On Madonna's 63rd Birthday, Warner announces massive partnership which includes ownership of her entire catalog

6 minutes ago, Stefani said:

"Catalog series"? Oh God they're going down the Bjork route by releasing dozens of different versions of the same albums that everyone who actually cares about this announcement already owns just to squeeze a few extra coins out of nostalgic fans. Because I guess every Madonna fan needs 12 versions of each album in various formats. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

I don't think it's much about the format, but the unreleased content. Well, at least that's what I get with "expansive deluxe editions" unless it's just remixes or stuff like that 

39 minutes ago, Stefani said:

"Catalog series"? Oh God they're going down the Bjork route by releasing dozens of different versions of the same albums that everyone who actually cares about this announcement already owns just to squeeze a few extra coins out of nostalgic fans. Because I guess every Madonna fan needs 12 versions of each album in various formats. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

Prince did it with his iconic albums purple rain, 1999 and sign of the times, you had to get the more expensive version which for sign was like close to 200 dollars to get the vault material and the live DVD. 

It was worth it for that 150 page book..

Why is everyone concerned about people's wallets. Be concerned about your own. 

Besides of Britney or MC did this you wouldn't complain. 

6 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I think this will attract some young gp towards her music, Madonna really became something else - if she didn't push the limits no Britney would've never happened. 

I also feel, Janet also deserves a lot of recognition she literally has sone of the best albums. 

Unfortunately the super bowl incident sadly did damage to Janet Jackson that seems irreversible at this point. 

Her monthly spotify listeners actually show that, she was erased from pop culture and watched all her accolades and impact on culture disappear in a second..

She had to go independent cos I don't think any major label would sign her, and be told no, we will not book her. 

Plus her masters are gone as well google the universal studios fire, Janet has a part of  her recording legacy gone as well as the Jackson 5. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Unfortunately the super bowl incident sadly did damage to Janet Jackson that seems irreversible at this point. 

Her monthly spotify listeners actually show that, she was erased from pop culture and watched all her accolades and impact on culture disappear in a second..

She had to go independent cos I don't think any major label would sign her, and be told no, we will not book her. 

Plus her masters are gone as well google the universal studios fire, Janet has a part of  her recording legacy gone as well as the Jackson 5. 

This is what makes me really sad, even my generation doesn't know Janet or can name one of her songs this is really sad Janet has such better discography too no Britney would've happened without Janet! 

5 hours ago, Stefani said:

Yes we do. Leave us alone, you just wish your main would do this. 😂

34 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Happy bday to the QUEEN and to the OG female popstar!

giphy.gif

Didnt she debut in 1982-1983?

I didnt know her career started in 1981.

It will start in 2022, while the album Madonna" didn't come out until 1983.

Her debut single was issued on October 6, 1982..

The campaign was announced today on the favorite day of any leo, their birthday but will begin next year. 

I have the box set for Madame X (not my favorite album..but still) and the box set of the Rebel Heart album (which I loved). I wish WB would release a set like this for each of her older albums. That would be amazing.. plus demos or new songs on each album. I know M's all about the remixes..but I'd prefer something from the vault.. madonna GIF

I can feel the honest love and respect for her catalogue, bet those releases will be top notch.

But at the same time I'm dead at them only referencing her earlier work... :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

I see Guy Oseary paying attention to these releases but I hope they don't only concentrate on her most recognized work or the ones who they know will sell more...

Spoiler

JUSTICE TO MUSIC

• Love 1
On 8/16/2021 at 4:39 PM, scottmoorela said:

I have the box set for Madame X (not my favorite album..but still) and the box set of the Rebel Heart album (which I loved). I wish WB would release a set like this for each of her older albums. That would be amazing.. plus demos or new songs on each album. I know M's all about the remixes..but I'd prefer something from the vault.. madonna GIF

Let's just be honest those remixes are part of her artistry.  

50 #1 dance hits in the US is due to those remixes. You think it would happen based off the album mixes, not the ballads. 

The true blue made me happy as most of those were only on vinyl..

Billboard talked about It, in their podcast 

@I Always Sing Live

she never was one to embrace her past or her legacy. 

She was always the now, so with the biopic coming, it must have had a change of heart, plus they said the rumored 450 Million signing to Madonna, also doesn't hurt as money will make anybody happy to embrace their past. 

They also talk new Music, Keith said you know it's in that deal, but it's being denied right now, cos that requires additional money and discussion, no way would Madonna go back home unless a great deal was offer, that 17 studio album thing is vague. And I doubt Madonna would do unreleased music and sell it as a studio album.

They talked about how Dua lipa put Warner records back in the mainstream after years of unpopularity and all joked at the idea of Dua lipa and Madonna album is coming. That's one of the 17 albums..

Apparently the Madonna remix of Levitating was played at a wedding, the host Katy said. Of course that remixed changed the song, the way Madonna says yeah, yeah, yeah. They all was like it's not the same song. Madonna hijacked a Dua lipa track and changed it to her liking, which Keith said. This would explain Madonna writing credit in that remix as she basically remade that song to her club style. But hey the Dababy version is unpopular now thanks to his mouth, the Madonna version might get love after all. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block