , they have no value anymore , they're literally booking tiktokers and people who have nothing to do with music or talent they just want views ... It's not the 90's/00's anymore ...

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I relate this to work enviroment. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

For example: if you’re working your butt off to get promoted, always giving your best and you see other people getting recognized except you, at some point it is logical you will get upset about it. It actually brings you down and affects your self-esteem.

The thing is: she’s been away for so long and hasn’t promoted her music as an artist should be. Even though she has a Twitter fanbase, that’s not enough to become mainstream. 

Normani may be talented, but she needs to release more music and promote the hell out of it. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block