Favourite albums/songs outwith the genres you normally listen to

30 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sheesh, I have never heard of these Beatles albums ever :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

:disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow: I pretty much grew up listening to them so for me I just expect everyone to at least know of their music, rubber soul imo is the better album but help just reminds me of my childhood so I have this weird nostalgia for it :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

some of my favourite tracks from each album:

Spoiler

this is probably one of my favourite beatles songs:

• Love 1
On 8/8/2021 at 3:25 PM, Shadow. said:

KM_GH_Cvr_10x10_HIres_CMYK.JPG?151940556

So yesterday I discovered Kacey Musgraves "Golden Hour" and I'm kinda shocked I liked it :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised: for context I can't stand country, mainly because of the cowboy, banjos, "my wife" stereotypes ingrained in EVERY LYRIC :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: and because of this I just haven't ever delved deep into the genre (maybe I'm judging harshly) but this album & her voice are just so pretty, I was pleasantly surprised :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

Reveal hidden contents

juno lou wishes her "music" was as good as this album :jamie_lynn_grape:

what albums/songs did you not expect to love as much as you did?

And that was Album Of The Year few years ago for a reason.

I too love this album and her. It’s so laidback. I like her vibe. Also her Christmas special album was nice. 

12 hours ago, Shadow. said:

:disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow: I pretty much grew up listening to them so for me I just expect everyone to at least know of their music, rubber soul imo is the better album but help just reminds me of my childhood so I have this weird nostalgia for it :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

some of my favourite tracks from each album:

Reveal hidden contents

this is probably one of my favourite beatles songs:

Omg thats weird. I guess I am only familiar with the popular records ALA The white album, Lonely peppers (thats the name right? :orangu_orangutan_ape:) and Abbey Road, of course. Thx for the recommendations tho :matches:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Golden Hour is iconic! :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking: Made me a Kacey stan and really her entire discography is incredible. Listen to Late to the Party on the Pageant Material album! :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:
I’ve been trying to get into more R&B and have really enjoyed Giveon and Sinead Harnett’s releases from this year!

• Love 1

Never liked when people use a stereotype or “pop” country to symbolize the whole genre. Country radio is a terrible representation and they don’t play a lot of the great up and coming songwriters. (Or women).

Margot Price, Justin Townes Earle, and Caitlyn Smith are amazing indie country artists.  Kacey Musgraves has always been so good and I’m thrilled she’s getting much deserved attention. 

I get into a lot of genres but I’ve been back in rock era for the past week. Also been ON some R&B/Jazz recently with Gregory Porter and Melody Gardot. 

I wonder if I’d like Golden Hour based on people’s comments in here? I like High Horse but that’s the only song I know from the album.

Also, I probably should have already mentioned this, I don’t mind hip hop and I like quite a few songs from the genre (mainly from 90s/2000s) but Eminem is the only hip hop artist who I can say I’m a big fan of.

5 hours ago, Isla said:

I wonder if I’d like Golden Hour based on people’s comments in here? I like High Horse but that’s the only song I know from the album.

Also, I probably should have already mentioned this, I don’t mind hip hop and I like quite a few songs from the genre (mainly from 90s/2000s) but Eminem is the only hip hop artist who I can say I’m a big fan of.

This song alone is INSANE...

• Love 1
On 8/14/2021 at 12:15 AM, SlayOut said:

Golden Hour is iconic! :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking: Made me a Kacey stan and really her entire discography is incredible. Listen to Late to the Party on the Pageant Material album! :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:
I’ve been trying to get into more R&B and have really enjoyed Giveon and Sinead Harnett’s releases from this year!

I was so pleasantly surprised! she has a lovely voice. late to the party is so cute! I'll need to listen to the full album.

r&b seems to be thriving right now, I can't wait for sza to release, feels like I've been waiting an eternity

• Love 1
  • 4 months later...
On 8/10/2021 at 3:09 PM, lili_ballet said:

i listen to everything, literally 

like classical music, jazz, rap, rock, more  obscure genres, everything… i even have flower and planet sounds on my playlists lmao

now why is this me :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: it's like "i don't mind if it is Beethoven, Heidi Montag or your random metal band, as long as i like the song it's ok". And yes i actually have stuff like ambiental music on my playlist.

Folklore and Evermore, at first I didn't even like Folklore but I grew to like the genre. Though, I still don't care for other albums in that genre.

Nelly Furtado's The Ride. I don't know what genre it's supposed to be (let's just call it indie) but I really like the album and I think it's a real shame a lot of people literally don't know about that album even existing. Palaces is my favorite track on the album.

Bastille. And not talking about their more pop/dance-esque releases like Happier but more like Warmth, Those Nights, Send Them Off, Give me The Future ... again I really don't know what genre they are labelled but it's special and I love Dan's brittish voice.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Nelly Furtado's The Ride. I don't know what genre it's supposed to be (let's just call it indie) but I really like the album and I think it's a real shame a lot of people literally don't know about that album even existing. Palaces is my favorite track on the album.

I love that album! I bought it on sale a few months ago thinking that it was going to be mediocre but it ended up being the exact opposite, it's a very well produced album!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I love that album! I bought it on sale a few months ago thinking that it was going to be mediocre but it ended up being the exact opposite, it's a very well produced album!

Have you listened to the bonus tracks too (Behind Your Back and Islands of Me)? There's no deluxe on streaming services, but those two songs are available as separate singles. I especially love Behind Your Back, and I always listen to them alongside the album. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: The only song I don't like is Phoenix. There's nothing wrong with it, I guess, but I just can't get past the phoenix metaphor - it's so trite and cheesy. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

Have you listened to the bonus tracks too (Behind Your Back and Islands of Me)? There's no deluxe on streaming services, but those two songs are available as separate singles. I especially love Behind Your Back, and I always listen to them alongside the album. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: The only song I don't like is Phoenix. There's nothing wrong with it, I guess, but I just can't get past the phoenix metaphor. It's so trite and cheesy. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

I agree on Phoenix mataphor being cheesy but I love her vocals in the song.

She really grew as a singer. I always watch her 2017 Baloise concert on Youtube. 

Even though she doesn't like to be famous, I MISS her so so so much! 

Loose is ALWAYS on my top 10 most streamed songs (Maneater).

It simply is a POP BIBLE. I almost love every song (just dislike No Hay Igual).

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I agree on Phoenix mataphor being cheesy but I love her vocals in the song.

She really grew as a singer. I always watch her 2017 Baloise concert on Youtube. 

Even though she doesn't like to be famous, I MISS her so so so much! 

Loose is ALWAYS on my top 10 most streamed songs (Maneater).

It simply is a POP BIBLE. I almost love every song (just dislike No Hay Igual).

Have you listened to the anniversary edition of Loose? Most of the tracks were remixes and alternate versions, but there were also 3 songs that were previously rare bonus tracks and/or b-sides, if I'm not mistaken (i.e., Undercover, What I Wanted, and Runaway). Undercover and Runaway were b-sides of Maneater/Promiscuous and Te Busqué respectively, whereas What I Wanted was a b-side of Say It Right:typing_keyboard_computer: I love What I Wanted so much. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Have you listened to the anniversary edition of Loose? Most of the tracks were remixes and alternate versions, but there were also 3 songs that were previously rare bonus tracks and/or b-sides, if I'm not mistaken (i.e., Undercover, What I Wanted, and Runaway). Undercover and Runaway were b-sides of Maneater/Promiscuous and Te Busqué respectively, whereas What I Wanted was a b-side of Say It Right:typing_keyboard_computer: I love What I Wanted so much. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Te Busqué and Maneater are my faves!

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block