Looking back on Britney’s 2017 comments about lip syncing

2 hours ago, Nickey said:

I refuse to believe she doesn't want to sing live after the Something To Talk About performance. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

"It feels illegal"... She loved it.

But I'm not saying she'd do a live all-greatest-hits concert also. We don't know.

This. She would always at least sing the ballads live up until 2004. This all changed post 2008. Coincidence?

• Love 6
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
On 8/5/2021 at 8:50 AM, Prince Ali said:

Guuurll.. you stopped singing during IWG when they turned you around on your platform and you were notfacing the crowd, so how those vocals were heard to the audience? I mean :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

I thought about that one too.  :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: 

But I don't blame her because she didn't have the choice to lie, imagine if she said "No all my entire shows are 100% playback" :ehidk_britney_um_eek: 

Of course we already know about that, but it would have been bad publicity for her and her team would have been mad.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

If we're to be honest, she never did a full live show. But that's okay, I love her anyway. We will have to wait, when everything is over, we'll see if she wants to perform again and if she wants to change something in her live vocals performances. Because you can't hear her 1998 voices and say they're liveBritney Spears GIF

• Love 2

Well, I've seen her 6 times live in the beginning of her career she didn't do any lip sync but slowly and gradually lip syncing became a major part about her performing, now that being said there are some odd things here when I saw in POM most of times she doesn't even when her mic is on which is something I felt very weird I always felt her team is making her do this, my theory still stands on this on her FF tour she sang full Gimme more live but most times I see she is singing but her vocals are too dim I don't know what to think about this but I feel there is something about this we don't know. 

Also, I feel Britney has been way too much Criticised for this - Beyonce has done it, MJ has done it, Madonna has done it etc etc but somehow Britney is always targeted. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Would she know if the mic’s off if the indeed in her ear is on? Just an idea. But if she was controlled to the point we now know she was, would it really be her decision? 🤷🏻‍♂️ In her testimony she was very forward about being pissed about having to perform to old mixes and not being to be able to change things up... so

i know GIF by The Hills

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, Ritatdad said:

That makes no sense. It was always on during the talking parts.

Also to people saying she didn't know. She got caught seversl times not mimicking the words when she through no one could see her

It actually makes sense. She always talked on cue, always after the same songs and there was never any spontaneity. Britney also mentioned on her Instagram that she wasn’t allowed to choose her own set list, she was not allowed to sing the mixes she wanted, instead she had to perform what Daddy Colon told her to. It wouldn’t surprise me (and honestly props to her) if she half-assed POM in rebellion to the conservatorship and that’s why sometimes she wouldn’t even mouth the words.

• Love 1
  • Like 6
6 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

She always enjoyed live singing. The circus tour had a lot of Live moments in it as well as a mix of playback, so did the Onyx Hotel tour, DWAD, Oops, BOMT etc.

It all started with FF, even then I’m pretty sure a lot of her singing was live tbh, even though people here swear it was always prerecorded.

The circus tour did not have a lot of live moments. In hundreds of shows she sang YOK live for a few dates, ‘get nasty’ and the ‘mama is in control’ once and a few words in Everytime when she was in Australia. 

FFT was pre-recorded- some of the pre-recorded tracks leaked years after the tour.

For me it always comes back to the BTS video of a INAGNYAW performance where she has a big bangle and someone says will that not get picked up by the mic and she laughs and says ‘oh god no it’s all playback!’.

In POM we have many videos of her blatantly stopping lip syncing, interacting with dancers, fluffing lyrics etc. A few early dates actually had her mic pack come off/break and she was literally handed a hand held mic to thank the audience before TTWE because her mic was broken. There’s no shame in it, she’s a playback artist. I would LOVE her to sing more, I think her STTA performance from POM is the best thing she’s done in years, but she has to say she’s not miming- she’s just keeping the illusion up, same as saying BJ is her most personal album or POM is her most dancing ever.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

I'm sure the seventeen year old Baby vocals in POM were part of his doing and maybe Britney wasnt fully aware or had control even if she was. 

It wasn't even the same original voice. They even pitched her songs higher (especially BOMT and Oops, Toxic... etc) to make it sound even more surreal. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Hypnotherapy said:

INAGNYAW performance where she has a big bangle and someone says will that not get picked up by the mic and she laughs and says ‘oh god no it’s all playback!’.

I was so interestead in what you had to say that I ended up getting angry with you because I don’t understand what exactly it was! Why did you put “INAGNYAW”? That’s insanity and took me 5 mins to decipher when you could have simply typed “Not a girl”. So that’s number one…and that’s a big one. Number 2, she had a bangle….now what on earth is that? I’d like to know! I always wondered about that video! I never understand what the person was asking for Britney to reply in such a honest way “it’s pure play back”….like what could they have possibly asked Britney for that to be her answer!? lol but now I know it was cause she had a big bangle….? Why are you doing this to me, ‘hypnotherapy‘? WHY!? Why? 

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

The circus tour did not have a lot of live moments. In hundreds of shows she sang YOK live for a few dates, ‘get nasty’ and the ‘mama is in control’ once and a few words in Everytime when she was in Australia. 

FFT was pre-recorded- some of the pre-recorded tracks leaked years after the tour.

For me it always comes back to the BTS video of a INAGNYAW performance where she has a big bangle and someone says will that not get picked up by the mic and she laughs and says ‘oh god no it’s all playback!’.

In POM we have many videos of her blatantly stopping lip syncing, interacting with dancers, fluffing lyrics etc. A few early dates actually had her mic pack come off/break and she was literally handed a hand held mic to thank the audience before TTWE because her mic was broken. There’s no shame in it, she’s a playback artist. I would LOVE her to sing more, I think her STTA performance from POM is the best thing she’s done in years, but she has to say she’s not miming- she’s just keeping the illusion up, same as saying BJ is her most personal album or POM is her most dancing ever.

omg is there a video of this? can you link it?

:saywat-towelney:

4 hours ago, Ty B. Pine said:

I was so interestead in what you had to say that I ended up getting angry with you because I don’t understand what exactly it was! Why did you put “INAGNYAW”? That’s insanity and took me 5 mins to decipher when you could have simply typed “Not a girl”. So that’s number one…and that’s a big one. Number 2, she had a bangle….now what on earth is that? I’d like to know! I always wondered about that video! I never understand what the person was asking for Britney to reply in such a honest way “it’s pure play back”….like what could they have possibly asked Britney for that to be her answer!? lol but now I know it was cause she had a big bangle….? Why are you doing this to me, ‘hypnotherapy‘? WHY!? Why? 

Lmaoo I’m so sorry!

she had a big bracelet- and the person said will the sound of the bracelet clinking not get picked up on the mic and she said no because it would all be playback anyway.