Time: Britney Spears’ Pop Legacy Goes Way Beyond Her Music

Whoever wrote that doesn’t seem to empathize with Britney. I don’t like the way that was worded at all. It wasn’t outright mean but not being outright supportive of her right now kind of feels like a dis. They could’ve chosen to bring more awareness to her abusive conservatorship but instead they wanted to theorize about her discography? Please. 

• Like 6
Just now, idontgare said:

Whoever wrote that doesn’t seem to empathize with Britney. I don’t like the way that was worded at all. It wasn’t outright mean but not being outright supportive of her right now kind of feels like a dis. They could’ve chosen to bring more awareness to her abusive conservatorship but instead they wanted to theorize about her discography? Please. 

Agreed! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, idontgare said:

I don't think there's nothing wrong with that though. I mean, it may sound tone deaf to write about it now, but they're focusing on the possibility of her retiring, given her latest post and what Larry said, and they're just bringing a different kind of topic compared to what other publications have already done. I doubt they have anything new to bring to the topic of the conservatorship anyways, and they have made articles about it in the past, like this.

But I do agree the timing of this was off.

• Love 4

The majority of people have always been incapable and unwilling to see her humanity and human hood, probably because the majority of them contributed to her “breakdown”…I also find it insane and unfair that they are now speaking out, but again…They only care about her career and not about her as a person.

• Love 1

I see your point but I’m actually happy they’re talking about her discography, especially with all these thread on rather or not we should even recognize her past 4 albums 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Superproducer Max Martin, who spearheaded “…Baby One More Time” and a slew of other Spears hits, wanted to work with the singer because of her young age, which made her more malleable in his eyes. “She’s fifteen years old; I can make the record I really want to make, and use her qualities appropriately,” he reportedly told Spears’ A&R, Steve Lunt”

interesting article but that stood out to me the most. Max Martin really doesn’t get much **** for what he did to her and this fanbase will still want her to work with him. According to Cyndi Lauper he made her sing word for word to get it right and this quote just makes me boil as he literally treated her like a machine and totally took advantage of the fact she is young and naive to be a control freak. 

https://time.com/6082333/britney-spears-legacy/

• Like 2
On 7/21/2021 at 3:15 PM, idontgare said:

...but instead they wanted to theorize about her discography? Please. 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:59 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think there's nothing wrong with that though. I mean, it may sound tone deaf to write about it now, but they're focusing on the possibility of her retiring, given her latest post and what Larry said, and they're just bringing a different kind of topic compared to what other publications have already done.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:07 PM, GirlOnTheMoon said:

The majority of people have always been incapable and unwilling to see her humanity and human hood, probably because the majority of them contributed to her “breakdown”…I also find it insane and unfair that they are now speaking out, but again…They only care about her career and not about her as a person.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:11 PM, Britman512 said:

I see your point but I’m actually happy they’re talking about her discography, especially with all these thread on rather or not we should even recognize her past 4 albums 

On 7/22/2021 at 8:36 PM, Puppy said:

interesting article but that stood out to me the most. Max Martin really doesn’t get much **** for what he did to her and this fanbase will still want her to work with him. According to Cyndi Lauper he made her sing word for word to get it right and this quote just makes me boil as he literally treated her like a machine and totally took advantage of the fact she is young and naive to be a control freak. 

"...it also brings up a compelling question about Spears’ career and artistic legacy...Pop songwriting is more laden with mythology than most entertainment products; credits can include people charged with writing toplines (vocal melodies), snatches of melody, or even bits that sound like already-existing hits...Run down the credits of Spears’ albums and you’ll see her name pop up under the lists of songwriters. What that actually might mean is fairly opaque; she could have written an entire song or just a line."

https://time.com/6082333/britney-spears-legacy/

Translation: Because Beyonce Knowles is incapable of conceiving a hit song from her own mind, Britney Spears cannot write music...

""... Like with 'Everytime' I wrote the whole thing from scratch on the piano. Musically there was no track or anything. I was just at my house and I did the whole thing by myself. And then I went and I played it for [Guy Sigsworth] and I just basically told him exactly how I wanted the song to sound. And he was so amazing because there's a lot of producers you tell them things and they don't get it. And you're like oh, that's not the right way. He got it just right. He was amazing. And so that song specifically, you know, I did everything."

https://www.hiponline.com/3276/britney-spears-interview-2003.html

Again, the burden of proof is on Annet Artarni, not Britney Spears; Annet Artarni has 0 solo songwriting credits and there is no evidence she can write one or more melody or riff on a musical instrument by herself, on her own, unlike Britney Spears...

(1:50)