People who think Glory is Britney's 'baby' are the same who think Britney Jean is 'her most personal record'

On 7/14/2021 at 2:42 AM, setib47631 said:

Everything is said in the title, have a nice day. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Hide contents

Yes both album sucks. Glory is still better of course but full of Selena Gomez's rejets. Both are built around lies and mostly against her will. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

It’s obvious that “Glory” sounds like Selena’s “Revival”, Justin and Julia worked in both albums at the same time, the same way Max Martin’s work for Backstreet Boys and Britney sounds very similar. 

I’m agree that “Brintey Jean” is a mess, really dated and without personality, but I don’t share your opinion about “Glory”. I can’t deny that it is built around lies (Like almost her entire career and the career of many singers) but I think is the best thing she could do in that circumstances and I rather listen to Glory than any other album after “Blackout”. I like the songs and I like being able to listen Britney’s voice.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, Dreams said:

I never vibed with Glory, never really managed to got into it...I think i listened to it like 3 times and then i stopped.  It's nothing special.  Britney deserves better productions and content, she is Britney Spears, not Bebe Rehxa or Selena Gomez.  I didn't really like the tropical house sound from 2015-2016.  It's literally the most boring trend we've had in pop music. I wish Britney did something more trap or urban instead of boring generic edm.

The only songs that i liked are Mood Ring and Change Your Mind. And tbh they're not even that great. They're no Toxic.

You never vibe with **** except negativity :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Haha 3

To me, there are two types of Britney albums. Albums where she reinvents radio or herself (e.g., Baby One More Time, Britney, Blackout) and albums where she does what was established by herself or others, but better (e.g., Oops, In the Zone, Femme Fatale). Britney Jean doesn't do either thing. It was trying to address the critiques that she can't write or sing. I think Glory is doing what other people like Justin Bieber or Selena Gomez were doing but better. Didn't she explicitly say, herself, that since the conservatorship, she hasn't been as involved so now she was more involved? Like, sometimes we can just believe Britney you know?

What a dumb thread.

Have you ever listened to Coupure Electrique? How are you saying this is not Britney's baby after listening to Coupure Electrique? It's the most Britney song since Blackout (even the title means the same thing). It's her, it came from HER mind and vision, and it's shocking that a lot of you can't see that.

What about Man on the Moon and Just Luv Me? Two songs about loneliness (just like Alien, a song that she def liked a lot), Just Like Me was her idea, Julia Michals said Britney came do studio with the whole concept ready. Liar is the exactly the kind of sound she said in interviews she would like to do. And Private Show, What You Need, cmon... it's her. Glory is so so so Britney!!! You can dislike the sounds but you can't deny it's Britney's baby. 

Also, the vocals. She delivered everything and more! She worked so hard, more than she did for Circus, FF and BJ combined. 

The disrespect.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:55 PM, Onyxgirl17 said:

I believe that Glory is exactly what Britney wanted to put out. I don’t even know how to explain it but it just “oozes” Britney. Britney said she had more creative control. I love the album. We all have different tastes in terms of style but Britney was pretty clearly involved in Glory . 

Britney Jean she seemed completely detached from except for a few songs. 

I agree that the album felt “Britney” but I do think she’s more of an innovator and where it felt honest, it wasn’t evolutionary! Blackout was her last sense of artistic growth. Glory was her last personal growth. B10 should be all the above if it happens.