People who think Glory is Britney's 'baby' are the same who think Britney Jean is 'her most personal record'

To me, it is a good pop album but it definitely isnt her best or in my top 5. It's too monotonous to me, it has too many slow/mid tempo tracks which Britney will never sing 100% live so what is the point of that? It's better for her to focus on her strenght and release more upbeat songs she can perform on stage and give it a more appropriate treatment. 

Ofc, it's a step up if we consider her previous work (BJ) her involvement was obvious but she kinda got late to the tropical tribal sound trend. I don’t mind if she follows trends or not, as long as she embraces it at it's 100%, the album was totally ignored and left out by the 1st month after its release. 

Looking at it in perspective, it was a good work and we dont have to like everything she does, at least, it brings variety in her discography as a whole. 

Yeah, I don't like Britney Jean very much. I used to though! I remember her twitter account followed me after Britney Jean came out and replied asking me what my favorite song was. I said Tik Tik Boom at the time... I now know that album was mostly not her singing though, and the tweet to me prob wasn't her... it was still fun being a naive 15 year old and not knowing :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Britney fans need to gather it up and acknowledge that nobody outside of the fandom enjoyed this album as much since you did not lie at all OP :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

that's an unfair reasoning, because under that logic, then she enjoyed more making FF or Circus, just because they had more commercial success "outside of the fandom", which I'd find harder to believe

• Love 2
Just now, PokemonSpears said:

that's an unfair reasoning, because under that logic, then she enjoyed more making FF or Circus, just because they had more commercial success "outside of the fandom", which I'd find harder to believe

She definitely did not enjoy recording FF since everything the team was doing was against her wishes and interests. However, I still feel that Circus was the last album besides Glory that she enjoyed recording. I am literally not tripping because I once read an interview where she called Circus 'her baby' and since then, I have never been able to find that interview.

Whereas to your point, I didn't mean that Glory enjoyed little commercial success due to people outside of the fandom disliking it. But if you go to polls of general pop culture forums in threads which ask 'Which Britney Album Is Your Favorite?", most of the polls have Glory has some of the least voted ones. There was also a thread on another forum asking if Glory was a good album for Britney to finish her discography (due to rumors of her retiring) and most of them said no and called the album, a record full of Selena rejects like the OP said. Besides fans and critics, I don't think the GP enjoy this record as much.

I don’t really listen to BJ with the exception of Don’t Cry. I’ve never heard her talk passionately about this album. I listened to it in full the other day just to see if my mind had changed. But I’m sorry this album is really really bad. 

However I have heard her talk passionately about Glory. I like when she did a track by track commentary as well. I believe she does like (parts) of the album. She was obviously really into DYWTCO. I mean it’s no Blackout or ITZ but it’s a solid album IMO. Best out of the conservatorship era. 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

She definitely did not enjoy recording FF since everything the team was doing was against her wishes and interests. However, I still feel that Circus was the last album besides Glory that she enjoyed recording. I am literally not tripping because I once read an interview where she called Circus 'her baby' and since then, I have never been able to find that interview.

Whereas to your point, I didn't mean that Glory enjoyed little commercial success due to people outside of the fandom disliking it. But if you go to polls of general pop culture forums in threads which ask 'Which Britney Album Is Your Favorite?", most of the polls have Glory has some of the least voted ones. There was also a thread on another forum asking if Glory was a good album for Britney to finish her discography (due to rumors of her retiring) and most of them said no and called the album, a record full of Selena rejects like the OP said. Besides fans and critics, I don't think the GP enjoy this record as much.

But them being good or bad, successful or not has nothing to do with how Britney feels about them. BJ could've very well been her most personal album at the time, and Glory "her baby" at the time even if nowadays she might feel different.

I don't recall Britney talking that fondly about Circus, despite those short interviews and FF she did mostly magazine publications, describing it just like a fun record, and praising Max and Dr Luke etc.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

To be honest I think she really liked Glory.. just cross check interviews from BJ era to the ones from Glory era you can see how more passionate she was towards Glory.. she might not had input to ALL the tracks but for me, the passion for Glory was felt throughout the album.. 

she overall felt more happy in 2016, so maybe creating Glory was part of it? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Well, I think BJ is completely forgotten by the GP and also by fans - I can't believe her team put this under her Discography but to be honest I love Glory - yes not like ITZ or Blackout or even Britney but I do listen to it occasionally especially the new songs like Mood ring and Matches - I also feel she had control over this album but yes Britney if comes back needs to shape up! She's not a regular pop star she is MF Britney Spears! 

• Love 1