People who think Glory is Britney's 'baby' are the same who think Britney Jean is 'her most personal record'

I respectfully disagree.

Britney Jean was an album Britney worked on until a point, and it was never truly finished, due to a change in direction that she did not want to chase trends, lack of timing and a change in priorities. Ultimately, BJ very much benefitted from a narrative created on music that never made the album; that it was personal and urban. The photoshoot, while very pretty, lacks directions; I mean a B&W intimate photo for an album of EDM songs? I still believe Britney clocked out once Will.i.am was made EP (and nowadays, I dont believe Will.i.am had a choice either). Team Con wanted an album that chased trends, regardless of whether Britney wanted it or not.

Glory was worked on at a time when it is believed her father wasn't in her life as much as had been and what did we get, at a time when urban inspired sounds were in. What did we get? an album were Britney challenged herself vocally, an increase in passion and a photoshoot that matched the vibes of the album; It all felt like a true return to form, until her father returned to the scene, and management interfered too much (the make me video, the photoshoot etc). Heck, even the fact Britney wanted a solo song about just wanting to be loved as a lead single that feels slightly haunting in retrospect feels far more personal than anything she released in the years before.

• Love 7

For those people using "Glory" sounds like a Selena album, that's how a lot of pop albums work and have worked. You know that "distinctive sound" you hear in those albums and you know what decade it's from? It's because everyone shares producers and copies sounds from each other. If you put a Backstreet Boys, NSync, First 3 Britney albums, Destiny's Child, and Spice Girls next to each other, you'll hear similarities in beats and instruments.  I don't think a lot of people in this thread would be using that excuse if we talked about BOMT, Oops, or Britney, would you? 

• Love 6
  • Like 1

I disagree with you. It seems like Britney was more involved with Glory than any other album post-2008. She spoke about how she was able to be more hands on with this project than anything before. She was also killing the stage in 2016 and I mean, look at the original Make Me video and Slumber Party video... girl was killing the choreo and looked amazing and present. The vocals she provided for Glory shows she was having fun and enjoying the process. Agree to disagree, I guess. 

• Love 1

plus let’s not act like britney’s albums have always been ahead of their time let’s be real most of britney’s albums are products of their time, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re bad but it just means they sound like the eras they were released in 

blackout was obviously inspired by the nelly furtando/timbaland kinda stuff , ff was inspired by kesha , circus was inspired by gaga etc etc 

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

For those people using "Glory" sounds like a Selena album, that's how a lot of pop albums work and have worked. You know that "distinctive sound" you hear in those albums and you know what decade it's from? It's because everyone shares producers and copies sounds from each other. If you put a Backstreet Boys, NSync, First 3 Britney albums, Destiny's Child, and Spice Girls next to each other, you'll hear similarities in beats and instruments.  I don't think a lot of people in this thread would be using that excuse if we talked about BOMT, Oops, or Britney, would you? 

Agreed. The whole Selena and Revival thing is so stale and unimaginative. There’s like 3 songs on Glory that sound anything similar to something on Revival. It’s just what people say to knock Glory. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Martian_M00d said:

Exactly, a lot of Max Martin productions sound similar. Songs like Stronger have similar beats to Backstreet Boys songs. Max even admitted that he reuses sounds out of sheer laziness. It’s like people talking about the Beatles sound when really lots of bands at the time had that same hippie guitar sound too. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, torontofan said:

Agreed! And I LOVE glory!  BUT.. she even said in an interview that she named it glory because she was tired of recording the album and her son said to her that it would be a glorious day when it was over! Even if she did like a lot of the songs ect... I don't think she enjoys the process. Not like she used to anyways..

That's not what she said. At least I don't remember her ever saying she was tired of recording it.