People who think Glory is Britney's 'baby' are the same who think Britney Jean is 'her most personal record'

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

But them being good or bad, successful or not has nothing to do with how Britney feels about them. BJ could've very well been her most personal album at the time, and Glory "her baby" at the time even if nowadays she might feel different.

I don't recall Britney talking that fondly about Circus, despite those short interviews and FF she did mostly magazine publications, describing it just like a fun record, and praising Max and Dr Luke etc.

Considering her involvement with Glory, it obviously was the most involved she has been with a project since Blackout so I can't obviously deny that. What i am saying is regarding Glory's quality which nobody except the fandom or critics really is a fan of.

Nope. She literally said in the Jonathan Ross interview in 2016:

And, according to various reports from members in the audience including Noisey writer and PopCrush contributor Grace Medford, Britney publicly addressed what has become one of the most talked/thinkpieced-about subjects surrounding her since 2008 for the very first time: her conservatorship.

It happened while she was discussing the creative process behind her new album, Glory. 

"Okay, so I have this conservatorship. I've been under this conservatorship for three years and I felt like a lot of decisions were made for me, so I wanted [Glory] to be my baby and I've been really strategic about it," she told the host, according to Medford.

https://popcrush.com/britney-spears-reportedly-addresses-her-conservatorship-for-the-first-time-on-upcoming-episode-of-the-jonathan-ross-show/

Thats a hell of a lot more honest than her just pushing the “most personal album” line repeatedly throughout BJ promotion. Her team didn’t even let that line about Glory and the cship air, so you can tell it was genuine. It’s not some line they just fed her. Also, as others have mentioned you can tell Britney’s creativity and input is all over Glory. Her passion in her voice alone says a lot.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

Britney loved it, especially after the BJ fiasco. She even talked about how she was allowed more control over the albums. in the interview where she mentioned the cship, so clearly it was her saying and not scripted. 

She was even posing in red carpets in 2016, something she hadn't done in ages. Showing she was feeling herself. 

tumblr_oni4r5i2nI1r9nlfxo1_250.gif

Ugh….she was stunning on the red carpet :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking:

Glory was her baby; it's a shame it ended after Slumber party, I blame RCA, from Tinashe point of view it always felt like she was not well liked by her label cos she refused to do hip hop and R&B (same situation with Normani and RCA right now), it was as If the color of skin meant she cant do pop Music, but urban music only..

I always felt like due to TINASHE, RCA refused to push Slumber party, the way they pushed Make Me... with white rapper G Eazy, and the fact that the new deluxe is the original solo version proves my point, nobody at RCA wanted the  remix to happen, sadly all the original versions of Glory is now deleted due to the 2020 deluxe version being the main version now. 

BJ is a hot *** mess, not worthy of explanation. 

Glory, however, is wildly overrated especially on here :bedtime_britney_book_Reading: mostly I think due to the fact that it’s such an improvement over Botched Job that just that fact alone makes most people praise it more. 

don’t get me wrong, I’ve never hated Glory… I just never fell in love with it. It’s not a bad album, just lacks much attitude and got **** on by RCA/Team Con so it never really got a chance to shine more  :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

• Like 1

The blatant disrespect. Myah Jean was basic and had awful production so I understand why it gets dragged, but Glory is a magnum opus and Brit sounds amazing on it. I genuinely think she enjoyed recording Glory despite what some of y'all say. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I have all her albums, I enjoy every song and video clip. I love the leaks and unreleased or unfinished tracks the most. Seeing her artistry and her collaboration with other artist I respect is awesome. I love her McDonalds album with Nsync and her clay animation xmas special and the m&m tour, chaotic is such a great jam😃

Britney puts a lot of love and extreme dedication into her craft. 

Is BJean more personal lyrically then some past albums, yup. She didn’t say it was better. Its just different. I enjoy the album.

Glory is the PH. Auc King Shh It. She is singing in another language!!! She is vocally experimenting and having fun!!

Britney Spears Hair Flip GIF by Billboard Music Awards

• Love 6