When Was the Moment you Became a Britney Fan?

15 hours ago, Alexio said:

Was 13 in 1999. It all started with BOMT. I mean she was everywhere on TV. I remember being impressed with the other hits as well and the fact she was delivering each single time (sometimes, Crazy, born to make you happy...)

BUT I really became a stan when the Oops album was released. I remember going to a mall everyday to listen to it (those days...) until I had enough money to purchase the CD. I remember how fascinated I was by Stronger. I was sooo hoping for a music video. AND GURL... She did not disappoint. 

Similar for me! I was about 9 when BOMT came out, so she was everywhere, and I knew all of her songs, etc. but that was mainly because EVERYONE knew her songs lol. But then I got the Oops album for my birthday and loved it. And the videos and performances  from that era were sooo iconic. Stronger was my favourite video too. Her look with the icy makeup was everything to me!!

Stare Stronger Music Video GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 2

At the time "...Baby One More Time" came out, I didn't have access to mainstream music. But I remember my friends were always talking about Britney Spears. I didn't know who she was, but I was intrigued. I thought she probably was a doll brand because one of my friends had a "(You Drive Me) Crazy" doll.

So, one day in 2001, my uncle gave me a CD and a walk-man that he found while thrift shopping. He didn't want the CD because the jewel case was missing, so he gave it to me. It was the Grammy Nominees 2001.

I was so excited because It was my first CD. It was one of those moments when you remember exactly what you were doing. I was sitting on the floor of my room skipping through the songs. There were some good jams on that album like "Say My Name", "Music", "What A Girl Wants" and "Bye Bye Bye". But none had the impact that Track 14 had on me. It was "Oops!...I Did It Again". I remember being hooked from the moment I first heard her iconic "Mmm yeah". By the end of my first listen, I was a fan, but I still didn't know whose voice that was. So, I took the CD out of my walk-man and there it was in bright orange... BRITNEY SPEARS!

• Love 2

My earliest memory of randomly listening to Britney music and liking it was when I was 7 and my sister was playing toxic. Since then I've always liked her music when it played on the radio. I remember finding out about her doing the circus tour and thinking I hope she's doing great. Freaked out when 3 was released and played it to my dad through my phone lol. But I only became a real stan sometime in 2011, the femme fatale tour was my first ever concert. I can't exactly remember how that came to be though.

I truly became a fan right after watching BOMT mv on mtv for the very first time. I AM DEAD SERIOUS!

I got mesmerized by it.

I'm from Brazil and I remember going to every cd store and asking "do you guys have Britney Spears?"And they all looked at me with that face... WHO????? (one guy said "I dont have britTNEY... i do have whiTNEY. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Really! lol)

There was this guy in a big store who sometimes manage to bring some import spice girls singles (very hard to find here back in the day) and I reached for him... "oh there this new singer... britney spears... can you try to get her cd?". And after some time (I think maybe couple of months actually) he called. I remember CLEARLY... me at age 15, having lunch after school... phone ring... "hey, that cd you wanted, britney, its here".
I literally RAN to the mall! (funny fact, I entered the store and started looking for the pink/salmon album cover.. and gosh WHERE IS IT????? OH,,, WAIT... THE COVER IS DIFFERENT!!! here in Brazil  we got the white cover, which NOW I prefer!

gosh im so (old and) nostalgic! :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

That would be kinda me...:yesokay_britney_blush_blink: 

omg! im sorry sweetie i didnt mean to be rude :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

well, it must be really interesting to become a fan of something in a late time, a singer, a movie, a book, etc and start discovering more and more things about it. I feel it like when you start watching a serie on its 10 th season, you have it all there, you dont have to wait for something else. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

I kinda feel jealous of those fans who didnt have to experience the 2007 tho :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Kletus said:

I realized it at age (ENTER AGE HERE) when I joined this forum :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: it was so long ago... yes it took me forever (Blackout was already happening), but I didn't get fast internet until Blackout, so I actually could not watch any of her performances or ANYTHING until then UGH but then I immediately became a stan and never looked back :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

What About You? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

When I was 11 and heard bomt. People who weren't fans back then will never understand... The world basically belonged to Britney. All we ever talked about in school was Britney. We had Britney posters in our classroom on the wall. When oops came out , hundreds of kids from my school skipped class to go buy the CD.. we waited in line for hours and obviously they didn't have enough for everyone. It was Britney MANIA. I learned English because of Britney interviews. I would argue with my English teacher and say: Britney said that so it's correct.. and she ACCEPTED that lmao (it was about grammar) 

I had to write an essay and I wrote it about Britney and so many kids did. 

Best time of my life. If I didn't have my ****ed up parents I could have gone to her concerts but obviously wasn't allowed to unfortunately

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Kletus said:

I realized it at age (ENTER AGE HERE) when I joined this forum :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: it was so long ago... yes it took me forever (Blackout was already happening), but I didn't get fast internet until Blackout, so I actually could not watch any of her performances or ANYTHING until then UGH but then I immediately became a stan and never looked back :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

What About You? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I became super fan when she had breakdown, and after 2007 VMA´s. I clearly love drama lol

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, sweeetyme said:

When I was 11 and heard bomt. People who weren't fans back then will never understand... The world basically belonged to Britney. All we ever talked about in school was Britney. We had Britney posters in our classroom on the wall. When oops came out , hundreds of kids from my school skipped class to go buy the CD.. we waited in line for hours and obviously they didn't have enough for everyone. It was Britney MANIA. I learned English because of Britney interviews. I would argue with my English teacher and say: Britney said that so it's correct.. and she ACCEPTED that lmao (it was about grammar) 

I had to write an essay and I wrote it about Britney and so many kids did. 

Best time of my life. If I didn't have my ****ed up parents I could have gone to her concerts but obviously wasn't allowed to unfortunately

Wow hahaha😂

What country are you from?

From the very first moment I saw Baby One More Time video. Hook, Line, Sinker. I was instantly in love. A little known fact ... when I first heard the song on the radio, I hated it. I was very into alt rock at the time. Basically just Alanis Morissette, Fiona Apple, Jewel, Sheryl Crow ... and some heavier rock, like Powerman 5000, ****, Metallica, etc. Sooo, this song didn't really go with that. But when I saw the video, I was like "Yes I love you" and told myself by the way I guess I'm gay now :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:. I have absolutely stanned ever since. EVER. SINCE. interested britney spears GIF

• Super Mods

I have already said this several times on here but oh well:

It was in 2000 when I was on a bus to Mexico with my family.

They were playing her Oops video and I was mesmerized by her

thinking she was the coolest, most beautiful girl I EVER seen (still do)

and asked my mom "who is she?"

and then ever since I was hooked.

21 years later and im just as much of a fan and hooked as I was back then.

Maybe even more than in 2000