IDEA FOR THE FUTURE: Suing RCA for Britney Jean

Okay so this is something we must do as Britney fans. Maybe not right now cause we’re dealing with much more important **** (Britney regaining her freedom/civil rights) so it’s not very essential right now; but for the future, I say we should totally do it.

We know Britney is not singing on the major part of Britney Jean. Myah Marie was hired as a ghost vocalist and is singing in the lead vocals of lots of songs, like Work *****, Body Ache, Passenger and Chillin’ With You. We have the stems to prove that. It’s a known fact that Britney Jean (2013) was a rushed project, only to sell Vegas, that Britney never intended to record or release; that album was a cash grab from her team and should not be seen as something Britney really wanted to put out.

The same happened with Michael Jackson - after he died, his estate/label released Michael (2010) and the fans noticed he wasn’t the one singing on the songs. The fans managed to sue everybody involved and they ended up WINNING the case. See more here (Controversy): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_(album)

I think we should think about doing that. We know we’re right and we know we can win. Also if Michael fans won the case even after their fave was dead, imagine what we can do with Britney still alive, confirming in her own words everything we know. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, jennyj said:

I don't think we as fans can do that... that would have to be done by herself and her legal team since it's her name and brand.

Yes we can. Violation of consumer laws and fraud. See Michael’s case.

• Love 3
  • Super Mods

I don’t think it’s worth the trouble, once she’s free she can do all the suing, we on the other hand will just look like annoying “Karens”. Sure it worked for Michael but he’s dead and they release it after he died. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mutya said:

Okay so this is something we must do as Britney fans. Maybe not right now cause we’re dealing with much more important **** (Britney regaining her freedom/civil rights) so it’s not very essential right now; but for the future, I say we should totally do it.

We know Britney is not singing on the major part of Britney Jean. Myah Marie was hired as a ghost vocalist and is singing in the lead vocals of lots of songs, like Work *****, Body Ache, Passenger and Chillin’ With You. We have the stems to prove that. It’s a known fact that Britney Jean (2013) was a rushed project, only to sell Vegas, that Britney never intended to record or release; that album was a cash grab from her team and should not be seen as something Britney really wanted to put out.

The same happened with Michael Jackson - after he died, his estate/label released Michael (2010) and the fans noticed he wasn’t the one singing on the songs. The fans managed to sue everybody involved and they ended up WINNING the case. See more here (Controversy): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_(album)

I think we should think about doing that. We know we’re right and we know we can win. Also if Michael fans won the case even after their fave was dead, imagine what we can do with Britney still alive, confirming in her own words everything we know. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I once suggested that idea...

Did not go too well... But ironically, certain fans will not stop making "Myah Jean" threads and videos, thus publicizing the scandal/allegations even more!

I've come to terms w/ this. Britney, the main artist herself, doesn't care at all! Not at all! So why should we? I tell myself it's Britney's voice oftentimes enhanced by Myah's, and I leave it at that.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

I once suggested that idea... .,

Did not go too well... But ironically, certain fans will not stop making "Myah Jean" threads and videos, thus publicizing the scandal/allegations even more!

I've come to terms w/ this. Britney, the main artist herself, doesn't care at all! Not at all! So why should we? I tell myself it's Britney's voice oftentimes enhanced by Myah's, and I leave it at that.

You were ahead of your time!! I had no idea about your thread, congratulations on that!

But yeah, so far the response here has been underwhelming. I mean, if you exclude Britney Jean from her discography, Britney has pretty much a flawless collection of albums, I’d say the best of pop music. Having a validation of some kind that BJ is NOT her would be amazing in my point of view, we’d finally let this album rest forever and never talk about it again, cause it’s not a Britney album. I don’t know why the fans are against the idea.

Thank you for your insight xx

• Love 1

As much as they advertised the album as a Britney album, and it's 70% Myah, they technically covered their assess in the booklet credits.

Compare it to Circus or FF, when it comes to vocal credits on those, Britney is listed as lead vocals or simply vocals, while backing singers are listed as background vocals. On Britney Jean, they're a lot more vague, they use the words additional vocals in place of background, meaning technically, it never said Britney sang all of the leads, or was the sole vocalist on each track nor does it say that other vocalists aren't on lead or simply in the background. 

This would have to be an argument that would focus around how terrible her management and father have always been, because we know there was am entire album produced that they scrapped in favour of what we got.

8 hours ago, colormefresh said:

How do you even know if a “sound a like” is singing your songs? I mean Myah isn’t a bad impersonator…. Does she even know?

But my whole thing is like…. Myah is just a  backup singer…  who cares… but yeah idk whatever

Miley Cyrus former manager told this after her testimony.