When Was the Moment you Became a Britney Fan?

I realized it at age (ENTER AGE HERE) when I joined this forum :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: it was so long ago... yes it took me forever (Blackout was already happening), but I didn't get fast internet until Blackout, so I actually could not watch any of her performances or ANYTHING until then UGH but then I immediately became a stan and never looked back :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

What About You? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 4

As ironic as it sounds, right after the 2007 VMAs performance. After all the hoopla about the performance, I wanted to find out more about Gimme More and Blackout, so I started stalking pop music forums and Myspace groups dedicated to Britney. I'd already known about Britney before that point obviously, but I wasn't really a fan until very late 2007.

• Love 6

I became a fan after I saw her BOMT video on MTV for the first time. I was super impressed by not only the song and video, but also her charisma and dancing. But I didn’t become a real stan until the VMA 2000. That performance shook me. When it was over I was obsessed and started covering my walls with Britney pictures. Yeah I know, what a pshyco 

• Love 6

I was like 7 or 8. It was in the BOMT era after watching the Crazy mv. I was slowly becoming aware of many things so at this point that initial era looks blurry to me. I have random memories because it was a looooooong ago.

Basically what i remember is music videos, some performances and interviews on tv and magazines I used to buy at the time. I was very young. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

*edit: I wonder if there are people who started stanning during the BJ era :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

• Love 4

I loved Britney's BOMT and Oops! but I was a really little girl. I became a fan with BRITNEY. It was THE MOMENT, I mean... Britney was everything I wanted to be lolol. I even remember playing her playstation videogame, watching and rewatching her music videos and trying to learn her choreos from the DWAD tour lol. :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

Actually, my mom remembers a lot of her performances because I wanted to rewatch all the time. Later, I did the same with the ITZ dvd. My mom enjoyed it since she didn't complain at all :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

• Love 5

I was a little kid when BOMT came out, I heard the song first before watching the MV. I remember everybody talking about some schooled bish named "Britney Spears" (I didn't know how to pronounce it at the time, nor did my friends lol) and I wanted to know who she was, so when I finally watched the MV and realized 'Oh! That's the song playing everywhere' I was shook by her beauty and her dancing. Instant fan! :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Love 3

I became a true true fan when I heard Gimme More at a friend's dance party when I was 12 or 13. I remember stopping in my tracks and asking a friend of mine what on earth was the FIRE that was playing and he said "Gimme More by Britney Spears! Don't you know?".  I had heard of her before, obviously, but I've  always been out of the loop with pop music lol 

But after that I bought Blackout, and then GH:MP, and hearing her first hits on that compilation album sealed the deal. Britney, her music, and her persona had become part of my identity, and still is to this day. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 6
  • Like 1

The moment I truly became a fan was probably when I saw the OIDIA video for the first time on TRL. I have so many good Britney memories circa 2000-2002 whether it was sitting under the willow tree in my front yard listen to the Oops album, watching the 2001 VMA performance when it first aired (typing that out just made me feel a bit old for a moment), or dancing to Overprotected in the camp talent show. I might not have had many friends growing up, but I did have Britney and her music to lean on.

• Love 5

The really first song I put on repeat was DLMBTLTK but at this time I didn't know Britney was a superstar. The song was on a "hits" album :katyfrog_perry_upset_um: after I saw Toxic MV on TV & I was like :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

But the time when I became a fan was 2007/2008. I don't know the moment but I start to be interested in her when she shaved her head. I wanted to understand why an icon like her could be broken like this. And I began to fall in love with her watching her career until this moment.

Falling in love for the artist & the girl. https://s6.gifyu.com/images/gifgit6.gif

• Love 5

I was in 5th grade when BOMT came out. Someone brought in a Nickelodeon Magazine that had a small picture of her on the back and remember her looking so pretty and cool. everyone started talking about the song and  I had never heard it. That same afternoon my mom drove me home from school and the BOMT came on. I was hooked. Then saw the video and it was Solidified after that 

• Love 4

accidentally i think...in 2004 i went to Debenhams with my parents and when i was at the cd store i saw a bright blue light

MV5BNjJkOWE3YjEtMjY5OC00MzhlLWE5OWMtNTc0

and then i was like omg i love the cover of this album... i think i've heard of this artist but i wasnt sure..

in the car i was listening to the album started to become obssesed  with the music and since then i started searching more from Britney and started paying attention when her music videos were on :gunney:

i joined exhell around 2012 though 

• Love 3

For me it all started with Baby one more time, I was 4 and was sitting on my aunts lap and for thr first time she came with the song and I was jumping around so happy that my aunt took a picture of me and it's still hanging at my hometown never sure why I was so happy because I didn't even know english. 

But I really became a super fan during Slave 4 u video :ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

• Love 4