Jump to content

Taylor Swift's 'Evermore' is back at #1, earns top sales week of 2021 as well


Recommended Posts

  • Exhale+

Congrats to Taylor Swift. Her second surprise album, "Evermore," has returned to the top of the Billboard 200, topping the charts with 202,000 units this week. 192,000 was pure sales alone as the Vinyl and cassette tape albums have started to ship. 

As Billboard pointed it out, physical media takes longer to manufacture and since Taylor gave nobody a proper heads up about Evermore, the manufacturing takes a while with Vinyl being the longest.

That's not all. Taylor has the best pure sales week in 2021, beating her own Fearless (Taylor's version) as that went to #2 on top sales week for the year totals.

Congrats Taylor on returning to the top of the US Billboard 200 where you belong. 

Also extends her record as the female with the most weeks on top of the Billboard 200.

 

ever2.jpg.4d16880b62346700e80dae14b3dbaa3f.jpg

@InTheZone4Life

@Blackout2006

@Midnight

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most boring artist ever  After Beyonce the most overrated. Waiting for her to finally flop 

I can't at all the responses. Taylor is scoring number ones with six month, to recordings of thirteen year old ones. Even of you're not a fan, that is impressive for anyone, and on top of that, the on

Its funny how people are pressed by this album getting back to no 1. Imagine being bothered by a number like that. She sold her album for discounted price, so? Good for vinyl buyers bcs vinyl is hella

Posted Images

  • Exhale+
1 hour ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

The most boring artist ever :matches: After Beyonce the most overrated.

Waiting for her to finally flop :matches:

She won't. People are actually calling Billboard out cos she was able to sell the album for 4.99 and 3.99, they even shared articles that basically Billboard blasted Gaga for selling her album for .99 cents and basically said Gaga got reprimanded by Billboard while Taylor is allowed to do this. 

 

It's basically being called favoritism and it's showing now that while they'll allow her to discount her recent album to technically not allowed prices, Billboard allows it cos it's America's sweetheart, but nobody is allowed to this..

 

Which is why people said the charts are dead, not only cos of streaming, but how Billboard allows these tactics called cheating to happen..

 

The fact evermore was #71 last week to go back to #1 was only due to the huge discounts cos vinyls alone wouldn't have such a massive surge like this. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
  • Exhale+

Not that great of a feat when you have discounted your vinyls, selling albums for prices lower than toilet paper, selling another batch of discounted vinyls on Target, selling 90s remixes of Willow and SERIOUSLY selling digitally autographed CDs :clownery_makeup_meme: She is obviously milking her fans for the charts but the Taylor stans told me "sHe dOeSn'T cArE aBoUt tHe ChArTs aNyMoRe 🥺🥺🥺" and choose to remain blind :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: @CrazyButItFeelsAllright look at this clownery :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

  • Haha 4
  • Like 2

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Link to post
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not that great of a feat when you have discounted your vinyls, selling albums for prices lower than toilet paper, selling another batch of discounted vinyls on Target, selling 90s remixes of Willow and SERIOUSLY selling digitally autographed CDs :clownery_makeup_meme: She is obviously milking her fans for the charts but the Taylor stans told me "sHe dOeSn'T cArE aBoUt tHe ChArTs aNyMoRe 🥺🥺🥺" and choose to remain blind :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: @CrazyButItFeelsAllright look at this clownery :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Yeah, I love her, but I couldn't help but cringe when I saw the new bundles and stuff... What the **** is a digitally autographed CD? No, Bestie, all you did was put your signature on a piece of paper and scanned it. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: And omg, I can't believe her gift to the fans for buying her stuff was to let them buy even more stuff. I'm surprised more fans didn't call her out. So, she's thanking us by asking us to throw even more money at her? And the remix wasn't even good... What kind of clownery? :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post

I can't at all the responses. Taylor is scoring number ones with six month, to recordings of thirteen year old ones. Even of you're not a fan, that is impressive for anyone, and on top of that, the only person matching her sales (and critical response) is herself.

The $4.99/Born This Way Comparision is irrelevant and flawed. When BTW was released, you only had two options, buy it physically or buy it digitally. Nowadays, you don't have to pay to consume, its all available for streaming on YouTube, Spotify etc. At no charge at all, meaning all always are available for free now, if you choose to listen on those platforms.

Taylor sold her new vinyls and cassettes at a non discounted price, and then discounted her six month old album, and released a remix of her single.

Yall pressed your fave could never with new releases what Taylor does with older ones.

  • Love 3
  • Like 4
Link to post
9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not that great of a feat when you have discounted your vinyls, selling albums for prices lower than toilet paper, selling another batch of discounted vinyls on Target, selling 90s remixes of Willow and SERIOUSLY selling digitally autographed CDs :clownery_makeup_meme: She is obviously milking her fans for the charts but the Taylor stans told me "sHe dOeSn'T cArE aBoUt tHe ChArTs aNyMoRe 🥺🥺🥺" and choose to remain blind :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: @CrazyButItFeelsAllright look at this clownery :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

She’s the queen of caring about the charts, but whatever. Those charts never fail to amaze me with their stupidity 

  • Love 1

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
9 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She won't. People are actually calling Billboard out cos she was able to sell the album for 4.99 and 3.99, they even shared articles that basically Billboard blasted Gaga for selling her album for .99 cents and basically said Gaga got reprimanded by Billboard while Taylor is allowed to do this. 

 

It's basically being called favoritism and it's showing now that while they'll allow her to discount her recent album to technically not allowed prices, Billboard allows it cos it's America's sweetheart, but nobody is allowed to this..

 

Which is why people said the charts are dead, not only cos of streaming, but how Billboard allows these tactics called cheating to happen..

 

The fact evermore was #71 last week to go back to #1 was only due to the huge discounts cos vinyls alone wouldn't have such a massive surge like this. 

Where was the album on sale for these prices?! 

Link to post

This comment section is so pressed. Billboard has been irrelevant since the streaming era took over. All the charts do is say “Woohoo Consumerism.” It accounts nothing about how good the music is, the longevity, nor the impact. You could make an album of dead noise and it could go to #1. No sense in arguing about whether Taylor deserves it or not because none of it matters anyways.

  • Love 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
10 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She won't. People are actually calling Billboard out cos she was able to sell the album for 4.99 and 3.99, they even shared articles that basically Billboard blasted Gaga for selling her album for .99 cents and basically said Gaga got reprimanded by Billboard while Taylor is allowed to do this. 

 

This might be a little misleading. Gaga got called out for it, with Artpop I believe, because it was a new release. An album has to be released for X amount of time in order for it to count as a sale while discounted. Taylor's album has been out for half a year, that's probably why her discounted album counts. Also, the article states that a large amount of Evermore's numbers for last week were for ones purchased a while ago but that didn't ship till recently. Pre-ordered copies don't count till they ship. So, Taylor is doing everything by the book. 

  • Love 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Exhale+
2 minutes ago, anthony7226 said:

This might be a little misleading. Gaga got called out for it, with Artpop I believe, because it was a new release. An album has to be released for X amount of time in order for it to count as a sale. Taylor's album has been out for half a year, that's probably why her discounted album counts. Also, the article states that a large amount of Evermore's numbers for last week were for ones purchased a while ago but that didn't ship till recently. Pre-ordered copies don't count till they ship. So, Taylor is doing everything by the book. 

No, Amazon sold Born this way for 99 cents for 3 days, it forced Billboard to change the rules and as we saw Gaga holds the record for biggest sales drop for a million opener album. To sell one million to 100,000 plus copies. She was dragged by everybody except her monsters..

 

And it proved it was the Amazon deal where she got the 600,000 plus sales, so it was more people wanted the sale than the album. Cos she sold 545,000 without the sale anyway. 

 

But with Taylor, she sold 1989 for 99 cents as well, but many people forgot that it happened, but the gaga one is forever in our heads. 

 

I like Taylor, but it's like her team paid people to hide all her sales gimmicks from papa John's pizza, Walgreens and make you search for it..everybody literally forgot all her tactics to break records..

 

@Blackout2006

@CrazyButItFeelsAllright

even my friend said, it's easy to find her tactics, but gaga gets the burnt and the drags while Taylor has become an exception to the rules, evermore came out December 13, it's not 6 months which is the rules MRC allows lower the 5.99 albums to chart, but guess who got special treatment, there is a backlash now. She pissed everybody off with her preferred treatment over other artists..

  • Love 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

No, Amazon sold Born this way for 99 cents for 3 days, it forced Billboard to change the rules and as we saw Gaga holds the record for biggest sales drop for a million opener album. To sell one million to 100,000 plus copies. She was dragged by everybody except her monsters..

 

But with Taylor, she sold 1989 for 99 cents as well, but many people forgot that it happened, but the gaga one is forever in our heads. 

 

Ok, but why are we talking about this in relation to her achievement with Evermore, and why are we comparing her to Gaga's discounted album from a decade ago? And also, Microsoft sold 1989 at the discounted price, along with albums from Jay Z and others, for users with specific devices.

Published in October of 2014, "Microsoft recently announced it has decided to close its free streaming service Xbox Music this December, while continuing its paid streaming offering, and will now offer 101 albums for $1.99 or less each Tuesday with its new Music Deals app for Windows 8 and Windows Phone.This week's offerings other than 1989 include a hip-hop promotion that features albums from Jay Z, Kanye West, Drake and 2Pac, as well as 50 metal albums. All those, along with Swift's new set, will be available through Nov. 3." - Billboard.com

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block